12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

I am confused...is the pricing currently on the website accurate?

There was a slight adjustment on the cost of the coin. I'll change it on the sheet to eliminate confusion.

Thank-you...I was late in getting into the recent discussion, and had assumed that it had already been updated on the website.

Thank you for your understanding.

There was a slight adjustment on the cost of the coin. I'll change it on the sheet to eliminate confusion.

Ok...just looked at the website and the price was removed and replaced with a statement that "New adjusted costs will be email for each specific design" I thought that the new price would be listed, not the old one removed. How can we properly plan for our events if we do not have a rough idea how much it will cost?

Ok...just looked at the website and the price was removed and replaced with a statement that "New adjusted costs will be email for each specific design" I thought that the new price would be listed, not the old one removed. How can we properly plan for our events if we do not have a rough idea how much it will cost?

Did you not get an estimated price per coin with the blueprint you needed to approve? Just asking because I did.

CF30

Did you not get an estimated price per coin with the blueprint you needed to approve? Just asking because I did.

CF30

Don't remember there being a cost estimate with my blueprint...guess I should check...LOL

CF30

Don't remember there being a cost estimate with my blueprint...guess I should check...LOL

No, I did not...just a note asking me to approve the artwork.

CF30

No, I did not...just a note asking me to approve the artwork.

Got it now...shocked at the increase...def. not what I would consider "slight" <_<

I have to agree, with the increase I need to drop mine down to 50 and have Oakcoins purchase the rest.

Better would be because of the screw up we could order 50 as a minimum with Oak Coins procuring none.

Also, I recently did a coin with 3D, multiple platings and hard enamel fill in 15 colors, 2"x 1.75"X 3mm and non symmetrically shaped for just slightly more than this...why is this one so expensive?

Edited by CCWelch

I have to agree, with the increase I need to drop mine down to 50 and have Oakcoins purchase the rest.

Better would be because of the screw up we could order 50 as a minimum with Oak Coins procuring none.

Also, I recently did a coin with 3D, multiple platings and hard enamel fill in 15 colors, 2"x 1.75"X 3mm and non symmetrically shaped for just slightly more than this...why is this one so expensive?

But if they let people order less, that would affect the price too. I know I have not been very good about following this thread, but I do not remember seeing a discussion about increasing the coin size. Given the choice, I would've been fine with keeping the smaller size and smaller price...esp. since it would match the size of the previous years' editions. I guess, since this is the final one, they wanted it to be special and made it bigger...which I probably would've been okay with, if the increase had not been so last minute. Oh well...what's done is done, I guess. My biggest problem (other than the cost issue) is the communication for this group project has been very poor. There should've been a private group email sent to everyone explaining what was going on...instead I had to learn about this here in the forums, since I was one of the people who did not get their email until yesterday. Not good.

I had issue with the pricing as well and said so privately. To be honest the pricing, whether a mistake or not, was put out there. The original structure should be honored not matter what or we should be allowed to purchase a smaller quantity with no buy backs. I would honestly prefer 50 coins total at the recently adjusted price.

Sorry Michael. It's just bad business.

Again I am sorry for the price increase. I am working with production to bringing the cost down. As requested, I have changed your Quantity to 50 and Oakcoins will purchase the rest.

I would like to thank everyone for being patient with me as I try to get all of these designs made to your preference. This is my first Multi Event, and I am learning a lot. With 56 Different Versions and many more people contacting me wanting to get in on the event, it has made this project larger then I what I had originally anticipated. However, I am confident that we will all have a happy successful 12-12-12 Multi Event. For those of you who have offered words of encouragement, I say "Thank You"

I am trying to work through everyone's concerns privately.

I had issue with the pricing as well and said so privately. To be honest the pricing, whether a mistake or not, was put out there. The original structure should be honored not matter what or we should be allowed to purchase a smaller quantity with no buy backs. I would honestly prefer 50 coins total at the recently adjusted price.

I have adjusted your coin amount to 50 coins as requested.

But I don't want geoswag having 25 no matter what. So if that's the case, I want all 75.

I would like to thank everyone for being patient with me as I try to get all of these designs made to your preference. This is my first Multi Event, and I am learning a lot. With 56 Different Versions and many more people contacting me wanting to get in on the event, it has made this project larger then I what I had originally anticipated. However, I am confident that we will all have a happy successful 12-12-12 Multi Event. For those of you who have offered words of encouragement, I say "Thank You"

I am trying to work through everyone's concerns privately.

I sent you an email.

But I don't want geoswag having 25 no matter what. So if that's the case, I want all 75.

Mare,

I am trying to work with you for your dissatisfaction on the price adjustment. You said "I would honestly prefer 50 coins total at the recently adjusted price." IF you want 50 coins then I will order 50 coins. IF you want 75 coins I will order you 75 coins. PLEASE let me know so that I can get this issue resolved.

Like Mare, I am not comfortable with my colors out there for sale, I like them to be specific to my event. Wit hthe price change, is it possible to bring the minimum down to 50 without Geoswag having to get the other 25? I see many are ordering well above the minimum and I know that the mint has no problems doing runs of 50 or less having made my own coins.

I guess, since this is the final one, they wanted it to be special and made it bigger...which I probably would've been okay with, if the increase had not been so last minute.

I had a couple people email me. The decision to go with a 2" coin was made over 2 months ago. If you notice the artwork coming back from the mint it says 2" on the side so I am not sure what happened with a price increase. I haven't seen any invoices yet. I (Oakcoins) used to mass email people the details or if any changes were happening, that might be a good measure moving forward with any group project.

Michael is working very hard on this project, it's a ton of coordination and scheduling and I appreciate all the hours he's put into it. Just need to smooth out some the details and kinks.

I guess, since this is the final one, they wanted it to be special and made it bigger...which I probably would've been okay with, if the increase had not been so last minute.

I had a couple people email me. The decision to go with a 2" coin was made over 2 months ago. If you notice the artwork coming back from the mint it says 2" on the side so I am not sure what happened with a price increase. I haven't seen any invoices yet. I (Oakcoins) used to mass email people the details or if any changes were happening, that might be a good measure moving forward with any group project.

Michael is working very hard on this project, it's a ton of coordination and scheduling and I appreciate all the hours he's put into it. Just need to smooth out some the details and kinks.

Yes it said 2" on the artwork on the google doc but it also said the pricing was for a 2" coin back then. It wasn't until the price per coin was given with my artwork that I realized that the price had increased significantly. Mistakes get made and I'm sure that Michael has put in a lot of hours but I'm with Marianne on this one.

Communication has to be better and the mass emails were a good idea and should be used in the future.

I think the biggest problem has been the lack of communication this time. In previous group projects, discussions were handled off the forums, primarily via email. It was a more effective way to let everyone know what's going on, get prompt responses from participants and did not clutter up the geocoin forums with discussions that really have nothing to do with anyone except the participants.

So have we stalled? Anyone have updated information.. :unsure:

I was sent the final "Please see attached artwork and Information for Final Approval. Once approved, an Invoice will be mailed to you along with a Payment Request through Google Checkout. Please reply with approval or with Corrections and include the following Information. " e-mail 8 days ago, then two days later while I was deciding on final numbers I got the 12-12-12 update e-mail saying there was some thing possibly in the works on the price "I will know by Friday if they are able to mint these at a lower price"

I know I'm a day ahead but it is Wednesday here already and only 2 days away from the adjusted payment deadline of the 12th and no word whats happening.

Info update please. Appreciating this is a large task but information flow is the key, things happening will be out of your hands, but letting participants know whats happening is not.

Cheers

So with all this discussion about price and how people's concerns are being dealt with privately... Are we all paying according to the same pricing structure or are those complaining getting a better price because they are complaining? I would definitely like to see some transparency in the pricing for each participant.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

So with all this discussion about price and how people's concerns are being dealt with privately... Are we all paying according to the same pricing structure or are those complaining getting a better price because they are complaining? I would definitely like to see some transparency in the pricing for each participant.

Everyone may have different prices anyway, depending on finish, number of colours, use of glow or glitter, etc. I'd just like to see what the new base price is. I see that there is NO pricing information on the Google site anymore. Not even the add-on prices for extra features.

I was quoted $7.23 per coin for 175 coins.

I think it actually might be the other way around. <_< I too would like the base price and prices for the "extras" such as glitter etc posted on the google doc for all of us to see. I don't see a reason not to do that.

I got two invoices, though they are for the same amount. I assumed it was because I asked to check out via paypal.

As for pricing, the first price sent to me was 0.35 more per coin than I anticipated based on the original info on the website. The price on today's invoice has decreased by 0.03 per coin, although the amount for shipping is more than I accounted for. (When I originally sent my info in I jotted down the price + shipping to get an idea of how many we need to sell to break even. I may have gotten the amount for shipping wrong; haven't checked the site to see if shipping info is there.) I agree with others that it would be nice to see the revised prices up on the site.

jrr

I got two invoices, though they are for the same amount. I assumed it was because I asked to check out via paypal.

As for pricing, the first price sent to me was 0.35 more per coin than I anticipated based on the original info on the website. The price on today's invoice has decreased by 0.03 per coin, although the amount for shipping is more than I accounted for. (When I originally sent my info in I jotted down the price + shipping to get an idea of how many we need to sell to break even. I may have gotten the amount for shipping wrong; haven't checked the site to see if shipping info is there.) I agree with others that it would be nice to see the revised prices up on the site.

jrr

The original shipping prices for US was $0.25 per coin with a minimum of $25. International was individual pricing.

I had no extras at all and am using shiny gold metal and my quote was $0.70 more per coin than I anticipated with the original pricing for 100 coins. I have not yet received an invoice.

No transparency at all, that's sad. We can't even verify the original info that was posted (now deleted) on the spreadsheet. There has been no discount between the first quote and the invoice, although it's been said they'd work in that way.

With only one extra (1 glow color on the backside) and 75 coins ordered, I have to pay $7.03 per coin and a whooping $0.94 shipping to Europe!

I'll have to add the customs taxes, which will be very high again, especially since the rate changed last year but I hope the senders will choose to use the simplified form. I expect to add roughly $0.7-$1 per coin for taxes.

Invoiced & Paid final tally $7.23/coin + .81 shipping. Now and I know this is no fault of Oakcoins but if I drove to Buffalo (3.5 hrs) and had a mailbox shipping would be greatly reduced to $25 I believe :huh: It must cost a lot to drive it over that border.

BTW no better if it went the other way.

Very nice! Which ones are those? The one looks like it is a Christmas version.

Not sure. I think the top one is Seattle though. The Christmas one is probably the Artist Edition.

If those tracking numbers are actually the order numbers like Chuck suggested then the top one is the Seattle, the next one is geoswag and the last one is AE Christmas.

I wish I had thought of the alternating colors like on the geoswag front version. I think that is awesome!

oooh, I want a christmas one. After reading all of the chaos with pricing, I think I'm glad that I didn't try to make my first coin purchase part of a large multi event. But I STILL want to get a coin like I have the last couple of years. There's a event somewhat near me this time, but it's a Wednesday and I teach school and this is the week right before finals. I won't be going anywhere. that day.