12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

Hello all,

as you know 64 versions of 12-12-12 coin exsits.

I have 37 of them, but i can't to identify two of them.

I would like to get to my collection these 1st:

- 15 Honolulu, Hawaii

- 18 Nova Scotia V1 (Antique Copper)

- 24 Long Island, New York

- 26 Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

- 34 Burlington, Ontario

- 37 Emerald Coast, Florida

- 41 Brookfield, Connecticut

- 42 New Jersey

- 43 Las Vegas, Nevada

- 50 Sacramento, California

- 51 Space Coast, Florida

- 54 Northwest Washington XLE (Black Nickel)

- 64 North Texas

I prefer trade for my version.

Thanks

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Bo. T. L. I am pretty sure you will not get an Iowa one unless it is from Michael. I have all 50 spoken for and another 5 on a waiting list not including you. If one does become available I will definitely trade for 1 of yours!

CCWelch, Iowa

Our coins are all reserved too...with a waiting list.

I have a very serious question: I asked to only have 50 made and none to go to Oakcoins, and I received 50 coins in the mail, how is it that BO. T.L. has one of my coins?

Who else has one? The Cedar Rapids, Iowa coin is the one in question and who else is going to have their coins show up in places they aren't expecting them to show up?

I AM VERY GLAD THIS IS THE LAST EVENT LIKE THIS FOR A WHILE :mad:

I have a very serious question: I asked to only have 50 made and none to go to Oakcoins, and I received 50 coins in the mail, how is it that BO. T.L. has one of my coins?

Who else has one? The Cedar Rapids, Iowa coin is the one in question and who else is going to have their coins show up in places they aren't expecting them to show up?

I thought the minimum order was 75?

I thought the minimum order was 75?

I was also told the minimum order was 75. If I didn't want 75, I could take as few as 50 and Oakcoins would take the balance to make up the difference but they would take no more than 25 coins.

There were conflicts in what was printed vs what was said, when the price changed suddenly I happened to go look at what was written and it said we could order 50 so I did. I also stipulated NONE going to Oakcoins. Not that it matters much now, it is a done deal. I am very unhappy with my coins they have pits and nicks in the metal before the plating was done(Something that should have been caught in the quality control before plating) and I have colored in areas that are different colors or variations of colors over the 50 coins(Another quality control issue). What ever mint they used owes some people an apology. If they weren't all already spoken for with a waiting list I would have sent them back.

Michael, this does not reflect on you or on Avroair, you did your jobs the best you could. This was all mint error. But I would like to know if 75 of my coins were made because I would buy 7 more to fill my waiting list.

Hello i'm not sure, but participants spreadsheet contained Qty to Geoswag 25 in a past for your event. I'm sorry for this. I can to send you my version for free.

41e52438-aa82-49d3-95a3-617f1731d1bf.jpg

Thanks

Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Edited by Bo.T.L.

Hello,

i have some photos of 12-12-12 coins on Bo.T.L.'s 12-12-12 Photos Gallery

I have 37 versions now.

I discussed with Michael and 65 versions exist i think.

List of all is on Bo.T.L.'s Geocoins Collection

Thanks

Borek

Nice!

Do you plan to put the pictures on your Geocoins Collection file sometime?

Sure thing.

Coming soon. :)

Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Hello event hosts, Geocoin Participants, etc...

for my 12-12-12 event was produced Wooden Nickel (Czech Wood Geocoin called in Czech). CWG contains part of geocoin gesign (front side) with name of my event (South Bohemia) and event code around. Two versions exist. Regular (spruce wood) for event attendees and the 2nd special (beech wood) for Geocoin Participants.

Look at:

f2db0085-6bf9-4f94-80f0-5e8cc083402d.jpg

I can to send one as a gift for free every Geocoin Participants.

If you want to get one, contact me.

I collect geocoin for fun, no for profit.

No need to pay for it or anything else.

As you know I would like to get all (65) versions to my collection.

If you can to help me get them, contact me too.

Thanks

Borek

Minimum order was 75. I didn't want Oakcoins having any of mine either. So I took the whole 75.

Activated fine for me. Went to oakcoins.com and clicked on the "activate geocoin" link up top. It's a universal activation code of OAKCOINS to activate them I believe because that was the code given to me.

Neat icon. You can check it out searching my TB5FM48.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I can't activate the coins either... has someone else the same problem?

I'd love to activate one coin for discoveries during the event. Wednesday is coming fast...

I had a problem. Some of mine were "not in the database" and could not be activated even with the universal code. The matter was straightened out very quickly after I brought it to Michael's attention.

Minimum order was 75. I didn't want Oakcoins having any of mine either. So I took the whole 75.

Same here. If I could have bought just 50, I would have, but since it meant 25 would go to Oakcoins, I chose not to so it had to be 75 for me.

HI There,

I have the same problem. I did all of the below, but when I try to activate here http://www.geocaching.com/track/activate.aspx?trknum=OAKCOINS I get the answer "The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system." Any ideas on what I am missing?

Thanks,

Addled.One

quote name='AtlantaGal' timestamp='1355175393' post='5168223']

Activated fine for me. Went to oakcoins.com and clicked on the "activate geocoin" link up top. It's a universal activation code of OAKCOINS to activate them I believe because that was the code given to me.

Neat icon. You can check it out searching my TB5FM48.

HI There,

I have the same problem. I did all of the below, but when I try to activate here http://www.geocaching.com/track/activate.aspx?trknum=OAKCOINS I get the answer "The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system." Any ideas on what I am missing?

Thanks,

Addled.One

Hi Addled.One

Great talking to you tonight at the event, and you won a door prize as well :lol:

may I ask the obvious

Enter Your Activation Code: <== should that not be the OAKCOINS

and the Enter Your Tracking Number: * be the number you find on your coin, make sure all 1's are that and not I's..

I'm only asking because I have not done one of mine, and I do not intend to "My presscious"

20472ecf-c10f-456b-8fec-5a232bf74f83.jpg?rnd=0.2294689

Hello all,

as you know 64 versions of 12-12-12 coin exsits.

I have 37 of them, but i can't to identify two of them.

I would like to get to my collection these 1st:

- 15 Honolulu, Hawaii

- 18 Nova Scotia V1 (Antique Copper)

- 24 Long Island, New York

- 26 Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

- 34 Burlington, Ontario

- 37 Emerald Coast, Florida

- 41 Brookfield, Connecticut

- 42 New Jersey

- 43 Las Vegas, Nevada

- 50 Sacramento, California

- 51 Space Coast, Florida

- 54 Northwest Washington XLE (Black Nickel)

- 64 North Texas

I prefer trade for my version.

Thanks

Borek

I will have an extra Sacramento version. I'll trade with you.

We had a very fun and great event here in Cologne, Germany and all very very happy to get one of the event versions.

To give you an impression of our event EVENT Cologne I have put together a picture with our 12-12-12.

5c67319e-c782-4408-ab0f-20ac3352106f.jpg

In case someone likes to trade vers. Cologne Edition or Maya Edition to set up her/his collection.

I love the color versions you all did, but I am really not looking for all editions.

Just send me a mail under my nickname. Someone who can help me to get the Honolulu ed. I REALLY LIKE THIS LIGHT BLUE and would be very much happy to add this to my activated coins.

Have ALL a Merry Christmas time and a happy New Year´s eve.

Health and all the best for you all and your families and friends.

The Indiana 12-12-12 events were crazy busy! All my coins sold out. I still want to have one of each 12-12-12 coin in my collection (snowball in hell comes to mind) - If you have extras for sell please let me know. Thank you Mark for a beautiful design and thank you Michael for getting the coins finish and into our hands!

Lisa

There were conflicts in what was printed vs what was said, when the price changed suddenly I happened to go look at what was written and it said we could order 50 so I did. I also stipulated NONE going to Oakcoins. Not that it matters much now, it is a done deal. I am very unhappy with my coins they have pits and nicks in the metal before the plating was done(Something that should have been caught in the quality control before plating) and I have colored in areas that are different colors or variations of colors over the 50 coins(Another quality control issue). What ever mint they used owes some people an apology. If they weren't all already spoken for with a waiting list I would have sent them back.

Michael, this does not reflect on you or on Avroair, you did your jobs the best you could. This was all mint error. But I would like to know if 75 of my coins were made because I would buy 7 more to fill my waiting list.

The minimum order for the multi-event was 75 coins, not 50 so I am not sure if that was old text that wasn't updated or something. I was also surprised to see multiple versions at the same event under the 75... that was NOT what was stipulated. Glad this one is over my events were great and both had huge turnouts! :)

We had an amazing turn out for the SLAGA 12/12/12 event!! I think I had somewhere between 180 & 200 people show up. We collected well over 800 pounds of food for the St. Louis Food bank & countless toys for Toys for Tots. The restaurant staff was wonderful and accommodating. And all coins & Pathtags sold out before everyone who wanted one got one (I only ordered 100...)

CF30

Report from San Jose, California

Managed to scrape together an event, despite short notice the previous organizers were not doing one this year. My father died in late September and I had my plate rather full until I returned from the memorial service in Michigan, plus time spent with friends and family. To keep my mind from dwelling on my personal loss I threw myself into the lining up the ducks, finding the right contacts and setting aside money for geocoins. Avroair and Michael were very helpful and I managed to obtain 50 of the Geoswag coins (too late into the fray to get a custom color set), get a venue reserved and pull together supplies and raffle prizes. I'd only ever organized small events of 25 or less people, other than CITOs which are far less complicated.

It went off with a bang and I was on the hop from the moment I walked in the door, well before the official start time. A representative of Magellan arrived and contributed generously to our raffle prize pool, with trackables and 30 day premium membership certificates. At least 100 visitors signed the log, over a dozen ammo boxes were raffled off (every time I held up an ammo box there was a cheer!) and many trackables were registered in and changed hands - hope all are logged and successfully move along. And the geocoins were gone in a flash, sorry I didn't have another 50, but directing people to Oakcoins to look for clues on how to get one online before they are all gone.

raffle_sm.jpg

Preparation of the prime raffle prizes

A great time had by all and a successful capping of the x-x-x event chain. Thanks to those who helped. Glad I could step up and make it possible.

Edited by DragonsWest

HAPPY 12-13-12

!

I Hope everyone had a great event. From the sounds of it, it seems like everyone did. We had a great time at our two events. The Flash Mob was more then we had anticipated. We even had a Canadian stop in on his way through town. We are glad he was able to make it. The Evening event was great fun. Who can go wrong with Free Food?

We are all but out of Coins, so we hope the same is true for each one of you. If our phone ever stops ringing with requests for any versions available for 12-12-12 coins we will enjoy the peace and quite that follows a crazy fun exciting World Wide Multi Event. For Tomorrow the Question will be:

Who's ready for another?

Hum...Whereisit?