Using Tom Tom for cache alert

tibbermore

I use a Garmin Oregon 450 for caching and I have a rarely-used Tom Tom One for vehicle use. I use GSAK to download PQs from Geocaching.com to my PC and from there to the Garmin. From what I have read in forums and cache logs it would appear that it is possible to load information re cache locations into the Tom Tom and receive an alert from the device re a nearby cache while driving. So far I have failed to load cache locations into the Tom Tom from GSAK. Any advice on 1. whether this is possible and 2. if so how to do it (in simple terms preferably!) would be much appreciated. Thanks.

tibbermore

Big Wolf macro for GSAK is very nice!

Some time ago TomTom decided to stop user added POI's from having a proximity alert...

Belived to be in an effort to make you buy their own speed camera POI's.

They have retracted the 'modification' and user added POI's can be used with proximity alerts.

BUT if your device has the older software, that won't allow alerts, try updating it.

Thanks for the replies and advice. I've downloaded the TomTom macro and emailed Snaik. As far as I am aware my device has the up-to-date software, and user added POIs can be installed - it's most likely my incompetence that has got in the way of progress :(

tibbermore

I've been a bit slow in implementing the advice received however I have now loaded the caches from GSAK into the Tom Tom using the Big Wolf macro. Caches now appear on the Tom Tom screen where expected but no audible alert sounds despite all relevant choices having been made (as far as I can see). Re Bear and Ragged's advice re updating, I use Tom Tom Home to update the device and it advises that the device is up to date. Any further advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tibbermore