COMPLETED (25129) - [BUG] Caches do not display on beta map on mobile devices

RaffeR

Groundspeak is aware of the issue with informational pop-ups failing to appear when clicking on cache icons on the map on mobile devices. This is something that works properly on the test server, so we suspect a config difference on the production servers to be the cause of the problem. We are investigating.

This issue will be corrected in our next site release, currently scheduled for Feb 28th.

Am I wrong in that the site has been updated but you still can't popup cache details on a tablet??? I've tried 3 different browsers on an iPad and it STILL doesn't work!!!

On my iPad cache descriptions were shown within PQs - until yesterday. Display all PQs, select one and then select a cache on the map. No awesome approach but oh well.

Today it does not work any more... Not with Safari, not Mercury, not after deleting cookies, emptying cache, ...

Now GC.com on the iPad is completely useless for searching and viewing caches on a map. This is really poor, guys!

And since it seems impossible to enhance the GC app to iPad, I always have to create PQs (limit: 500 caches per PQ, 5 PQs per day!!), download them and import into another (asynchronous) app.

Is this supposed to be the best you can do?

I have been following this discussion since February 14th and kept my feet still, hoping for a visible effort to resolve these issues. So far nothing really is in sight, so probably more people have to chime in to make clear that this is not acceptable? We are not talking about a small minority but about all mayor mobile platforms!

Do something to show you really give it a hard effort!

Raise the limit of caches per PQ or PQs per day until you get it to work.

Or port the app to the iPad and I will happily delete the GC favorite from mobile Safari. You get less expensive and less complex apps working on iPhone and iPad from smaller companies or organizations.

Or (my favorite) get this Java thing fixed soon if you want to stay competitive.

I tested this during the last few days and also today.

On the general map it still doesn't work. However there is a workaround: Tap on the button for pocket queries and select one of your pocket queries. It will be displayed on the map and every cache will be clickable on touch screen devices. Not optimal, but a workaround.

Unfortunately, this issue was only fixed for caches in a PQ in this release.

Why didn't you fix it for the normal map as well? When will it be fixed for the normal map?

I tested this during the last few days and also today.

On the general map it still doesn't work. However there is a workaround: Tap on the button for pocket queries and select one of your pocket queries. It will be displayed on the map and every cache will be clickable on touch screen devices. Not optimal, but a workaround.

Unfortunately, this issue was only fixed for caches in a PQ in this release.

Why didn't you fix it for the normal map as well? When will it be fixed for the normal map?

+1.

this is just embarrassing

ipad - I also can see all of the caches on the map, but tapping on them doesn't open the popup as it should.

Thanks for this topic and for everyone listing their problems. At least I know I am not alone with this problem. I am happy a fix is on the way and hopefull it will work. Thanks Geocaching for listening. I would pay to have the original maps brought back, perhaps in the premium member cost. The cachers I know never liked to use the beta map, they always switched back to the original map. A survey would have probably shown this.

Looks like the issue on iPads is partially solved. I can click on a cache on the Geocaching map and get a popup bubble. The bug, though, now occurs when you click on the link for the web page. In some cases, the web page opens fine. In other cases, the bubble jumps to another part of the map. You have to find the bubble after it jumps and click on the link again. You'll get the cache page to open in a new tab on the 2nd try. (5.1 - Safari)

Edited by New Jersey TJ

This bug had been fixed and it was working for half a year on the iPad. But now it seems that the bug has returned: Currently caches are not clickable on the Leaflet maps on the iPad.

In addition to this the pocket queries don't work either on the map. If you click on the button an empty list is displayed.

I am using an iPad 3 with iOS 6.0.