Moun10Bike Geocoin v5 Is Cursed!

Moun10Bike

At least there were no serious injuries in the crash.

Could someone give me the coordinates for the derailment?

We want to drive over there and look for the hundreds of Moun10Bike coins that are scattered all over the place! B)

Let me know when you guys are going and I'll tag along. :)

From those pictures, a lot of freight won't make it any farther than that, but other stuff seems to have survived. At least some containers are still intact.

Let us know when you hear any word on your coins. I hope they make it.

If they don't, you might want to create special "derailment" coins to replace them.

Put me on the list of buying one. :)

We want to drive over there and look for the hundreds of Moun10Bike coins that are scattered all over the place! B)

Yea totally in for that road trip. Looks like JustMike had something on that train as well.

Yea totally in for that road trip. Looks like JustMike had something on that train as well.

+1. Road Trip!

+1. Road Trip!

:)

Edited by TheCacheSeeker

A curse always adds monetary value. Consider the Hope Diamond $250,000,000:

Jacques Colet bought the Hope Diamond from Simon Frankel and committed suicide.

Prince Ivan Kanitovski bought it from Colet but was killed by Russian revolutionists.

Kanitovski loaned it to Mlle Ladue who was "murdered by her sweetheart."

Simon Mencharides, who had once sold it to the Turkish sultan, was thrown from a precipice along with his wife and young child

Sultan Hamid gave it to Abu Sabir to "polish" but later Sabir was imprisoned and tortured.

Stone guardian Kulub Bey was hanged by a mob in Turkey.

A Turkish attendant named Hehver Agha was hanged for having it in his possession.

Tavernier, who brought the stone from India to Paris was "torn to pieces by wild dogs in Constantinople."

King Louis gave it to Madama de Montespan whom later he abandoned.

Nicholas Fouquet, an "Intendant of France", borrowed it temporarily to wear it but was "disgraced and died in prison."

A temporary wearer, Princess de Lamballe, was "torn to pieces by a French mob."

Jeweler William Fals who recut the stone "died a ruined man."

William Fals' son Hendrik stole the jewel from his father and later committed suicide."

Some years (after Hendrik) "it was sold to Francis Deaulieu, who died in misery and want."

Source: The New York Times, January 29, 1911

Perhaps you should add a few more derailments.

Niether rain nor train shall keep us from our delivery... but toss in a little slushy snow and all bets are off.

Let me tell you, I (Mr. USPS Mailman) delivered every address, every snow day, every letter, every package. The transition/slush day was the worst. Traction was next to nill!

Well I am a bit less impressed with UPS now. Fedex is still hunkered down though. No delivery attempted again today. But as ERASeek said, good old USPS has been here everyday.

:blink:

I had my first delivery since Tuesday from USPS today. I am expecting a shipment via UPS. The last two days the tracking page has shown it out for delivery and then at the end of the day, that line was taken off the page. I have no idea when it will get here, but the expected delivery date has been the 25th all along. The irony is that this is a home weather station.

Well I am a bit less impressed with UPS now. Fedex is still hunkered down though. No delivery attempted again today. But as ERASeek said, good old USPS has been here everyday.

I had my first delivery since Tuesday from USPS today. I am expecting a shipment via UPS. The last two days the tracking page has shown it out for delivery and then at the end of the day, that line was taken off the page. I have no idea when it will get here, but the expected delivery date has been the 25th all along. The irony is that this is a home weather station.

:P Hope your weather station arrives so you can find out what's going on out there.

I just checked and mine says it is on vehicle for delivery. Big improvement over delivery not attempted!

:P Hope your weather station arrives so you can find out what's going on out there.

I just checked and mine says it is on vehicle for delivery. Big improvement over delivery not attempted!

My package arrived! I once again have a working broiler element, and therefore a working oven! B)

My package arrived! I once again have a working broiler element, and therefore a working oven! B)

That's a bit more important than my weather station. UPS does not show it out for delivery so I probably won't get it until Monday. No big on that one.

Niether rain nor train shall keep us from our delivery... but toss in a little slushy snow and all bets are off.

Let me tell you, I (Mr. USPS Mailman) delivered every address, every snow day, every letter, every package. The transition/slush day was the worst. Traction was next to nill!

I have no complaints with USPS. They were out on my street everyday. I even posted a photo of USPS making a delivery on my FB.

Do we work for the same government? I got all three days off with pay. It almost got to where I was looking forward to coming in today. Almost.

That's a bit more important than my weather station. UPS does not show it out for delivery so I probably won't get it until Monday. No big on that one.

Did it arrive today?

Did it arrive today?

It came on Monday. FedEx did some delivery on Saturday because a neighbor received a box delivered by them, but UPS did not venture out on Saturday.

:rolleyes: Well, there's this White card stock sleeve with the number of the Coin on it. Then as you slowly slide that sleeve off, you begin to see a Black Jewel box and there in the middle of that is a Gold Moun10Bike Signage. Beautiful....

Now as you slowly open the Box,you find that item to which you have wanted to see since hearing about it's creation then that awful Train Wreck. There is even a slot inside the box to hold the coin upright for display.

All I can say is it is Fantastic!! :anicute:

The entire Combo is a work of Art.

Thanks Again... :D