Geocaches gone GPX files are still in folder?

BabsnKent

Try renaming the gpx files. This should force the unit to reload them. I typically use a unique file name every time I place a gpx file on my Etrex 20, and before on my Dakota 20.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

It worked...Thanks again!

Edited by BabsnKent

It's a good idea to place your gpx files on the sd card instead of the main unit, for precisely the reason that oregon's have a tendency to flake out once in a while and "lose" all the gpx files. Then if this happens while you're out and about geocaching, the procedure is: power off unit. Pull batteries, remove the sd card. Replace batteries BUT NOT the sd card; restart. Once it's completely running again, power off. Replace the sd card and restart. It'll reload all your gpx files and geocaches.

Each time that I generate a GPX file with GSAk I usually name it like this: MMDDYYYY.gpx. This way it is always unique (unless I do 2 customer GPX files in one day for some reason). So for today, January 18th 2012 I'd call a file 01182012.gpx. This has never failed me as far as getting my GPSr to load the file. I used to always call it caches.gpx, but it was hit or miss as to whether it would load or not.