19.Eksjö, Sverige

20. St. Louis, MO (SLAGA)

21. Nova Scotia, CA - v2

22. Myrtle Beach, SC

23. St Joseph, MO

24. Peoria, IL

Please correct me if I'm wrong

CF30

I think mine- Fresno/Fredericksburg, is #22.

12-12-12coinsfront1numberedsm.png12-12-12coinsback1numberedsm.png

12-12-12coinsfront2numberedsm.png12-12-12coinsback2numberedsm.png

1. NW Washington

2. Rainbow Glow (Kaysville, UT)

3. Pink

4. South Bohemia, Czech Republic

5. Geoswag

6. MSE Naked Gold

7. Seattle, WA

8. Dartmoor, UK

9. SoCal High Desert, CA

10. Belgium

11. Twin Cities, MN

12. Manitoba, CA

13. Indiana

14. Michigan

15. Fayetteville, NC

16. Pilsen, Czech Republic

17. Maine

18. MSE Naked Antique Nickel

19.Eksjö, Sverige

20. St. Louis, MO (SLAGA)

21. Nova Scotia, CA - v2

22. Myrtle Beach, SC

23. St Joseph, MO

24. Peoria, IL

Please correct me if I'm wrong

CF30

I think mine- Fresno/Fredericksburg, is #22.

Um, no. It's mine for sure. These are only coins that were in the group trade or geoswag editions. If you were not in the group trade, then your coin isn't in this scan.

I thought we agreed when signing up that they couldn't be sold before December 12th? That's what the googledoc says, anyway. Just wondering.

Yep, we all did. Seems like some people just don't keep their word.

Maybe all known violators should be excluded from future participation if they can't keep their word ... just sayin' ...

One already made it to e-bay

Someone better tell the Noob in our group that there is NO DISTRIBUTION till after the event date unless coins are going to another event host.

Here's an FAQ:

A gallery of previous multi-event coins can be seen: Here. B0tl's coins

What is a multi-event?

A multi-event is a group of event locations that share the same theme and geocoin (with the same icon).

Who can host an 11-11-11 Multi-event?

Anyone! An individual, geoaching organization or group.

Are there any restrictions on where I can host my event?

The event format is totally up to you. The only rule is that events that don't share the same color combination be more than 100 miles apart. Two events with the same color/metal combination have no distance restrictions.

What if two people would like to do an event but they live within 100 miles?

Avroair stays out of regional disputes. I would suggest the two hosts work together on the same coin or find some other solution amicably. Preference will be given to a veteran event host over new host if parties can't agree. Options such as sharing a coin, moving events further apart or dropping one event have worked in the past.

Who designs the coins?

Avroair, although the design is posted in the forums and critiqued by the other hosts. The design is meant to be versatile so that many color and metal combinations are available. The coins are trackable at GC.com and have a custom icon shared by all the versions. Avroair is open to other people's designs.

What can I customize (what will make my coin unique)?

There are two main options:

1. Choice of metal finish (antiquing adds to the cost)

2. Choice of color enamel fills. The color options include sub-options like glitter, glow, translucent and pearl enamels. Some of these options add to the costs to the coin.

What's the minimum order size?

Minimum order is generally 50 coins. But there is a price break for ordering 100 coins. There is also a 25 coin buy back program where you can opt to have the vendor sell them for you. This is available before you get your coins.

How much do the coins cost?

Depends on what options you use. But typically starts at $6.00 per coin. The hosts decide on the retail price as a group. The 12-12-12 coin will probably be large and intricate.

How do I pick colors, metal and enamels?

Avroair will provide a 'color by numbers' outline of the coin artwork used for picking colors and enamels.

What happens if two hosts submit exact or similar colors?

The host who handed in their colors second will be asked to alter their colors.

Will we see mint artwork?

Yes, you will have a chance to approve mint artwork to make sure colors are correctly chosen. But there is no opportunity to change your colors at that stage, just confirm they are correct.

Will we get a sample?

Only if time permits and we only do samples of the first 2-4 coins submitted.

When will the coins be delivered?

Two weeks before your event. You will get a shipping notice when this happens.

How much is shipping?

Depends based on whether you are an international event host and how many coins you ordered.

How can I trade to get more of the versions?

There will be an opt in where each event host gets one of every other version that opted in. For instance if we have 40 versions, 25 hosts opt in, then 24 of your coins will be put in the opt in and you get 24 different versions, one from each event host.

Can I pre-sell the coins?

Reservations for coins is allowed, but these are event coins, they should be sold at an event.

Can I trade them before the events?

Only with other hosts. It's preferable not to have them sold on the open market before 12-12-12.

Can I buy a coin version for my shop and sell them?

No, please refrain from just commercially selling them on a website. This is an event coin, please take the time to list an event.

What should I do with extra coins after the event?

Anything you want, they are yours. Trade, sell, melt down...

They were

Edited by NOSNOW

I thought we agreed when signing up that they couldn't be sold before December 12th? That's what the googledoc says, anyway. Just wondering.

Yep, we all did. Seems like some people just don't keep their word.

Maybe all known violators should be excluded from future participation if they can't keep their word ... just sayin' ...

I agree...even if you are a newbie to this, it is clearly stated in the FAQ's that we were provided back at the beginning of the project...in the forums AND on the website.

i am looking forward to see the high desert version in person. my first mega event!

Looking forward to meeting you rsg! But we are hardly a mega event...that would require that 500 people be there! :)

I think she's confusing mega-event with MULTI-event ... :)

oh yes, that's what i meant - duh me. :blink:

:laughing:

Someone better tell the Noob in our group that there is NO DISTRIBUTION till after the event date unless coins are going to another event host.

Here's an FAQ:

What is a multi-event?

A multi-event is a group of event locations that share the same theme and geocoin (with the same icon).

The event format is totally up to you. The only rule is that events that don't share the same color combination be more than 100 miles apart. Two events with the same color/metal combination have no distance restrictions.

Avroair stays out of regional disputes. I would suggest the two hosts work together on the same coin or find some other solution amicably. Preference will be given to a veteran event host over new host if parties can't agree. Options such as sharing a coin, moving events further apart or dropping one event have worked in the past.

Who designs the coins?

Avroair, although the design is posted in the forums and critiqued by the other hosts. The design is meant to be versatile so that many color and metal combinations are available. The coins are trackable at GC.com and have a custom icon shared by all the versions. Avroair is open to other people's designs.

2. Choice of color enamel fills. The color options include sub-options like glitter, glow, translucent and pearl enamels. Some of these options add to the costs to the coin.

Minimum order is generally 50 coins. But there is a price break for ordering 100 coins. There is also a 25 coin buy back program where you can opt to have the vendor sell them for you. This is available before you get your coins.

Depends on what options you use. But typically starts at $6.00 per coin. The hosts decide on the retail price as a group. The 12-12-12 coin will probably be large and intricate.

Avroair will provide a 'color by numbers' outline of the coin artwork used for picking colors and enamels.

Yes, you will have a chance to approve mint artwork to make sure colors are correctly chosen. But there is no opportunity to change your colors at that stage, just confirm they are correct.

Will we get a sample?

How much is shipping?

Depends based on whether you are an international event host and how many coins you ordered.

There will be an opt in where each event host gets one of every other version that opted in. For instance if we have 40 versions, 25 hosts opt in, then 24 of your coins will be put in the opt in and you get 24 different versions, one from each event host.

Reservations for coins is allowed, but these are event coins, they should be sold at an event.

Only with other hosts. It's preferable not to have them sold on the open market before 12-12-12.

No, please refrain from just commercially selling them on a website. This is an event coin, please take the time to list an event.

They were

Well, my mistake, I did not remember reading that part. I did list them and did sell them to Germany people so altho I made them available before the event, I can say they will not reach Germany til after the 12th. I will not list any until after the event. Hope everyone has a great event. I am hoping for weather like today! Sunny and 63. I am also releaseing my 12 days of Christmas on the 12th. Should be fun too.

later,

MO Pirate

Here's an FAQ:

What is a multi-event?

Who designs the coins?

Will we get a sample?

How much is shipping?

They were

Well, my mistake, I did not remember reading that part. I did list them and did sell them to Germany people so altho I made them available before the event, I can say they will not reach Germany til after the 12th. I will not list any until after the event. Hope everyone has a great event. I am hoping for weather like today! Sunny and 63. I am also releaseing my 12 days of Christmas on the 12th. Should be fun too.

later,

MO Pirate

I think he could list them in an auction format as long as the auction doean't end until the 12th.

Here's an FAQ:

What is a multi-event?

Who designs the coins?

Will we get a sample?

How much is shipping?

They were

later,

MO Pirate

I think he could list them in an auction format as long as the auction doean't end until the 12th.

No, no one can.

That's specifically what I didn't want to happen. It's been sorted out, it's was a rookie mistake. I know we are all sitting on plenty of shiny things for more than a week (I know I would rather have them early though rather than sweat to the last minute!) and to throw one out there on ebay is tempting. But I would ask can you please refrain until the 12th, these are event coins produced to celebrate a date. If anyone has problems after their event selling their order either talk to me (I can figure something out and give you some options) or Oakcoins who will buy back up to 25 coins.

Has someone contacted that seller? And is that the Oakcoins/Geoswag "pink" version? With regards to the pricing, the $12 is the set price for event sales, not secondary market sales.

I think the days of "a similar project" are hopefully gone. These multi events were much better and the rules were respected with less people. I don't think "just anyone" should be allowed to join anymore. I was thrilled when the straight web shop sellers were banned from participation this time.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Also the seller selling the Pink/orange one is not accepting messages/questions, I guess that says a lot in itself!!! <_<

Also the seller selling the Pink/orange one is not accepting messages/questions, I guess that says a lot in itself!!! <_<

Wow, I didn't even know that was a seller option. You're right, it says a lot.

Actually he is accepting messages/questions. If you go down underneath his short description there is "Ask a question" link. click on that and then ask your question. I just did so and asked who he was and if he was hosting an event and suggested he needed to read the thread. I didn't see any events on the spreadsheet in Utah and the coin looks like the Pink one from geoswag so it could be someone who bought directly from them to sell at his own event..

With 12-12-12 Just one week away, I hope that everyone is excited and ready for their events. I think everyone but one has their coins and so I hope we are all on track with that part. If you have not received your coins yet. PLEASE email me so that we can hunt them down.

I have contacted several events organizers that we have sold the Pink 12-12-12 coins to and reminded them that the coins are not be sold prior to their 12-12-12 event. Every effort was made to get the coins out early, at many requests, so that coins would insure in time delivery. It's unfortunate that some have crept up on EBAY.

Good Luck! May your events be well attended. May your coins be a hit. May the weather be good.

And if we all survive 12-21-12: Merry Christmas! and Happy Caching.

With 12-12-12 Just one week away, I hope that everyone is excited and ready for their events. I think everyone but one has their coins and so I hope we are all on track with that part. If you have not received your coins yet. PLEASE email me so that we can hunt them down.

I have contacted several events organizers that we have sold the Pink 12-12-12 coins to and reminded them that the coins are not be sold prior to their 12-12-12 event. Every effort was made to get the coins out early, at many requests, so that coins would insure in time delivery. It's unfortunate that some have crept up on EBAY.

Good Luck! May your events be well attended. May your coins be a hit. May the weather be good.

And if we all survive 12-21-12: Merry Christmas! and Happy Caching.

Thanks Michael!!

I will survive and so will you so I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!

Hello all hosts!

could you anybody help me to identify two versions of 12-12-12 coin, please?

My order was delivered on Tuesday, but i can't to identify one Nickel a one Gold coin.

Coins are on the Michael's Group photo: 1d6564fb-f70c-4ba9-bbea-183acf6fb7df.jpg

Nickel R4/C6

Gold R8/C2

Thanks

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Edited by Bo.T.L.

Hello all,

as you know 64 versions of 12-12-12 coin exsits.

I have 37 of them, but i can't to identify two of them.

I would like to get to my collection these 1st:

- 15 Honolulu, Hawaii

- 18 Nova Scotia V1 (Antique Copper)

- 24 Long Island, New York

- 26 Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

- 34 Burlington, Ontario

- 37 Emerald Coast, Florida

- 41 Brookfield, Connecticut

- 42 New Jersey

- 43 Las Vegas, Nevada

- 50 Sacramento, California

- 51 Space Coast, Florida

- 54 Northwest Washington XLE (Black Nickel)

- 64 North Texas

I prefer trade for my version.

Thanks

Borek

Hello all hosts!

could you anybody help me to identify two versions of 12-12-12 coin, please?

My order was delivered on Tuesday, but i can't to identify one Nickel a one Gold coin.

Coins are on the Michael's Group photo: ...

Nickel R4/C6

Gold R8/C2

Thanks

Borek

I identify Nickel coin (R4/C6), but i'm confused a little bit. It is Edinburgh, Scotland maybe.

But real coin is differs from the art.

Look at listing of Brave Defender event.

The back side isn't the same like art.

Borek

Finally got my coins! I'm going to have to send them priority to get them out to all the event hosts in time! :(

Hi Chuck,

i would like to get your Antique Copper version to my collection.

Thanks

Borek

Edited by Bo.T.L.

I don't think "just anyone" should be allowed to join anymore. I was thrilled when the straight web shop sellers were banned from participation this time.

As an official member of "just anyone" I'm not sure how to react to that. Seems a little elitist...

And, here, I've corrected for you: "The web shop sellers (attempted, with mixed success, to be) banned from participation."

Hello all,

as you know 64 versions of 12-12-12 coin exsits.

I have 37 of them, but i can't to identify two of them.

I would like to get to my collection these 1st:

- 15 Honolulu, Hawaii

- 18 Nova Scotia V1 (Antique Copper)

- 24 Long Island, New York

- 26 Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

- 34 Burlington, Ontario

- 37 Emerald Coast, Florida

- 41 Brookfield, Connecticut

- 42 New Jersey

- 43 Las Vegas, Nevada

- 50 Sacramento, California

- 51 Space Coast, Florida

- 54 Northwest Washington XLE (Black Nickel)

- 64 North Texas

I prefer trade for my version.

Thanks

Borek

Bo. T. L. I am pretty sure you will not get an Iowa one unless it is from Michael. I have all 50 spoken for and another 5 on a waiting list not including you. If one does become available I will definitely trade for 1 of yours!

CCWelch, Iowa