COMPLETED - [BUG] Favorites

Jackie and Bob

I tried several times this evening to give a cache a favorite point. I click on the add to favorites button. It increments the count by one. Then I went to another cache page and came back and the favorite point was gone. And it was back in my inventory like I never gave the point away. I tried doing it again. Again it updated. This time I just refreshed the page and again it took it away.

I'm wondering if there could be something on the cache page that is breaking the JavaScript in the widget. What cache was it you were trying to add to Favorites? Can you test with another cache and see if it is a problem there, too? If so, what browser and version are you using? Can you clear out your browser cache and try again?

I'm wondering if there could be something on the cache page that is breaking the JavaScript in the widget. What cache was it you were trying to add to Favorites? Can you test with another cache and see if it is a problem there, too? If so, what browser and version are you using? Can you clear out your browser cache and try again?

The same thing is happening to me. I am not being awarded favorite points every ten logs and also if I remove a favorite point from a cache the count is shown but when I refresh the point is missing and not returned to my inventory. I use IE 8, ver. 8.0.3001.18702. This just began a few days ago.

I'm not sure about my count increasing or not. Like the last poster. I wasn't paying attention to that. I have tried two different caches even though one of them I didn't really want to add a favorite point to it. Both work the same way one is a mystery the other a Traditional. The mystery is the one I'm interested in. GC36676. I have gone back and tried again after Moun10Bike's reply. Same results. In fact I just shut down the browser and restarted it and tried again for the 5th time. Same results.

I am using Firefox 9.01.

I just noticed one related problem with this. If you click on the favorite button right from the page that comes back when you enter your found it, it says that you favorited it, but if you go to the cache page and refresh the screen it isn't favorited. I noticed this after logging several other caches that my favorite count was one to high. So I went back and checked. Sure enough the one that I had favorited was no longer favorited.

Olddffart, your thread makes no mention of this being an issue on the View Cache Log page, which is where the problem Jackie and Bob reported is occurring. Is this also the same spot where you encounter the issue?

Sorry - same problem, different location. Although I'm not seeing any place on the "View Geocache Log" page where there is any mention of Favorite Points.

I just tried to give a favorite to GC3ARWX from the Cache Page and it reverted back again after a reload.