Case for Oregon 450...

why do you want a case? its shock proof...as an example i dropped mine face down on a concrete floor, yes it got a little dent on the frame but that's all, which now it starting to wear off

i will strongly reccomend you put a screen protector on it

I have the Garmin case that Bamboozle mentioned, and I didn't like it for 3 reasons:

1. It's too big for the Oregon - about an inch extra at the top. I prefer a more snug fit.

2. You cannot have the belt clip attached and store the Oregon in that case.

3. It obviously doesn't protect the Oregon when it is in use. My daughter accidentally hit my hand while I was holding my Oregon, and it flew out of my hand and earned its first scratches.

Garmin also has a hard case that many people say is also way too big for the Oregon.

The one I'm thinking of buying is the Oregon slip case. It seems to address my 3 points above.

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-oregon-series-slip-case.html

Part number : 010-11345-00

Amazon has it for slightly less, but Amazon itself is not selling it, saying "the item is under review". I suspect it might be the photo showing the clip, when the clip actually comes with the Oregon and not the case.

By the way, if you don't have this already, consider it.

Part number : 010-11022-10 Oregon Belt Clip

I have the Garmin case that Bamboozle mentioned, and I didn't like it for 3 reasons:

1. It's too big for the Oregon - about an inch extra at the top. I prefer a more snug fit.

3. It obviously doesn't protect the Oregon when it is in use. My daughter accidentally hit my hand while I was holding my Oregon, and it flew out of my hand and earned its first scratches.

Garmin also has a hard case that many people say is also way too big for the Oregon.

The one I'm thinking of buying is the Oregon slip case. It seems to address my 3 points above.

Amazon has it for slightly less, but Amazon itself is not selling it, saying "the item is under review". I suspect it might be the photo showing the clip, when the clip actually comes with the Oregon and not the case.

I tried a case like the one you recommend and while i found it to be about the best out there for compact and protection it was a pain sliding the unit in and out every few hours to replace batteries etc. especially as the plastic see through front would stick to the screen of the unit.

I tried a case like the one you recommend and while i found it to be about the best out there for compact and protection it was a pain sliding the unit in and out every few hours to replace batteries etc. especially as the plastic see through front would stick to the screen of the unit.

Great observation, didn't think of that one. One of those things that you have to try out to notice. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll hold off on that case.

There's a silicone skin for the Dakota that some people are using for the Oregon. One reviewer said it's too tight and shows sign of disintegration (probably because it's over-stretched). It would have the same problem with batteries.

I picked up one of those style cases for my eTrex Vista HCx and it only lasted a year before it started to tear by the clip. Since then, it's been GizzMoVest all the way. I like the Oregon case, it really protects the GPS from damage, a real hard use case.

Edited by coggins

Was looking at getting an Oregon 450... I'll probably be using the bike handlebar mount and some kind of belt clip... Is there some kind of case the you can use with these items??? If not what cases are yall using and recommend???

I'd suggest spending the money on a Zagg screen cover. That's what you're most likely to scratch up.

I'd suggest spending the money on a Zagg screen cover. That's what you're most likely to scratch up.

I find it unfortunate that Skinomi doesn't have one cut to size for the Oregon. I have a larger piece that I cut to fit. It seems to be easier to apply than the Zagg (I have that on another Oregon) and it doesn't feel sticky after application.