Any geocaching magazines?

FolsomNatural

Are there any English-language geocaching magazines around?

One would think, considering the popularity of the sport, that there would be a huge demand for a monthly magazine, but I don't see any.

I did once subscribe to a magazine, but it turned out to be a rip-off, bogus.

And I know there is an on-line magazine (somewhere; need help on this), but I cannot find a hard-copy print version.

What gives?

:huh:

just found this one geocaching mag

"Next issue coming out Winter 2010"

You might want to research this one a bit before sending any money. You can do a search in these forums.

The other two mentioned are both good!

In fact there was only one issue, published in 2008. But he continues to take money from unsuspecting people at his website, who don't do this research. I'll bet he gets a couple subscriptions a week.

He has a Facebook page which currently has 3,001 likes, and regularly posts general interest Geocaching stories to his wall (one last month), for which he'll often get 10 or 15 comments. I'm willing to bet none of these 3,001 likes or commenters know he's a con artist that published one issue 4 years ago. They just think they're following a legitimate Geocaching magazine.

Incredible, really. Do your research people. I hope no one subscribed in the day before hukilaulau replied. :mad:

We are looking for the first three issues of FTF Geocacher Magazine in print. Are there any cachers willing to part with their issues? If so, we are willing to compensate and pay for shipping. Please contact us! :antenna:

I just came across a few extra copies of the 2nd and 3rd issues. I'll be happy to send them to you for the price of postage.

Just wanted to post a quick note of thanks to all who continue to support and promote FTF Geocacher Magazine. I am currently working on issue number 18, the final issue of 2012 completing our third 6-issue volume of the magazine. I plan to continue improvements to the content and layout in 2013. Keep the stories and photo contributions coming, and keep on caching!

Edited by ckpetrus

I've got news on the digital publishing side of things. I am in the process of submitting the magazine (FTF Geocacher) to Apple's Newsstand. Rather than being a standalone app with back issues as before, the magazine will behave like a REAL magazine app, with the option subscribe yearly, monthy, purchase individual issues, etc. I can't make any promises at this point but I believe I will be able to port the magazine to Android devices as well. Stay tuned...

I've got news on the digital publishing side of things. I am in the process of submitting the magazine (FTF Geocacher) to Apple's Newsstand. Rather than being a standalone app with back issues as before, the magazine will behave like a REAL magazine app, with the option subscribe yearly, monthy, purchase individual issues, etc. I can't make any promises at this point but I believe I will be able to port the magazine to Android devices as well. Stay tuned...

Will there be any price difference from the print version?

Will there be any price difference from the print version?

Yes, it will be slightly less expensive if you choose the full-year subscription option, and I hope to offer an occasional mini-bonus issue as well. A full year subscription will be $19.99, a a bi-monthly subscription will be $3.99 per issue (same as print), and individual issues will be $4.99.

If this comes to Android, I would be excited. I am not a big fan of print magazines and use my phone/tablet for magazines. I am still new to geocaching so hearing stories would be exciting.

Are there any English-language geocaching magazines around?

One would think, considering the popularity of the sport, that there would be a huge demand for a monthly magazine, but I don't see any.

I did once subscribe to a magazine, but it turned out to be a rip-off, bogus.

And I know there is an on-line magazine (somewhere; need help on this), but I cannot find a hard-copy print version.

What gives?

:huh:

A "magazine"? What's that?? :laughing:

Good info above.

Well, I guess since all the players are hitting this forum today I might as well add my 2 cents! FTF Geocacher Magazine is now in its 5th year of publication. The magazine is available in digital format for the iPad and via good old fashioned paper subscriptions. New and renewing paper-edition subscribers get one of our free Bigfoot geo-cryptozoology tags. Thanks for subscribing! Oh, and don't forget to submit your stories and photos to stories@ftfgeocacher.com.

Just a reminder!

The Online Geocacher is your free ad-free online geocaching magazine where anyone can share most anything related to geocaching.

Read some great fun stories and contribute your own!

http://onlinegeocacher.com

https://www.facebook.com/TheOnlineGeocacher

Is this still active? The website link doesn't work. And their last fb post was in 2013. I'm looking for ways to advertise our geotour. Thanks for any help / recommendations!

Is this still active? The website link doesn't work. And their last fb post was in 2013. I'm looking for ways to advertise our geotour. Thanks for any help / recommendations!

I'm not sure about the Online Geocacher but FTF Geocacher magazine is still up and running! Email me at keith@ftfgeocacher.com if you are interested in advertising info.

Keith Petrus (TheFTFGuy)