My cache count is dropping

Trofeo

A person in my area recently removed his caches and deleted all the logs on his cache pages. I had found all four of the caches and after the person deleted all of the logs, my number of caches found has dropped by four. To me, it's not about having hundreds of finds to your names but instead about enjoying the outdoors, getting some exercise and having fun, but it is still annoying having found them and getting a find, then to have it taken away because someone had a temper tantrum and deleted the logs. When a cache is archived, the finders still have a find to their credit but when the cache page is erased by the owner all those people who found the cache get shafted. Is there some way to protect against this in the future? Any opinions, thoughts or comments welcomed.

According to this post (froma Groundspeak admin) all the logs were returned. I looked and I didn't see them though. Maybe this will be worked out in the near future.

quote:
Originally posted by Hydee:

The deleted logs have be returned to the cache pages.

Rex,

I will ask you nicely; please do not delete legitimate finds. The caches are currently archived and since you have deleted all of the details from the cache page they will remain archived. The geocachers that found your caches deserve credit for the find, so we have restored the logs.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================