12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

UNbelievable ....

E-mail sent on a Holiday weekend Sunday morning at 9:40am UTAH time ... and a response wasn't sent within 5 minutes before posting in the forum ... ??

Who would expect ANYONE to solve a shipping problem on any Sunday morning when the SHIPPING company isn't even open ... ?? Doesn't matter 'whose' fault it was/is !!

A UPS shipping problem is much easier to solve than a Postal delivery problem ... but only when they are OPEN ...

-----------------

63 customer versions, add several Oakcoin versions, add a lot of people ordering who didn't have a clue what they were doing or how to do it, late responses by participants, assemble payments from all concerned, and still get the shipments out almost 3 weeks to the date ahead of time ... pretty awesome IMO !!

How many have ever been involved in an online creation and ordering experience as complex as this one ?? How many have had the volume of e-mails and forum posts with multiple issues and replied to each and every one without missing an item or two ?? WOW ... didn't know the world had that many perfect people ... :blink:

Keep in mind the old idiom ... "You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

Never heard it? Meaning: "More can be accomplished by being pleasant, than by being disagreeable".

It's TRUE !!

-----------------

Meanwhile ... let's ALL make every effort to use all means available to make this Multi-World Event a huge success. :D

-----------------

UNbelievable ....

E-mail sent on a Holiday weekend Sunday morning at 9:40am UTAH time ... and a response wasn't sent within 5 minutes before posting in the forum ... ??

Who would expect ANYONE to solve a shipping problem on any Sunday morning when the SHIPPING company isn't even open ... ?? Doesn't matter 'whose' fault it was/is !!

Yes, I agree. This forum topic is getting a bit "school-yard-hostile" now. :blink:

This was a big project, for all of us, and barring a couple of glitches along the way it has gone remarkably well.

I think generally some of us need to calm down. Perhaps good advice would be to take 5 minutes before you click "Add Reply" and think about how you'd like to be on the other end of your comment first, and whether it's really justified!

Don't worry, be happy! :D

Edited by funkymunkyzone

I was speaking of week old emails that were still not responded to (and still have not been responded to). My forum post was a preventative measure since it seemed as though posts were more likely to be seen & responded to before emails. (and judging from the replies, the post was seen before the email, as I expected).

Sorry you two, but I've been doing this since 7-7-07 and my complaints are way more than legitimate.

:rolleyes:

Edited by AtlantaGal

I have been a part of 7 different multi group coin projects. Some have gone smoothly and some had bumps in the road. The biggest bump was when the MWGB chick coins didn’t get ordered in time and never arrived at the event. I expressed concern in this thread about these coins being ordered in time. Even though they will most likely arrive at my house this week, the international packages may still not arrive in time. I can assure you from having been there that if you don’t receive your coins in time for your event then you will not feel that this has been a successful project.

When I compare this project with the others I think the bumps in the road have been more frequent and larger. Many could have been smoothed over with better communication. In previous projects group emails were sent out at each stage of the process and when there were any changes etc. That didn’t happen here for some reason. For example there was a mistake about the size of the coin causing a significant price increase when the mistake was discovered. Yes mistakes are made but it should have generated a group email with an updated price list and an explanation of what happened before invoices were sent out. No mention was made of it and someone could have paid the invoice and never have known the price had significantly increased. Funkymunkyzone voiced a concern here in this thread "Are we all paying according to the same pricing structure or are those complaining getting a better price because they are complaining?" That is a real concern and easily could have been alleviated by leaving the price structure on the web page as well as in a group email. After the pricing was deleted then all bets were off. Only posting here or private emails between event hosts could confirm that we all were being charged the same price. Personal emails are nice but if you are saying the same thing over and over again to everyone then it makes for a lot more work. Answer the most frequent questions in one general email and then if needed go one on one for the specifics. Communication is the key and that was very much lacking here.

Projects like this are frustrating on both ends. But someone shouldn’t feel that they have to resort to posting in a public forum to get a question answered because earlier email questions were not answered. If you are in over your head take the help and advice that is offered from those who have done it before, learn from it and keep the attitude in check.

I agree with many of the comments/concerns expressed in the last page or so by Nosnow, Dressel Dragons and Atlanta Gal as being valid and justified. They all have been involved in numerous group projects. For those of you who disagree with that do you have anything to compare to? Was there anytime during this project where you were frustrated by your lack of knowledge and your specific questions weren’t answered? The project can’t be deemed a success until the coins have arrived and in good shape.

Thanksgiving has past. I am thankful that all the coins will arrive on time. :D I am also thankful that this is the last of the X-X-X events. I've been attending these since I was introduced to them back in 05,05,05 where I drove 100 miles to get to the event at 5:05 am! This particular one was a slog with 63 versions!

We are starting to see several of the International Orders are being delivered. :D and the others in the US should be arriving in the next day or two. We've got our Fingers Crossed here at Oakcoins, that all will get them on time. We are anxiously waiting for confirmation that everyone has them.

On Another Note:

I would like to apologize publicly for the lack of communication on my part and for problems that my inexperience caused with this coin. This project was more complex then I had expected, and I have learned a lot in doing this. If I have offended anyone, I am sorry. :blink:

Mine arrived and look great. Not sure I'll have any left after the event. I have 150 people that plan to attend and almost all said they want a coin. I only ordered 125 coins. I don't normally do this but I have limited the number purchased by each person for the first part of the event so everyone that might want one could get one. If there are any left I'll let people buy more and if there are any left after that, I sell on cacheaddict.com.

I really hope my coins will arrive shortly, that'd be one worry less. For those of you who don't know what happened, my husband and caching partner had an accident while geocaching last Saturday and ends up in hospital with a broken skull. His health has been pretty stable since he went in hospital and I'm anxiouly waiting for his real awakening. I'll keep you posted when good news come in.

As far as the event is concerned, I'll still host it no matter what, all my attendants are more than willing to give a hand and are all offering me great support. I doubt I'll have many coins left, this year!

Please all, cache safely!

I really hope my coins will arrive shortly, that'd be one worry less. For those of you who don't know what happened, my husband and caching partner had an accident while geocaching last Saturday and ends up in hospital with a broken skull. His health has been pretty stable since he went in hospital and I'm anxiouly waiting for his real awakening. I'll keep you posted when good news come in.

As far as the event is concerned, I'll still host it no matter what, all my attendants are more than willing to give a hand and are all offering me great support. I doubt I'll have many coins left, this year!

Good news that his health is stable. Hope it improves rapidly.

We'll look forward to some good news that he has returned home and in great shape for the holidays.

------------------

Oh, my! Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and hoping everything turns out well. Please keep us posted!

<snip> For those of you who don't know what happened, my husband and caching partner had an accident while geocaching last Saturday and ends up in hospital with a broken skull. His health has been pretty stable since he went in hospital and I'm anxiouly waiting for his real awakening. I'll keep you posted when good news come in.

Hoping for his quick recovery.

The news are good, my husband was awake and we could talk. He can eat a bit again, but couldn't remember what happened. So I explained him about his accident and said you all are sending him good vibes. Now we must give him time to fully recover, but things are looking good. If he can be among us for the event, that would be truly great!

Back on topic, I forgot to thank Michael for the good work and the goodies in the parcel. It was much appreciated. It just seems that the coin for Borek wasn't set apart the way we agreed via e-mail, but I can do it myself. No big deal.

Thank you all for your kind words and support :)

45915d70-922f-4289-9403-da1f0ac0c2b8.jpg4e5fcc63-eb8f-4f0e-bcfd-9383a9982e8c.jpgWell, after a 4 day layover for the holiday in Colorado, I got my coins today. It was fun sorting out the 20 traders. They all look great. Everyone who did their part should be proud of the work they put in on these. I kept looking over favorites in the 20 and more and more were selected. Michael, Avroair, and each participant should be proud of the end result. I know I have 20 now AND would be glad to trade any of the other place event coins that so desire mine. I think I will have enough for my event attendees and have close to 50 left for trade or sale. Let me know and everyone have a wonderful event and Christmas! Mine is the St Joseph Edition. It has glow on the dial and pointers and on the 12 pointers on the other side too. Please let me know if you did not participate and would like to trade.

<snip> I think I will have enough for my event attendees and have close to 50 left for trade or sale. Let me know and everyone have a wonderful event and Christmas! Mine is the St Joseph Edition. It has glow on the dial and pointers and on the 12 pointers on the other side too. Please let me know if you did not participate and would like to trade.

I was late getting in on the coins and missed the deadline for opting in on the trade. I would like to trade the Alabama edition for one of yours please.

6605a617-c5dc-4cd1-804a-f6f44893abd6.jpga2e408d5-4f77-46a2-9fa8-985478008b68.jpgHere are some so so pics of the 20 traders.

Have you figured out which ones are which location/event yet?

Top left is Nova Scotia. There are now THREE versions of this coin. The folks at Landsharkz wanted a coin for their 12-12-12 event and the Nova Scotia colours sort of match the British Columbia colours. Their edition is satin nickel.

6605a617-c5dc-4cd1-804a-f6f44893abd6.jpga2e408d5-4f77-46a2-9fa8-985478008b68.jpgHere are some so so pics of the 20 traders.

Have you figured out which ones are which location/event yet?

Sorry, no I have not. Mine (St Joseph, MO) is the first one (on the left) in the second row from the bottom.

1. Nova Scotia

2. Dartmoor

3. Myrtle Beach, SC

4. South Bohemia, Czech Republic

5. NW Washington

6. Indiana

7. Fayetteville

8. Pilsen

9. Mantinoba

10. SoCal High Desert

11. St Joseph, MO

12. GEOSWAG

13. Kontich

14. Skyfall

15. Peoria

16. Twin Cities

17. St. Louis, MO

18. Seattle, WA

19. Maine

20. Eksjö, Sverige

Here is what I show these as. But I think you switched a couple around on the backside.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Michael

Thought my coins would be here today, but UPS changed it until tomorrow...I don't understand, because they have been sitting in New Stanton, PA since 11/25. Ugh! I hate waiting...and will now have to wait until Monday to see them since Brenda and I are heading to the thespian conference in the morning. .Heather and Brian will get to see them before me...no fair! :laughing:

My delivery date currently says 'exception'. I have no idea when/if I am getting them. :(

UPS is horrible. I requested FedEx, but that didn't happen.

My experience with FedEx has been horrible. For the 10/10/10, the coins were delivered to the wrong address. There were multiple days that we did not where the coins were because they could not track down the driver. In the end, I retrieved them myself because every time FedEx tried to, the people were not home because they worked shifts.

My delivery date currently says 'exception'. I have no idea when/if I am getting them. :(

UPS is horrible. I requested FedEx, but that didn't happen.

update: Just had a talk with UPS. My paperwork is in Canada, but they have no idea where the physical package is -- thus the 'exception'. They are waiting for it to arrive in Canada so it can clear customs. They 'hope' it will be in Canada tomorrow.