Recording finds on a tape recorder

camp637

icon_rolleyes.gif I just bought an inexpensive and small tape recorder that I took along today for the first time to record whatever info I deemed necessary . Sometimes in the Cold Mid-Western Winters, it's hard to write on the log sheet that we bring along with us, so I thought I'd give this a try to see how it works. Quite well,I must say. On the other hand , my wife said it was like a running commentary-ala Quincy(The Medical Examiner show from a long time ago). She said it sounded like I was doing an autopsy! Now, how about setting up some of these recordings some day in a way that Geocachers could hear them? Perhaps I can set up something on my web page? Questions--answers- suggestions?

camp637 icon_eek.gif

I suggested using a recorder once to Sissy and just got the "Look."

But then we went on a cache where we had to try to avoid detection - THIS ONE - we were in public places, etc. Basically, I'd put the recorder in my pocket and started it when we were near the point to look for clues and talked. When we found the coordinates to the next leg we'd just say them and continue on.

Worked great.

CR

72057_2000.gif

heh heh... I bought one of those nice little Digital Voice Recorders from (a major electronics chain) to record my personal cache log notes (that way I only have to write into the cache log book, then dictate into the DVR, and use it to help with the cache notes)

Although it makes it a bit harder to feel like you are getting back to nature when you're out geocaching, and you realize that you're holding the GPSr in one hand, a digicam hanging from your neck, the FRS radio clipped onto the waistband of your pants, a cell phone in one pocket, and the Digital Recorder in another...and then off course somewhere on you are your signature item and other assorted trade items... icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

But, I'm not totally geeked up yet, since I don't have a PDA with all the hook-ups you get there... icon_frown.gif

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

I kept an audio journal during PaterQuest so that when I got home, I could create accurate logs for all the caches. I even put a short audio clip in one of my logs.

I like the idea... but audio takes up a lot more disk space than does writin'.

Jamie

I just got one of these. I intend to bring it caching to record my antics. It interfaces with USB to download your recordings in WAV format.

If you're vigilant they come fairly cheap on ebay. I got mine for around $40, about half what I've seen them for in stores.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I have a recorder in my backpack because one day I did so many caches and exchanged so much that I couldn't remember what and where I did it all. I find that just making the verbal notes and reveiwing them while I drive between caches has helped me remember all those details. I don't think that I'd be interested in hearing other's logs. Such as; "Captain's log stardate 2109.4...." icon_biggrin.gif

Steve Bukosky N9BGH

Waukesha Wisconsin

I just got a digital video that I took with caching for the first time. With my poodle Buudy. Just the two of us. So the DV was on often without my realizing it. Just hanging from my neck swinging in the breeze. Talking pictures often of the ground but dutifully recording every sound.

So I get home, plug it into my TV to show the missus the great cachers we are. And there's me talking. "Well Buddy, what d'ya think. Over here?" "Naw, not there, let's try over here" "Oh here it is. Now let's see what kind a crap's in there. Yup, TNLN". "Want to stamp your paw print in there?" etc. etc.

The wife cracked up!! I keep telling her it's lonely out there and a man's got to talk to someone. Or something. icon_redface.gif

Alan