Your GPS Opinion Counts

FDWhitey

I am new to Geocaching and looking to buy my first handheld GPS. I have found a few on Craig's List and would like some assistance in choosing a good GPS.

Magellan Meridian GOLD

Magellan Explorist 200 GPS

Garmin eTrex H - GPS

If you have any info on any of these models for use with Geocaching I would appreciate your input.

Thank you!!!

You are a new premium member. Why not aim for a newer paperless units if you can afford it?

Don't know what your local CL sellers are askng for the units you mention. Personally, I wouldn't give $25 for the Explorist 200.....might go $40 on the older Meridian (only because I don't have one) and maybe $60 on the H.

I think the 200 isn't even computer connectible. And the others use old serial cables. All will work, but you will love a paperless USB unit if you can spring for one.

Thank you - I have been looking on Craig's List and those are my options that aren't over $250. They are all under $60. I'll keep looking!!!

Gee for $250.00 you can get a magellan Explooist 310 for about $199.00 or the Magellan explorist GC for $150.00 both of these will give you current technology and leave you some extra money for gas for your car. The GPS'rs you listed were good in their day, their days are long gone. I still have a magellaen meridian gold which is a rood gps but it does not have a USB port, you would have to buy an adapeter cable. $25.00 maybe for it. Forget the explorist 200. The e-trex H is also old techonology. Foprget Craigs list and get a new one with the factory warranty. Then go out and have some fun