Mike Stum?

GeoLobo

Anyone know where i can find a public image of Mike Stum? Anyone know his geonick?

Stum is credited with inventing the term "geocaching"

I am doing a series of Trading Cards related to persons/events in particular periods of the geocaching timeline.

The cards are in the infancy stage right now, and i have only began to work on the front images, not the frames (front and back), or the data (Historical info) that will go on the back.

I have done many personal trading cards in the past

http://www.bluelinegeocachers.org/images/tradingcards/

you can find the timeline series here

http://www.bluelinegeocachers.org/images/tradingcards/timeline_series/

In all i will start with 10 cards, but will be creating more in the future related to many other persons/events related to geocaching history.

Anyone know where i can find a public [domain] image of Mike Stum?

Corrected it for you. It seems unlikely that there will be one.

Alternatively, you might want to locate a copyrighted image and get permission to use it from the copyright owner.

Ya, sure, if someone has one, that would be great! I would seek permission!

Anyone know where i can find a public [domain] image of Mike Stum?
Corrected it for you. It seems unlikely that there will be one.

Alternatively, you might want to locate a copyrighted image and get permission to use it from the copyright owner.

Take a look at the existing trading cards. It looks like he's creating original artwork. The image of Mike Stum wouldn't be copied. It would just show him what Mike Stum looks like, so his original artwork can be more accurate.

Then again, maybe Mike Stum is a dog. On the internet, you never know...

Isn't it "Matt" Stum?

</h3>

<h3>The Origins of Geocaching

Geocaching, first coined by Matt Stum on the "GPS Stash Hunt" mailing list on May 30, 2000, was the joining of two familiar words. The prefix geo, for Earth, was used to describe the global nature of the activity, but also for its use in familiar topics in gps such as geography.

Take a look at the existing trading cards. It looks like he's creating original artwork. The image of Mike Stum wouldn't be copied. It would just show him what Mike Stum looks like, so his original artwork can be more accurate.

Sorry, I had looked only at the first set of linked trading cards. Yes, the timeline series appears to be original artwork, which can freely make use of copyrighted materials (as long as the new artwork is not "substantially similar").