Kathy's Coin Too - Heaven's The Place

drneal

an old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gait in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy, woody areas, just what a huntin' dog and man would like, but it had a sign saying "no trespassing" so they walked on.

they came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "welcome to heaven" he said. the old man was happy and started in with his dog following him.

the gatekeeper stopped him. "dogs aren't allowed, i'm sorry but he can't come with you." "what kind of heaven won't allow dogs? if he can't come in, then i will stay out with him. he's been my faithful companion all his life, i can't desert him now."

"suit yourself, but i have to warn you, the devil's on this road, and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but the dog can't go there either. if you won't leave the dog, you'll spend eternity on this road" so the old man and dog went on.

they came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. another old man was inside. "scuse me sir, my dog and i are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?" "of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. make yourselves comfortorable." "you're sure my dog can come in?" "would you come in if you had to leave the dog?" "no sir, that's why i didn't go to heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in. we'll be spending eternity here on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be might fine right about now, but i won't come in if my buddy here can't come in too, and that's final."

the man smiled a big smile and siad "welcome to heaven."

"you mean this is heaven? dogs are allowed? how come that fellow down the road said they weren't?" "that was the devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. they soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late. the dogs come here, the fickle people stay there.

God wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from heaven. after all, he created them to be man's companion in life, why would he separate them in death?"

author - Earl Hamner

The Twilight Zone

SceneSide2d-1.jpg

ILYK

final quote tomorrow

"Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you."

-unknown

SceneSide2d-3.jpgMemorialSide2bemail-1-1.jpg

first, the geocoin name...

Kathy once told her parents one of the reasons she married me was because i made her laugh! i'd like to believe the "Kathy's Coin Too" did just that, once more.

in my first post i promised a very personal geocoin...we all have our own visions of what heaven must be like...what makes it heaven...here's mine.

i'd like to start with the front of the coin.

upon first seeing the original artwork i had no doubt that the woman pictured beside me is an outline of Kathy, walking with me hand in hand. greeting us are all of our dogs; Logan jumping up on my leg, Heineken waiting to play, Maxx, tail wagging (of course,) and running to greet us, our very first dog, Brandy (yes, i consider Heineken and Maxx to be Kathy's dogs too.) if you look carefully to the right of the coin, you'll see a rainbow..the rainbow bridge.

"just this side of heaven is a place called rainbow bridge. when an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the rainbow bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. there is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

all of the animals that are ill and old are restored to health and vigor. those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. the animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

they all run and play together, but the day comes when one stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body quivers. suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

you have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. the happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

then you cross the rainbow bridge together."

-William N.Britton

on the back of the coin, the quote i based this coin upon, and a quiet sunset. i took the actual photograph standing beside Kathy's resting place...perhaps just a little bit of her input into the coin.

i'd like to dedicate the geocoin to Kathy, Brandy, Logan. Heineken, and Maxx, and to all members of the geocoin forum waiting to be reunited with their family and pets.

a final note to Kathy, seven years is much too long.

ILYK

Very Beautiful! I currently have 15 dogs & many fine felines waiting at Rainbow Bridge, so I hope the grass is soft to land on when they all come running for me! It will be a great day when we are all reunited:

Jock

Sissy

Tabitha

Nikki

Lady

(Auld Lang) Syne

Vixen

Muffin

Beau

Sandy

Sheba

Claude

Scout

Pearl

Jed

Neal, I posted on your facebook, but I had to post here as well. Immediately when I saw the coin, I started crying. Reading the story, I could gather much of it just from the thought, care and obvious love that went into the coin, but there were details I missed that made me cry even more.

This coin is so beautiful, and thoughtful, and I never thought there would be a "tear-jerker" coin, but you have managed to do just that.

This isn't just a geocoin, it is a touching piece of art, and is the most beautiful coin I have ever seen. I hope I can find something you would be willing to trade for, because I would love to have one of these coins as a reminder of what I hope lies ahead.

I hope I have something worthy of trade for such a wonderful piece! I teared up a bit when I read your story; I, too, look forward to the day I will reunite with the family, friends, and companions who have passed before me. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your story! This beautiful piece of art certainly touches the hearts of those of us here in the geocoin community.

I'm sure Kathy would be very happy with this beautiful coin. Like I wrote on FB, you are a very nice and caring human being and you realy outdoned yourself with this meaningful coin. We are honored to have you in this forum and we really appreciate the fact that you share with us those deep feelings of love.

You made me cry which is quite easy when I imagine my furry friends Moustache, Princesse, Fanny and Judd waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. It will be quite a reunion when it will happen :wub:

Should I be lucky to get this coin, it will be a keeper for life and will have a special place to stand so I can see it everyday to remind me of the relationship we share with our four legged companions :)

Good job on a very special and precious coin!!!

What a moving tribute! I love the Rainbow Bridge story- I was given a sheet with it on it by the vet who put my first cat to sleep and I've had it framed in my house ever since. I always share it with anyone who's lost a pet. And to combine that with your obvious love for Kathy is amazing and done in such a beautiful way. I hope to be able to acquire one of the coins, although I don't have anything nearly worthy enough to offer in trade I don't believe.

I'm glad I came onto the forums this morning. You only posted the picture on FB but I enjoyed reading your coin explanation as well. The details and colours are amazing Neal. My eyes are dripping and my heart has a fuzzy. :wub:

I have two pups waiting for me, Snoopy and Ginger. Snoop was a mutt but mostly husky with those gorgeous blue eyes and Ginger was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. She is the dog by which I compare all other dogs.

Of course I've still got Louis and Duchess. Think I'll go give them a cuddle now.

for those who have sent e-mails and requests, you have my thanks and apologies for not replying yesterday...yesterday had other signifigance to me, and let me please leave it at that. Your very kind comments are appreciated.

i will post when i have the coins in hand...like the first Kathy's Coin, you'll find i'm not too hard to trade with, or at least as far as these coins are concerned. i will do my best to see that those who frequent this forum that wish to trade for one, will get one.

i saved one surprise that will appear on the coin (maybe 2.)

ILYK

The coin and story made me remember lots of nice moments I had with the pets I had and the woman I loved. I would feel privileged if I would be able to make a trade for one of these lovely coins. Great design and the story is beautifull told. My sincere compliments.

Do you want to wait to make trade offers until you have the coins in hand, or do you want a pm now? I really want to be sure I can trade for this wonderful coin!

i would like to have coins in hand for trading...i think imentioned once before that regulars on the geocoin forum won't have much of a problem trading for a Kathy's Coin if they would like one.

ILYK

I heart my first Kathy Coin, this one with the dogs is very precious. Great Job Neal:) We miss our few dogs as pets that have gone to heaven, There is not one that we dont think of each and every day. Kathy would be proud to see this geocoin. Hope all is well and Keep On Caching My Friend!

i checked up on the coins today...if all is well, they will be in the hands of the minter 5-14 and I'll hopefully have them for the asp geobash !

ILYK

Doc - You will have to come visit me in Orlando in October with one!! :rolleyes::D

Edited by keewee
e0bb198c-4956-4704-81a2-40a7221c7fd5.jpgSo happy to see this one progressing and can't wait to see the coin. We lost our 15-year-old four-legged family member last Friday, so I totally broke down reading this thread again. It never gets easier. Her real name was Smudge, but we always called her Doofus 'cause she was the sweetest, dumbest dog we ever had. Got her when she was 5-weeks-old, so there is a big hole in my heart right now. Thanks for the wonderful coin. Edited by steben6

e0bb198c-4956-4704-81a2-40a7221c7fd5.jpgSo happy to see this one progressing and can't wait to see the coin. We lost our 15-year-old four-legged family member last Friday, so I totally broke down reading this thread again. It never gets easier. Her real name was Smudge, but we always called her Doofus 'cause she was the sweetest, dumbest dog we ever had. Got her when she was 5-weeks-old, so there is a big hole in my heart right now. Thanks for the wonderful coin.

So sorry for your loss :( Our pets do become a member of the family and when they are gone it does hurt.

e0bb198c-4956-4704-81a2-40a7221c7fd5.jpgSo happy to see this one progressing and can't wait to see the coin. We lost our 15-year-old four-legged family member last Friday, so I totally broke down reading this thread again. It never gets easier. Her real name was Smudge, but we always called her Doofus 'cause she was the sweetest, dumbest dog we ever had. Got her when she was 5-weeks-old, so there is a big hole in my heart right now. Thanks for the wonderful coin.

Sorry for your loss, I know how you feel having been there before :( Those pets are so precious to us, I wish they would be with us forever but unfortunately it's not the case. My thoughts are with you :wub:

i wish i had better to report, but there were some concerns with the geocoins i received, and they are now being reminted,and hopefully will be received in the next 2-3 weeks. i'll post again when they are received. error coins will be included with any trades.

it was my hope to initially make the coins available at the opening of Kathy's memorial dog park, but there was a problem with the city's finances when a property became available, so they were unable at that time to accept the donation of the property...the search continues. i did pick this up over the weekend for the dog park...possibly a geocache container, definitely a place for the dogs to "go" when the park comes to be.

SANY0321.jpg

ILYK