Cool feature suggestion

willp

Wouldn't it be neat if you could access this site via mobile web (WAP enabled). Just think you are driving some place and didn't have time to prep for geocaching locations before the trip. Or if you run out of caches early in the day.... Just jump on your phone and go to www.geocaching.com type in the zip and get new coords and read the description. Away you go off to discover the next cache!

Will

I wish the WAP site let you enter your coordinates. If you are caching away from home you aren't likely to know what zip code you are in.

Also I have noticed that it only returns a few caches instead of giving you the option to display more screens. So far I have been in 3 situations where I needed to look up cache info from the field, and in all three I was unable to retrieve the info I needed due to these limitations. icon_frown.gif

I wish the WAP site let you enter your coordinates. If you are caching away from home you aren't likely to know what zip code you are in.

Also I have noticed that it only returns a few caches instead of giving you the option to display more screens. So far I have been in 3 situations where I needed to look up cache info from the field, and in all three I was unable to retrieve the info I needed due to these limitations. icon_frown.gif

The zipcode search worked for me. But when I choose a cache, and clicked to get more info, all it gave me was the coords. If it would give me the full text description that would be excellent!

I have a bad habit of just downloading the coords to the closest 30 or so caches to me. I take printouts of some of the more interesting ones. When I'm out and have some time, I like to switch on the GPS and see what's close to me. If I could fire up the WAP and get the details that would be superific!

Hey Jeremy, as a paying member, can I request certain new features be given higher priority? This would be my vote icon_biggrin.gif

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

The zipcode search worked for me. But when I choose a cache, and clicked to get more info, all it gave me was the coords. If it would give me the full text description that would be excellent!

I have a bad habit of just downloading the coords to the closest 30 or so caches to me. I take printouts of some of the more interesting ones. When I'm out and have some time, I like to switch on the GPS and see what's close to me. If I could fire up the WAP and get the details that would be superific!

Hey Jeremy, as a paying member, can I request certain new features be given higher priority? This would be my vote icon_biggrin.gif

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

I travel with both my WAP enabled cell phone and my wireless enabled (through sprintpcs) iPAQ. I find that I often need more help/clues so I hop online and use Pocket Explorer to find the additional information I need - but because the site isn't designed for such a small screen it loads slowly and scrolls poorly.

So I'd encourage WAP and also a scaled down version of the site for my handheld.

I know that some of thise will be addressed with the ebook formats coming out that I don't completely understand.

Thanks for listening!

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

I get the whole site, zips, coords, descriptions, hints, and all, on my Kyocera 6035 running Blazer through Verizon. Have used it from cache sites on several occasions to re-read descriptions and decrypt hints. It's another option, for those of us that can't go anywhere without being wired in. icon_wink.gif

kyocaching.jpg

---------------------------------------

Friends don't let friends NOT geocache.

I get the whole site, zips, coords, descriptions, hints, and all, on my Kyocera 6035 running Blazer through Verizon. Have used it from cache sites on several occasions to re-read descriptions and decrypt hints. It's another option, for those of us that can't go anywhere without being wired in. icon_wink.gif

kyocaching.jpg

Friends don't let friends NOT geocache.

I tried UNI (for United Kingdom) but got a timeout error. Tried ENG (for England) and got a few caches in London plus Colorado, US and some others. Same for SCO (Scotland)

Any idea how I can find caches in a particular part of the UK?

County or at a pinch co-ordinates would be nice.

I use a Sony Clie PDA that uses a memory stick.

I have a 32Meg stick just for geocaching.

I rip the text from the site page and paste it to my Clie's memory stick. (the stick shows up as a removable disk on my desktop) I can scan the geocaching page every 30 days and grab the new sites.

I go out about fifty miles and have maybe a hundred logged in to the PDA. I use a Garmin V and have all the coords input into the machine.

Once I find a cache I can "find Nearest" and if I am not preped real well, I pull out the Clie and read the text of the page. I usually hit the "cheat" button before I copy the text so that I have that info as well.

Don't need to worry about cell/web service or connections -Argyle