What is this thing called

Totem Clan

Its poor form to ask for puzzle help on the forum. *sarcasm*

Sarcasm reconized but....

I almost didn't ask just to avoid the angst that some folks bring to something like. Thus the "Don't solve" part. :rolleyes:

BTW thanks I got my answer and will do the work myself. Thanks again.

Its poor form to ask for puzzle help on the forum. *sarcasm*

I'd find it funny if someone came and chided the OP in seriousness about asking for puzzle help on the forums.

We all know someone's actually going to, though. :huh:

Yep, I was poking fun of those that made those type of remarks. :laughing:

If I didnt say anything, someone will. <_<

It's natural to ask for help with puzzles. The problem is that everyone has a different definition of what is help and what is an outright spoiler. There is no way of knowing if the cache owner intended the puzzle to be to figure out what the puzzle is (in this case to recognize what kind of code this is) or if is to do the decoding (which is probably the easier thing to do using the internet).

TOU section 4(m) is essentially banning any discussion of puzzles because nobody but the owner knows how much information the owner would consent to being posted on a Groundspeak owned website. Not posting the GC is not enough since someone is likely going to figure this out based on the OP's location. It's easier to tell what pictures of Lara Croft are family friendly than to know what can be discussed about puzzles.

Edited by tozainamboku