Kathy's Coin Too - Heaven's The Place

drneal

Happy new year to all... and may the new year find the coins and reveal them!

I am wondering.. is that possible.. all the coins to be lost? I mean.. it is a big parcel right??

is there a possiblitity that they are delayed bacause of Christmas etc.. or they are stuck in customs?

I still have hopes for this coin... and I hope Santa will find them and bring them to you my friend!

i actually just communicated with the minter yesterday...the new samples should be ready next week..if approved, the coins should follow shortly. i had mentioned i would like the coins in hand for march 25. more info as it becomes available to me..thanks

ILYK

i actually just communicated with the minter yesterday...the new samples should be ready next week..if approved, the coins should follow shortly. i had mentioned i would like the coins in hand for march 25. more info as it becomes available to me..thanks

ILYK

Great News! I hope the samples are everything you have worked so hard to accomplish.

for those of you following the coin, i'm afraid i have more bad news to share.

i was notified yesterday by 2 friends here on the geocoin forum, that "Kathy's Coin Too" coin were being sold on e-bay (items 30087061360 and 7705135700.) as i have not received my coins, i am not the seller, nor are they being sold with my permission. i have contacted the police, an attorney, Groundspeak, and e-bay. i have also been in touch with the person that handled the minting of this version of the coin (4 layers and a couple of hard enamals that are the same color only in this minting.)

these coins are not the coins being minted for me by GxProxy...those coins had begun to be minted this week, and in fact i wish to thank GxProxy for her concern and ongoing support, along with Christian Mackey and Aura Design Group.

as such, i have asked that the project be put on hold until i receive more info from e-bay and the police. i'm sorry to say that at least at this point, the coin has lost its meaning and signifigance for me. i will report back to you as the police begin their investigation. for those that already sent trades or that are holding coins as trade, i apologize...quite frankly, i find no joy in the coin at this point. if can give me a couple of weeks to get my "stuff" together, i should be able to tell you if this coin will be minted or not...if i have other coins you would like in trade instead, let me know.

i'm not interested in sympthies or words of support at this time...i might ask for your outrage and support once this is all straightened out.

for now my usual final quote just seems out of place.

I want to inform everyone here what happened and to make sure you know that the coins being sold on eBay have tracking codes but the codes are being deactivated from the Groundspeak system.

250 of these coins were shipped via USPS. The shipment was lost in transit, but obviously a 40lbs package just doesn't disappear. At least part of the 250 coins were sold in a mixed lot at a USPS auction. The buyer then proceeded to put these on eBay. They are not stolen merchandise, however I have asked Groundspeak to deactivate the tracking code so they will be unusable.

It is unfortunate that shipments get lost from time to time when shipping merchandise.

Sounds like the USPS did their due diligence to find out where the shipment belonged before they sold it---NOT!!! And they wonder why some folks don't trust them!!!

You'd think that whomever bought the box at auction would have found paperwork for the rightful owner when they opened it. If it had been me, I'd have tried to contact the owner.

"Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you."

-unknown

SceneSide2d-3.jpgMemorialSide2bemail-1-1.jpg

first, the geocoin name...

Kathy once told her parents one of the reasons she married me was because i made her laugh! i'd like to believe the "Kathy's Coin Too" did just that, once more.

in my first post i promised a very personal geocoin...we all have our own visions of what heaven must be like...what makes it heaven...here's mine.

i'd like to start with the front of the coin.

upon first seeing the original artwork i had no doubt that the woman pictured beside me is an outline of Kathy, walking with me hand in hand. greeting us are all of our dogs; Logan jumping up on my leg, Heineken waiting to play, Maxx, tail wagging (of course,) and running to greet us, our very first dog, Brandy (yes, i consider Heineken and Maxx to be Kathy's dogs too.) if you look carefully to the right of the coin, you'll see a rainbow..the rainbow bridge.

"just this side of heaven is a place called rainbow bridge. when an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the rainbow bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. there is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

all of the animals that are ill and old are restored to health and vigor. those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. the animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

they all run and play together, but the day comes when one stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body quivers. suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

you have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. the happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

then you cross the rainbow bridge together."

-William N.Britton

on the back of the coin, the quote i based this coin upon, and a quiet sunset. i took the actual photograph standing beside Kathy's resting place...perhaps just a little bit of her input into the coin.

i'd like to dedicate the geocoin to Kathy, Brandy, Logan. Heineken, and Maxx, and to all members of the geocoin forum waiting to be reunited with their family and pets.

a final note to Kathy, seven eight years is much too long.

ILYK

As I am not every day reading the forum posts I felt this morning to do so and came across this one here.

It is such a wonderful coin and the meaning behind it touches me this morning very much.

I hope someday you will bring it to life and due to the problems as I read I hope it turn out well.

My fingers are crossed and my thoughts are with you.

i was at least able to verify the coins were purchased in an auction. i will be contacting the USPS to see if the shipping box still exists, to determine why the coins were not delivered...don't be too quick to blame the post office.