12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

So I won't be able to make it to any event this year, but I do want like one coin.. I really don't care from which event. Would love one that is mostly blues and silvers (anyone do one like that?) or mostly red, which I've seen a few events.

PLEASE if you have an extra and would be nice to a coiner who has had his schedule go completely crazy since last summer, please let me know.

Ash

We're exactly one month before the event and I would love to know how it is going on with the schedule. Is the shipping getting started?

Our event is already fully booked (which surprised me to no end!) and that's a whole lot of people I don't want to let down. There won't be many left-over coins this year :)

Yes agreed 100%! :antenna: some information would be appreciated at this stage, previous queries have gone unanswered. Time to step up and inform those who have paid money for this project. :tired:

I was told by Michael at the Going Caching Mega Event this weekend that half of the coins are being shipped from the mint on 11/14 and the rest on 11/17.

Whoo Hoo! :D !!!!!!!

Yay!!! I hope they post pictures of all the coins soon too!! Love that part! Seeing the artwork is nice but seeing the actual coins is better. :D

CF30

I agree. I want to see all the pics!!!

I was told by Michael at the Going Caching Mega Event this weekend that half of the coins are being shipped from the mint on 11/14 and the rest on 11/17.

I can't share the enthusiasm. Especially on behalf of international hosts. Which coins are shipping on the 14th and which coins are shipping on the 17th.

Are the international coins in the first batch? Just a little information would be helpful to international hosts who may face other delivery delays due to shipping and customs.

Instead of just sharing the news with selected people at events how about sharing it with all the participants.

He didn't share the info, I specifically asked him when the coins were coming.

I'm sure, just like all past years, the international orders are in the early shipment - unless they were late event additions. I know that Germany's coins are shipping direct from the mint to Germany. I don't know about any of the others.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Did anyone else notice that this coin is NOT getting a custom icon?!!! :mad:

Instead, each edition is getting its own entry with the 'event' icon.

I don't recall this EVER being brought up in the discussion of this coin.

That better not be the case...the 12/12/12 website clearly states under the coin specifications that it will have a custom icon.

Edited by DresselDragons

Sometimes it takes a while for an icon.

<contents of this post referring to a completely different sale have been removed, to avoid confusion with the sale at hand. All sales get their own thread, if trackable on geocaching.com. - moderator edit>

Go to the party in style.

Edited by Eartha
Remove unrelated sale post

That better not be the case...the 12/12/12 website clearly states under the coin specifications that it will have a custom icon.

Hey Mark

You should bring this to Michael's attention so we can get it fixed.

Hey Mark

Michael really should hit the "watch thread" button for this topic and be in here on a daily basis putting out spot fires and answering queries as they happen...

I really think we need some like buttons on some of these posts.

It does say it will have a custom icon, so it may be a little late coming up but it will have one I am sure. Every other one has had one.

My only fear at this point is whether or not they will make it on time for events, especially overseas. I recently sent something overseas and it took more than a month to get there.

Hey Mark

Michael really should hit the "watch thread" button for this topic and be in here on a daily basis putting out spot fires and answering queries as they happen...

People gotta calm down and relax. Michael has been away at a Mega Event doing his job. He gets back today. I pinged him on the icon, it should be unique and is a very easy problem to fix. Like every other multi event international orders go out first (11/14) and domestic orders go out (11/17).

That is NOT good!!!!

I just looked at the icon that is posted and I guess it is good for the icon "hos" since each one has a different designation. You activate a complete set and you have 60+ more icons LOL......

Edited by LadyBee4T

Hey Mark

People gotta calm down and relax. Michael has been away at a Mega Event doing his job. He gets back today. I pinged him on the icon, it should be unique and is a very easy problem to fix. Like every other multi event international orders go out first (11/14) and domestic orders go out (11/17).

Thanks Mark! There have been times when it is not been loaded until after the event, so I was not worried about the icon. :D Hopefully, we can see some coin pictures soon...not that it matters for my event...all coins are reserved already.

Just saw in the Groundspeak email that there will be a special 12/12/12 souvenir...sweet!

Invoice recieved and paid. Please coins, come quick!!!!!

Coins were supposedly shipped today.

I hope that means they get delivered early enough domestically that I have time to inspect mine before they go to the event. I recently got a batch of coins that about 30% were badly filled, mis colored or etc.

Invoice recieved and paid. Please coins, come quick!!!!!

Coins were supposedly shipped today.

I hope that means they get delivered early enough domestically that I have time to inspect mine before they go to the event. I recently got a batch of coins that about 30% were badly filled, mis colored or etc.

Did anyone get tracking info?

I believe the International orders were to ship today, I did get a message from Michael that mine would be, no tracking number though & if they were shipped by USPS there wouldn't be.

Front views:

1ff8427e-dadc-414c-8de1-b8d09fb56a38.jpg

Back views:

b1161c8c-beb6-444b-9f91-3f5c6db28f6d.jpg

3 Editions have arrived in Germany!

Due to mint connections they have been shipped directly.

The Coins are gorgeous and I love them !!!

Great job to Mark and Michael for bringing such a huge Multi group again "under one hat" (sorry for my german expression) !!!!

The demand in the past was low and I thought I had too much for german events.

Due to, I was the only one who decided so early to take part.

Due to my mailings a lot of cachers decided finally to host events that wednesday and reserved most of the available coins.

Now due to the last newsletter the last quarter of the coins are now gone as well.

Now, they are ALL reserved and nearly 20 events will have at least 1 or 2 of the 3 editions for their events with small numbers.

Here are the Germany editions:

Germany Cologne mint 200

Germany Maya mint 380

Germany Pink mint 200

seems the german cologne edition will be the nicest. :D

Thanks Torsten,

but there are soooo many nice mint pictures that I am really, really waiting for the "live" pictures of those.

Hmmm... dry.gif

What mint pictures? I do not recall seeing any posted here.dry.gif

CF30

I thought the same CF but then I twigged it meant the Mint artwork, Mint pictures would have been nice as in previous years. Something for the punters to get excited about. :tired:

Thanks Torsten,

but there are soooo many nice mint pictures that I am really, really waiting for the "live" pictures of those.

Hmmm... dry.gif

CF30

What I ment were the designs which were posted on several pages before they were going to the mint.

Thanks Torsten,

Hmmm... dry.gif

CF30

What I ment were the designs which were posted on several pages before they were going to the mint.

Oh, Ok. :)

CF30