geocache function

i know i am missing something - but before i was a premium member i used to load the caches manually to my garmin gps map62s as way points - and then after completing them remove them in garmin basemap.. or delete them from the gps manually.

how the devil do i do this now i am a premium member and the caches are loading under the geocache function of the 62s - they don't even show up on the basemap - and i cant seem to find a delete menu in the gps?

so i mastered how to get the caches on there using gsak - but how do i register those i have done and then remove them from the gps?

its going to be a simple answer but i darned if i can find it so far

cheers

so i mastered how to get the caches on there using gsak - but how do i register those i have done and then remove them from the gps?

You can't exactly remove them (not like you could with waypoints). What you can do is send the caches from GSAK to your GPSr again, omitting your found caches. Depending on how you're using GSAK, there's a couple of ways you'd do this:

1. If you keep your finds in the same database as your unfounds, you'll need to filter for your unfounds before sending them to the GPSr.

2. If you keep your finds in a separate database than your unfounds, then all you need to do is send the unfound database to your GPSr.

In both cases, if you keep the same file name as previously used (Geocaches.gpx by default), it will overwrite the file on the GPSr, and it will no longer contain your finds.

The easiest way to add and remove caches from that unit is to connect it to your computer by usb. Your computer will recognize it as a removable drive, so open it up and look for a folder called "Garmin". There should be another folder in there named "Gpx". You can simply drag and drop gpx files here to add them to your unit, or delete them to remove it. You don't need any special programs this way and makes it easier in ky opinion.

1) Create PQ on www.geocaching.com/pocket

2) Download PQ either from the same page or via the email you provided in the generation of the PQ.

3) Plug you GPSr into your computer (it should then mout itself as a USB hard drive).

4) Drag and drop your gpx file (unzipped of course) into the Garmin/gpx folder on either your memory card or the device memory.

That should help you.

oh look i just found another way to get rid of all those geocaches from the geocache function... simply open the gps as a drive - in the case of the garmin - go to the garmin directory - geocache dir, and then delete the appropriately named gpx file ( in this case it was 2222 caches in an 11mb file... solved):-)