Request: Auto resizing of photos, like the benchmark pages have.

Marky

I spend a fair amount of time getting my pictures down to 100K or below to upload to the cache pages. In the benchmark pages, it accepts images of any size and automatically converts them so that they are small enough. Could we get that for the cache pages? icon_confused.gif I would love to just be able to export my pics from iPhoto at 604x480 and not have to take the time of manually getting them to fit the size requirement.

Regards,

Marky

Although, if I understand the benchmark mechanism, as long as you are under 150k, it doesn't do any conversion for the full size picture. I could be wrong. icon_wink.gif It seems like that would be the best of both worlds. For those who want to get the optimum picture for the size, and are willing to take the time to tweak them, it leaves them alone. For those to lazy (me?) to take the time and get their pictures down to the right size, then the site does it for them. Does this seem like a reasonable solution?

--Marky

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

The white space was NOT in the original photo.

Was that picture bigger than 150k? None of mine has ever done that, that I know of (I've posted 35 finds to the benckmarks pages). Here is a water tower in Campbell, CA, that has a benchmark in one of it's feet.

I wasn't really arguing your point thought, what I was asking is: Wouldn't it be the best of both worlds if it didn't touch the files that fit the criteria and fixed the ones that didn't fit?

Regards,

Marky