how to install maps on gps montana 650

Do you mean map tiles or maps? Seems the OP has problems installing 2 maps at once?

You can select as many mapsets (products) and tiles as will fit in 4GB, and under 3000 tiles. They can go as a single gmapsupp.img, but it's more convenient to send a single mapset at a time and rename, as you describe above because big mapsets take longer to compile into a single gmapsupp.img, and when one changes they all need to be recompiled.

I also found that using basecamp if I installed all the maps at once.....you could not turn off and on specific maps depending on if they were transparent etc...... For Instance - installed 3 maps at once (Streeet, Trails, and Topo) and it was only seen as one full map and I could not turn off Topo and leave streets on etc.....so separately was the only way to go...

I just instaled city nav on gps then I instaled topo on sd card and now all is good ,ican turn individual map on or off great thanks for all the help, oh when i tried installing maps individual all in gps it got rid of first map,so by installing topo on sd card and installing city nav on gps all is good ,thanks again

Edited by Don & carole