Kathy's Coin Too - Heaven's The Place

drneal

*hugs*.......Can't wait to see. :)

Just curious, are you going to show us any of the early stuff? Or do we just have to wait for the final product?

final product...i want this to be right first...side one, almost completed

ILYK

edited to add, coin will be trackable, with icon

Edited by drneal

drneal, is your seeking list up to date?

i need to look, but like the orginal Kathy's Coin, for those who frequent the geocoin forum, i'll not be too worried about what i already have, and don't have...never too many traders, and i'd like those that want one, to get one

ILYK

I would love to get one of these to sit in my binder next to the first Kathy's Coin. Unfortunately, I no longer have any unactivated coins. :( I've had to sell them all, and most of the rest of my collection. But, the Kathy's Coin will be one that I never sell.

Whatever the coin looks like, I'm sure it'll be another beauty, just like the first!

I'm in the same boat as many people these days. I never got the chance to get one of your first coins but would love to have such a special coin as you are making in my collection but with no traders and no money, I will have to admire them from afar untill better days :)

i need to look, but like the orginal Kathy's Coin, for those who frequent the geocoin forum, i'll not be too worried about what i already have, and don't have...never too many traders, and i'd like those that want one, to get one

ILYK

There was about to be a flurry of minting new coins just to have something to trade!

ILYK

There was about to be a flurry of minting new coins just to have something to trade!

artwork is finished..my thanks to chris mackey for his patience and help...the whole process went much more easily than i ever would have expected.

ILYK

edited to add, i hope to have the coin produced in 2 metals for trades, and perhaps what i referred to, as a buck naked ae version (2 coins only...1 for me, the other to be sold at the e-place to benefit the elk county humane society...Kathy's favorite animal rescue.)

Edited by drneal

And I'll third it! Hope I can come up with some enticing traders for you to choose from, in exchange for this coin... :)

I'll second that quote.

I'm really looking forward to this coin. 4 more days...

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when i die i want to go where they went."

Will Rogers

march 25, i will post the first pictures of my new coin

ILYK

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when i die i want to go where they went."

Will Rogers

march 25, i will post the first pictures of my new coin

ILYK

Can't wait! I, too, hope I have something you want to trade (that's tough to do!). I love my Kathy's Coin.

"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."

James Thurber

a few posts back i mentioned that there would be 2 artist edition coins, one that i would keep, one that would be auctioned off on e-bay.

i have been fortunate to find many friends, and spend many hours being entertained by the posts on this forum, hours that would otherwise have been lonely. as such, i plan to have made a third ae, to be given away in the form of a cointest here on the geocoin forum as a thank you. i have no specific plans as to what sort of cointest i will run, but hope to have something in mind by the time the coins are in production.

ILYK
Edited by drneal

do dogs go to heaven?

responding to a dying old womans' inquiry James Herriot, the late british author/verterinarian noted:

"if having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. you've got nothing to worry about there."

he goes on to note regarding animals joining their masters in the afterlife:

"I do believe it. with all my heart i believe it."

James Herriot "dog stories"

chapter the card over the bed.

ILYK
Edited by drneal

an old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gait in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy, woody areas, just what a huntin' dog and man would like, but it had a sign saying "no trespassing" so they walked on.

they came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "welcome to heaven" he said. the old man was happy and started in with his dog following him.

the gatekeeper stopped him. "dogs aren't allowed, i'm sorry but he can't come with you." "what kind of heaven won't allow dogs? if he can't come in, then i will stay out with him. he's been my faithful companion all his life, i can't desert him now."

"suit yourself, but i have to warn you, the devil's on this road, and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but the dog can't go there either. if you won't leave the dog, you'll spend eternity on this road" so the old man and dog went on.

they came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. another old man was inside. "scuse me sir, my dog and i are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?" "of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. make yourselves comfortorable." "you're sure my dog can come in?" "would you come in if you had to leave the dog?" "no sir, that's why i didn't go to heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in. we'll be spending eternity here on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be might fine right about now, but i won't come in if my buddy here can't come in too, and that's final."

the man smiled a big smile and siad "welcome to heaven."

"you mean this is heaven? dogs are allowed? how come that fellow down the road said they weren't?" "that was the devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. they soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late. the dogs come here, the fickle people stay there.

God wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from heaven. after all, he created them to be man's companion in life, why would he separate them in death?"

author - Earl Hamner

The Twilight Zone

SceneSide2d-1.jpg

ILYK