trackables

bigbear4737

Welcome to owning trackables :( best of luck on tracking them down. Trackables these days seem to have better luck overseas.

The 3 I have lost and one for my wife all showed they were in washington state. It shows they are in the cache but logs say no trackables there. I will say this much I wont waste my time buying more to place in caches.

We have an unusual situation in the Puget Sound area recently. If you can keep your trackables out of the area they may well have a better chance of not stalling due to our situation. It is not fun for those of us who enjoy the trackables part of the game. :(

Understatement of the year and it's still January. The straight scope is: there is a well known and long time trackable hoarder in the Seattle area; search these forums and those at WSGA for more info.

There is no way a cacher can control where their trackables travel. I don't understand the mentality that the victims are responsible to do something rather then addressing the issue directly with the person causing it.

Edited by _Shaddow_

Please don't make me stop this thread. Keep the finger pointing in your pockets. There is/are others taking advantage of an individual's reputation as there is a known timeframe of disappearance while the individual was out of town.

No one mentioned any names, so where is the finger pointing? The situation that Shaddow mentioned to is actually more complicated than how it has been portrayed both here and in the WSGA forums, but there is no reason why it should not be discussed in general terms. How else will people learn about it so they can stop making contributions? Once we learned what was going on, we definitely changed the way we move trackables.

It is a fact that a certain person tends to hoard trackables and releases some of them in batches every now and then. If the hoarder gets blamed for every missing trackable in the region, it is no one's fault but their own.

Please don't make me stop this thread. Keep the finger pointing in your pockets. There is/are others taking advantage of an individual's reputation as there is a known timeframe of disappearance while the individual was out of town.

Finger pointing? This is akin to pointing out a shoplifter then being chastised for pointing them out while suggesting we not talk about it or they might shoplift even more.

Also if we were TOLD this facts then we would KNOW these facts and therefore avoid making statements that are less then 100% accurate.

However, in any case a second guilty party doesn't make the first guilty party innocent.

No one mentioned any names

B&L You don't need names to point fingers. This is non-debatable.

However, in any case a second guilty party doesn't make the first guilty party innocent.

Doesn't mean the first party is completely to blame either which means you also have other unscroupulous behavior to contend with.

Shaddow, I understand your frustration. All I'm asking is keep the conversation general in terms. I'm sure you can find a way and that allows me to lurk rather than take action.

You are being very rigid and specific that you don't want 'pointed fingers' however that is a very non-specific and flexible concept. Please clarify this line that we are not supposed to cross so we can be sure not to upset the cart.

Finger pointing? This is akin to pointing out a shoplifter then being chastised for pointing them out while suggesting we not talk about it or they might shoplift even more.

Also if we were TOLD this facts then we would KNOW these facts and therefore avoid making statements that are less then 100% accurate.

Doesn't mean the first party is completely to blame either which means you also have other unscroupulous behavior to contend with.

As I said, if you or others 'in the know' were allowed to discuss this facts, and did choose to discuss those facts, for the rest of us to know and understand, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. By withholding information, directly or indirectly, you have set up this situation. If I had been informed that there is more than one major trackable party-of-interest working the area then I would not have been so specific that it was primarily one person.

Besides, we have to take your word for it because you have present no information to back up your statement. I have a high level of doubt that you have much information to support your claim. There is no missing-trackable hotline and it took a very long time for the information about this specific-case-that-I'm-not-suppose-to-discuss to get around.

Shaddow, I understand your frustration. All I'm asking is keep the conversation general in terms. I'm sure you can find a way and that allows me to lurk rather than take action.

My personal frustration is just one a drop in a pond.

Yet my frustration is not affecting my ability to communicate. I'm not being unreasonable, uncivil, using crude language or presenting any other behavior that would obviously be an issue posting here. I'm simply having a reasonable germane discussion about a very pressing issue that is effecting a lot of people here and outside the area, in the very place set up to have these discussions.

Edited by _Shaddow_

Shaddow,

Please clarify this line that we are not supposed to cross so we can be sure not to upset the cart.

It is the specificity of your post that caused me to come in and provide a little nudge. As to the rest of your post, I'm unable to comment to specifics for the same reason. I have no problem with this topic so long as it maintains one guideline please. It's ok to generalize to maintain the conversation.

Thank you.

Shaddow,

Please clarify this line that we are not supposed to cross so we can be sure not to upset the cart.

It is the specificity of your post that caused me to come in and provide a little nudge. As to the rest of your post, I'm unable to comment to specifics for the same reason. I have no problem with this topic so long as it maintains one guideline please. It's ok to generalize to maintain the conversation.

Thank you.

That is still not completely clear but I'm not going to press the issue. I'll do my best to be more non-specific in this case.

You do understand that there is a lot of upset people. You may not understand, though should, that those feelings are turning towards Groundspeak not only because of the lack of action but the apparent active effort to suppress open and free discussion.

Knowing the reasoning behind this non-specific statement requirement will go towards the direction of easing the situation. It is not because of the concept innocent until proven guilty because GS itself has made at least one very direct attempt in the past to fix the situation.

[edited for spelling as usual]

Edited by _Shaddow_

Want to say welcome Tarn_Loon to your new role as forum moderator

And to point out that by your 7th post I had a strong hunch who you are IRL, by post #9 (now deleted) several of us had become quite convinced :o:D

Thanks Shaddow. I've been out of the closet for a couple of months now so it wasn't much of a secret. I want to try to keep this hat put away as much as possible. I think overall, and it is noted in the moderator forums, the NW forum is one of the best forums to be moderating. That's saying quite a bit for our group.

Thanks Shaddow. I've been out of the closet for a couple of months now so it wasn't much of a secret. I want to try to keep this hat put away as much as possible. I think overall, and it is noted in the moderator forums, the NW forum is one of the best forums to be moderating. That's saying quite a bit for our group.

I will look to keep your non-secret secret to myself.

I agree too, from what I've seen in my few brief visits to other areas, the NW forum is very polite and civil.

Remember: moderate not control or influence

Edited by _Shaddow_

No need. Transparency is important. I started in the closet only to foster an open mind on the new moderator in town. I will do my best not to disappoint. For those whom have not caught on yet... Consider B&L's post with my initials.

And seeing how you used your name in your first post...

(Edit since I can't spel wel)

Edited by The Jester

No one mentioned any names, so where is the finger pointing? The situation that Shaddow mentioned to is actually more complicated than how it has been portrayed both here and in the WSGA forums, but there is no reason why it should not be discussed in general terms. How else will people learn about it so they can stop making contributions? Once we learned what was going on, we definitely changed the way we move trackables.

It is a fact that a certain person tends to hoard trackables and releases some of them in batches every now and then. If the hoarder gets blamed for every missing trackable in the region, it is no one's fault but their own.

deleted

Edited by jellis