12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

HAPPY 12-13-12

!

I Hope everyone had a great event. From the sounds of it, it seems like everyone did. We had a great time at our two events. The Flash Mob was more then we had anticipated. We even had a Canadian stop in on his way through town. We are glad he was able to make it. The Evening event was great fun. Who can go wrong with Free Food?

We are all but out of Coins, so we hope the same is true for each one of you. If our phone ever stops ringing with requests for any versions available for 12-12-12 coins we will enjoy the peace and quite that follows a crazy fun exciting World Wide Multi Event. For Tomorrow the Question will be:

Who's ready for another?

Hum...Whereisit?

Not me...I am ready to host events when I want...not when the calendar aligns just so...LOL

We're out of years. :(

But we're not out of ideas. :ph34r:

I'd like to see some sort of Worldwide Multi Event in the mid September - early November window.

There's always International Talk Like A Pirate Day (Sept 19) shifty.gif

I was thinking of a Friday the 13th theme. There is at least one every year, but it is still fairly rare. And it would also avoid the problem of differing date formats between countries. Friday the 13th is Friday the 13th no matter where you are. :)

We had a couple of great events here on the Emerald Coast FL. One was held at a local Dart/Pool Establishment at 12am in the morning (Hosted by the Dart Crewe) and a more family orientated event (hosted by Gelugon) at a local restaurant at 6:30 pm. All of the cointests at the 12am event involved a dart board, sharp pointy objects and the number 12 while the 6:30 pm event had a Santa gift exchange with special prizes for children attending. We actually had as almost as many show up for the 12 am event as we did with one later in the day. All and all everyone had a great time!

We had limited the first event to one coin per person in order to make sure we had enough for the second event but most of the same people showed up for them both so we have a few extras available for trade. We will open up trading first to all of the event hosts who wish to trade coins (either their 12-12-12 version or another coin - please send trade lists in this case). This will be on a first come first trade basis -please email me through my profile-. A few of the coins will be put up on Ebay later to generate funds for the next coin event.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2012-11-28MultilEventGeocoin12-12-12EmeraldCoast.jpg

Edited by scificollector

My event was pretty laid back because it was held at the usual place and day of our monthly meet and greet. I did warn them ahead of time that they should expect a bigger than usual crowd. We filled the tables and had a great time chatting and eating. I can't believe that I actually forgot to take my camera! LOL It was also my mother's birthday yesterday so I called her up and put her on speakerphone and all the attendees sang Happy Birthday to her! I think she got a kick out of that. I may have a couple of extra coins left. I won't know until I get through my reservation list of those who couldn't attend any of the three events I was at yesterday.

All in all a very fun day!

Thanks to those who put in all the hard work to make it happen!

We had a couple of great events here on the Emerald Coast FL. One was held at a local Dart/Pool Establishment at 12am in the morning (Hosted by the Dart Crewe) and a more family orientated event (hosted by Gelugon) at a local restaurant at 6:30 pm. All of the cointests at the 12am event involved a dart board, sharp pointy objects and the number 12 while the 6:30 pm event had a Santa gift exchange with special prizes for children attending. We actually had as almost as many show up for the 12 am event as we did with one later in the day. All and all everyone had a great time!

We had limited the first event to one coin per person in order to make sure we had enough for the second event but most of the same people showed up for them both so we have a few extras available for trade. We will open up trading first to all of the event hosts who wish to trade coins (either their 12-12-12 version or another coin - please send trade lists in this case). This will be on a first come first trade -please email me through my profile-. A few of the coins will be put up on Ebay later to generate funds for the next coin event.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Sent you an email :)

Hello Geocoins collectors, traders, etc...

As you know i would like to get all versions of 12-12-12 Multi Event Geocoin.

If you can help me to get versions below, i'll be pleased.

I need these:

6N-03988 Honolulu, Hawaii (Satin Nickel)

6N-04004 Central Otario (Antique Gold)

6N-04008 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Shiny Gold)

6N-04018 Dunedin, New Zealand (Copper)

6N-04019 Perth, Western Australia (Gold)

6N-04024 Burlington, Ontario (Black Nickel)

6N-04031 Brookfield, Connecticut (Gold)

6N-04033 Las Vegas, Nevada (Nickel)

6N-04053 Space Coast, Florida (Black Nickel)

6N-04062 Geoswag, Pretty in Pink (Nickel)

6N-04082 North Texas (Satin Nickel)

I can to offer my version (South Bohemia, Czech Republic) and Pilsen for trade.

I'll to have Switzerland and The Netherlands for trade in a future.

I have some US versions for trade too.

Thanks for help.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Fun time was had here along the South Carolina Coast with cachers from Holden Beach, NC down to Georgetown, SC in attendance. I was expecting about a dozen more attendees than what we had, but our weather was miserable - windy, rainy and cold. We were at 74 Tuesday and it was 46 when I was driving to the event on Wednesday, yuck!

56059fd5-7312-4df3-ae52-41a2ffbd24c8.jpg

All coins are now gone. I was thankfully able to distribute some to the Charleston and Spartanburg events beforehand.

I have some coin left from my event here in Sweden and want to trade with any of these coins that I don't have.

12-12-12 Multi Event - Colorado

12-12-12 Multi Event - Artist Edition

12-12-12- Multi Event- Iowa

12-12-12 Multi Event - Rances

12-12-12 Multi Event - Auckland, New Zealand

12-12-12 Multi Event - the Netherlands

12-12-12 Multi Event - Fresno/Fredericksburg

12-12-12 Multi Event - Honolulu, HI

12-12-12 Multi Event - UK (Manchester)

12-12-12 Multi Event - Nova Scotia V1

12-12-12 Multi Event - Labrador

12-12-12 Multi Event - Central Ontario

12-12-12 Multi Event - Long Island, NY

12-12-12 Multi Event - SWPA/Pittsburgh

12-12-12 Multi Event - Czech Republic - Praha

12-12-12 Multi Event - Praha

12-12-12 Multi Event - Dunedin, Wellington, Invercargill

12-12-12 Multi Event - Perth, Western Australia

12-12-12 Multi Event - Burlington

12-12-12 Multi Event - Emerald Coast, Florida

12-12-12 Multi Event - Bakersfield

12-12-12 Multi Event - Guarda, Portugal

12-12-12 Multi Event - Scottland

12-12-12 Multi Event - Brookfield, CT

12-12-12 Multi Event - New Jersey

12-12-12 Multi Event - Las Vegas, NV

12-12-12 Multi Event - Koeln, Cologne, Germany 1

12-12-12 Multi Event - Koeln, Cologne, Germany 2

12-12-12 Multi Event - Koeln, Cologne, Germany 3

12-12-12 Multi Event - New York

12-12-12 Multi Event - Sacramento, CA

12-12-12 Multi Event - Spacecoast

12-12-12 Multi Event - GS Multi

12-12-12 Multi Event - Columbus, Georgia

12-12-12 Multi Event - Pink

12-12-12 Multi Event - Santa Cruz

12-12-12 Multi Event - Madeira Island, Portugal

12-12-12 Multi Event - ME

12-12-12 Multi-Event - Braga, Portugal

12-12-12 Multi Event - Madison MS

12-12-12 Multi Event - North Texas

Thanks

Oaklakers

We have about 6 or 7 of the regular/nickel edition left from the fresno/fredericksburg event. I'm more interested in selling them to help cover our event costs and because I decided not to try to get trades because then I'dnfeel compelled to try to obtain every version to have a true full complete set. But if you're interested in buying 8ne & can pay $12.50 in no-fee paypal, that will cover shipping a coin to you. Just contact,me through Groundspeak.

I'd like to see some sort of Worldwide Multi Event in the mid September - early November window.

I was thinking of a Friday the 13th theme. There is at least one every year, but it is still fairly rare. And it would also avoid the problem of differing date formats between countries. Friday the 13th is Friday the 13th no matter where you are. :)

In 2013 it's September 13 and December 13 (for Fridays)

I call dibs on 11-12-13!

I'm with you keeewee, but our American friends will want to have it on the 12 November!! :rolleyes:

791afe7a-79d2-4a3c-981e-ca60c92a27c9.jpga21b9dcd-f16d-4c2c-9056-124627b2f0fa.jpg82ab6926-cf2e-4bcc-8ec9-1ef1fb620a84.jpgOur 12-12-12 Multi Event in St Joseph, MO was held to benefit the Noyes Home for Children. Here is the poster made by and signed by the kids that are helped there (as they live there). Seems like we are all thinking of kids nowadays! Thanks to the local cachers who attended for the $495 raised from raffle ticket sales. Thanks also to all who donated the dor prizes for this raffle. We also managed to fill a big tub of product for the Noyes Home's ne Toddler Room.

Sho me da cache held a separate event "Oh Snap!" (a cookie exchange) here at the same location. What a great time for a great cause. thanks to all!

I still have several Nova Scotia 12-12-12 Event geocoins for trade - both versions (V1 & V2) - bronze and copper. (from my event GC40F9F - 12-12-12 Event - Northern Ontario Style)(Coins ordered before I left Nova Scotia for a new job in Ontario Canada

Looking to trade for other 12-12-12 geocoins

Do you have any left from your event to trade?

jleecollins

5c2567db-0645-4161-8ccf-259137f2a920.jpg?rnd=0.4273005

I love glowcoins, so I am looking for the one that glows the most with the glowing circle and the one on the top right. Can anybody tell me the names and/or is there someone wanting to trade for a Dutch version?

Talk about a minting error - check out the 21:21:21 coin in the bottom right! Glad it's not mine! hehe

That was mine. See!

EmeraldCoast12-12-12Mintbackupdown.jpg

I had to convince them to stand on their heads at the event in order to sell them. :ph34r:

I have some coin left from my event here in Sweden and want to trade with any of these coins that I don't have.

12-12-12 Multi Event - Colorado

12-12-12 Multi Event - Artist Edition

12-12-12- Multi Event- Iowa

12-12-12 Multi Event - Rances

12-12-12 Multi Event - Auckland, New Zealand

12-12-12 Multi Event - the Netherlands

12-12-12 Multi Event - Fresno/Fredericksburg

12-12-12 Multi Event - Honolulu, HI

12-12-12 Multi Event - UK (Manchester)

12-12-12 Multi Event - Nova Scotia V1

12-12-12 Multi Event - Labrador

12-12-12 Multi Event - Central Ontario

12-12-12 Multi Event - Long Island, NY

12-12-12 Multi Event - SWPA/Pittsburgh

12-12-12 Multi Event - Czech Republic - Praha

12-12-12 Multi Event - Praha

12-12-12 Multi Event - Dunedin, Wellington, Invercargill

12-12-12 Multi Event - Perth, Western Australia

12-12-12 Multi Event - Burlington

12-12-12 Multi Event - Emerald Coast, Florida

12-12-12 Multi Event - Bakersfield

12-12-12 Multi Event - Guarda, Portugal

12-12-12 Multi Event - Scottland

12-12-12 Multi Event - Brookfield, CT

12-12-12 Multi Event - New Jersey

12-12-12 Multi Event - Las Vegas, NV

12-12-12 Multi Event - Koeln, Cologne, Germany 1

12-12-12 Multi Event - Koeln, Cologne, Germany 2

12-12-12 Multi Event - Koeln, Cologne, Germany 3

12-12-12 Multi Event - New York

12-12-12 Multi Event - Sacramento, CA

12-12-12 Multi Event - Spacecoast

12-12-12 Multi Event - GS Multi

12-12-12 Multi Event - Columbus, Georgia

12-12-12 Multi Event - Pink

12-12-12 Multi Event - Santa Cruz

12-12-12 Multi Event - Madeira Island, Portugal

12-12-12 Multi Event - ME

12-12-12 Multi-Event - Braga, Portugal

12-12-12 Multi Event - Madison MS

12-12-12 Multi Event - North Texas

Thanks

Oaklakers

I have some coins left over from our Labrador event. I'll trade with you. Inbox me at lavolanges@msn.com

5c2567db-0645-4161-8ccf-259137f2a920.jpg?rnd=0.4273005

I love glowcoins, so I am looking for the one that glows the most with the glowing circle and the one on the top right. Can anybody tell me the names and/or is there someone wanting to trade for a Dutch version?

Talk about a minting error - check out the 21:21:21 coin in the bottom right! Glad it's not mine! hehe

That was mine. See!

Not to state the obvious but it's just up-side-down :blink:

EmeraldCoast12-12-12Mintbackupdown.jpg

I had to convince them to stand on their heads at the event in order to sell them. :ph34r:

My event was an awesome turn out, I should have done the whole 75 coins because I have several people on my waiting list. I did put in a request to get more of the coins that they ordered extra but now they want to charge me $9 each for MY coloration of the design when they were originally under $7 each. If it stays that way, I will have them cancel the order and just tell those on my waiting list to order direct.

*****Follow up: I am saying this. Oakcoins and Geoswag have lost my business forever*******

Edited by CCWelch

My event was an awesome turn out, I should have done the whole 75 coins because I have several people on my waiting list. I did put in a request to get more of the coins that they ordered extra but now they want to charge me $9 each for MY coloration of the design when they were originally under $7 each. If it stays that way, I will have them cancel the order and just tell those on my waiting list to order direct.

*****Follow up: I am saying this. Oakcoins and Geoswag have lost my business forever*******

Understand your frustration ... more or less. But have you taken into consideration that the Oakfolks fronted the money to get the 25 coins you didn't want to pay for (which did allow you to participate in the first place), plus the handling/shipping, plus someone (who must get some sort of 'pay') stocked them, now communicates with you, would have to find 'your coloration', pick the 'several' (2, 3, 4 ??) that you need, pack them and ship them to you? Sure, you would be charged the shipping, but is (maybe) a buck a coin profit for them doing everything involved in filling your 'several' on the wait list order worthy of this complaint?

Sounds a little strange that you have a complaint about them fronting money for your participation, making about a buck a coin profit, while even at $9 a coin (re-buy back cost), you're disappointed that you would only make $3 a coin profit to fulfill your short-sighted ordering. .... and you're not even asking for the option to buy back ALL of your coloration ... but just 'several'.

My event was an awesome turn out, I should have done the whole 75 coins because I have several people on my waiting list.

Sounds like you should have, like the rest of us. Unfortunately it is hindsight that is always 20/20, right.

I did put in a request to get more of the coins that they ordered extra but now they want to charge me $9 each for MY coloration

Clarification: the colours you chose, but coins you did not pay and for therefore have no ownership rights over.

of the design when they were originally under $7 each.

That's right, under $7 each if you prepaid for them, funding their production, like the rest of us did, each of us prepaying for 75+ coins.

If it stays that way, I will have them cancel the order and just tell those on my waiting list to order direct.

Good plan, if you just want to stay out of the hassle of dealing with those coins and the postage and whatever, but hardly because Oakcoins is doing the entirely fair thing of returning a margin to cover the cost of their investment in manufacturing, stocking and handling the coins.

I'm sorry, I can't sympathise because I think you're being wholly unfair to Oakcoins, and parading in front of all of us that you believe you deserve to not have had to prepay like everyone else and that you deserve the same price after the fact - something that would be quite unfair on everyone else, some of whom would have preferred to have only bought 50 coins, but knowing the consequences we settled for 75. There's a saying about cake...

Furthermore, there are some of us who actually had their fully prepaid coins manufactured contrary to the agreed artwork. That's a worthy gripe, but I won't say I'll never deal with Oakcoins again, unless they fail to come through with an acceptable resolution, and we're working together on that.

If anyone has any 12-12-12 coins for sale that was NOT on the "trade" list I'd love to buy one. Basically I'm looking to get those coins NOT on the list below. Just send me an email at lisakcavanaugh@comcast.net.

It's all I want for Christmas :/

1. NW Washington

2. Rainbow Glow (Kaysville, UT)

3. Pink

4. South Bohemia, Czech Republic

5. Geoswag

6. MSE Naked Gold

7. Seattle, WA

8. Dartmoor, UK

9. SoCal High Desert, CA

10. Belgium

11. Twin Cities, MN

12. Manitoba, CA

13. Indiana

14. Michigan

15. Fayetteville, NC

16. Pilsen, Czech Republic

17. Maine

18. MSE Naked Antique Nickel

19.Eksjö, Sverige

20. St. Louis, MO (SLAGA)

21. Nova Scotia, CA – v2 Ant Bronze

22. Myrtle Beach, SC

23. St Joseph, MO

24. Peoria, IL

25. Nova Scotia, CA – v2 Ant Copper

My event was an awesome turn out, I should have done the whole 75 coins because I have several people on my waiting list.

Sounds like you should have, like the rest of us. Unfortunately it is hindsight that is always 20/20, right.

I did put in a request to get more of the coins that they ordered extra but now they want to charge me $9 each for MY coloration

Clarification: the colours you chose, but coins you did not pay and for therefore have no ownership rights over.

of the design when they were originally under $7 each.

That's right, under $7 each if you prepaid for them, funding their production, like the rest of us did, each of us prepaying for 75+ coins.

If it stays that way, I will have them cancel the order and just tell those on my waiting list to order direct.

Good plan, if you just want to stay out of the hassle of dealing with those coins and the postage and whatever, but hardly because Oakcoins is doing the entirely fair thing of returning a margin to cover the cost of their investment in manufacturing, stocking and handling the coins.

I'm sorry, I can't sympathise because I think you're being wholly unfair to Oakcoins, and parading in front of all of us that you believe you deserve to not have had to prepay like everyone else and that you deserve the same price after the fact - something that would be quite unfair on everyone else, some of whom would have preferred to have only bought 50 coins, but knowing the consequences we settled for 75. There's a saying about cake...

Furthermore, there are some of us who actually had their fully prepaid coins manufactured contrary to the agreed artwork. That's a worthy gripe, but I won't say I'll never deal with Oakcoins again, unless they fail to come through with an acceptable resolution, and we're working together on that.

I had a coin made earlier this year (2012) through another company, it is 1 and 3/4 by 2" irregular shaped coin with full 3D and multi platings on each coin, plus several different enamels and they came in under $6.50 each...don't tell me Oakcoins didn't make money off of this, I see plenty of coins selling inexpensively that the person who designed it has had 25 of this color and 50 of this color etc. and the mint doesn't charge extra. This s not the first time I have had a problem with Oakcoins, they have failed me on pre Michael things as well, including failure to bid a design or even reply to an email about one of their coins not being able to be activated.(Groundspeak finally fixed that one for me) Had my coins come in sooner, and had they not all already been spoken for, they would have been sent back, they were poor quality as well as improperly colored. End of Story.

Our came in exactly as designed (even with two changes mid-stream), the price we expected, and good communication from Michael during this project. We never waited more than 24 hours for a reply even though he was all over the country at events. We purchased, 150 coins, the folks went bonkers over our scheme, everyone who wanted one got one and we sold out!

We have to say it all worked great for us! B)

I wish I could say this was a smooth process for us, but it was not. We received some pretty rude emails when asking clarification to questions we asked. We were promised that things would be "looked into" then never received a reply. We were repeatedly asked if we wanted to leave the group. I heard similar stories from others too, so I know it was not just me. When it was all over, I sent an email to Hans regarding the issues I had, and never received a reply. I am happy that things went well for some, but this project seriously damaged a good relationship that I had made with this company over the past 7 years. :(

I had a coin made earlier this year (2012) through another company, it is 1 and 3/4 by 2" irregular shaped coin with full 3D and multi platings on each coin, plus several different enamels and they came in under $6.50 each...don't tell me Oakcoins didn't make money off of this, I see plenty of coins selling inexpensively that the person who designed it has had 25 of this color and 50 of this color etc. and the mint doesn't charge extra. This s not the first time I have had a problem with Oakcoins, they have failed me on pre Michael things as well, including failure to bid a design or even reply to an email about one of their coins not being able to be activated.(Groundspeak finally fixed that one for me) Had my coins come in sooner, and had they not all already been spoken for, they would have been sent back, they were poor quality as well as improperly colored. End of Story.

I was merely responding to your ongoing argument about having just 50 of your colouration made vs 75 minimum for everyone else, and not at all about any other issues you might have had. But since you brought up your other coin you had made by someone else, I hope you're being fair on everyone (not saying that you're not) and that the $6.50 per coin included all costs - die, icon, trackable codes, etc - and that it was the same volume, just 50 coins, otherwise it's apples and oranges.

Now, come on, cheer up and enjoy all those marvellous coins! :)

I am still looking for 5 more 12-12-12 event coins to fill my 2 pages in my album (40 coins). I have the 20 pretrade coins so I don't need them. I have the Germany 3. and several others. I need 5 more and I have doubles of several others if you want to trade. I have some of mine left too. I am also willing to buy those that 5. only a few that I really don't want so most all others are good for me if you want to trade or sell. I have Denver, AE edition, naked silver and naked gold, the rainbow, and pink, too so please tell me about any from the UK or Austrailia or N texas, or Pittsburgh, or Space Coast or ....??? What have you??? Thanks my email is packerbacker31@hotmail.com