12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

I got a message today and I know my coins had not shipped as of this afternoon. Michael said he was working on shipments.

So "We will ship on Monday" meant we will ship sometime after Monday if you are lucky you might get them in time for your event. I understand Michael is new but there are people at Oakcoins that have been around the block with this before. Why are they not helping him instead of leaving him flailing. This is why I do not take my designs to Oakcoins.(Other than the fact they never get back to me)

All coins shipped except one I am waiting for an address. I have responded to everyone's email as I tend to deal with people on a one on one basis.

Oakcoins has done an exceptional job on this project, regardless of my inexperience here. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of you this year in my travels and have tried to correct issues as they arose. I will continue to do so.

It's interesting to follow all of the discussion on the forums. Many of you are kind and I enjoy working with you. The phone call today and the 'Happy Thanksgiving' well wish was much appreciated. Likewise, I find all the complaints equally as enjoyable. I know for some, legitimate complaints have been addressed, for some of the others, I think some just like to complain.

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. May your coins come quick, may you be happy with they way they look. May your events be a success. For those of you who aren't happy with them, i look forward to reading about them as you use this forum to complain.

If anyone knows any others hosting an event that did not get a version, we have a few of our generic version and pink version available.

Lastly,

Hats off to Mark. We had over 60 editions of the coin. 20 trades and several side trades. This world wide multi event is amazing and Mark should get all the credit for an amazing coin and a popular event.

All

As one of the founding partners of Oakcoins I want to thank Mark and Michael for working on this project. I know that Michael put a lot of time into this project and worked many hours on this. He went above and beyond on this project to make sure it was very successful. He spent many hours after hours working on this project to make sure it was done in a timely manner. To work on 60+ different versions of this coin and work with 60+ different people is a very hard task. Yes there was a "delay" in getting the coin out, but since one box was delayed with people that wanted to trade yes the coins took an extra day to get out and you should get your coins well in advance before your events. It takes a lot of time to get all those trades done. It is always fun working with Mark on these events. If you have any more complements or complaints please feel free to contact me at geohans@gmail.com. I for one am grateful for all the hard work Mark and all my employees did on this project.

Thanks

Hans

I got a message today and I know my coins had not shipped as of this afternoon. Michael said he was working on shipments.

So "We will ship on Monday" meant we will ship sometime after Monday if you are lucky you might get them in time for your event. I understand Michael is new but there are people at Oakcoins that have been around the block with this before. Why are they not helping him instead of leaving him flailing. This is why I do not take my designs to Oakcoins.(Other than the fact they never get back to me)

Please contact me with any issues on what we haven't replied too. My email address is geohans@gmail.com.

Edited by hjnielsen

Yay they shipped!! I had hoped to get a tracking number so I can be home when mine arrived but at least I now know they have shipped.

I sent special instructions in my email back to Michael. "Please send out all the international shipments before sending out mine even if mine are delayed a day or two. I want to give them as much time as possible so they arrive before the event. Thanks!! " I hope they did get a head start LOL

Thanks to everyone who worked on this project. I can't wait to see them and pictures of everyone's coin.

Have a great Turkey Day everybody!!

All

As one of the founding partners of Oakcoins I want to thank Mark and Michael for working on this project. I know that Michael put a lot of time into this project and worked many hours on this. He went above and beyond on this project to make sure it was very successful. He spent many hours after hours working on this project to make sure it was done in a timely manner. To work on 60+ different versions of this coin and work with 60+ different people is a very hard task. Yes there was a "delay" in getting the coin out, but since one box was delayed with people that wanted to trade yes the coins took an extra day to get out and you should get your coins well in advance before your events. It takes a lot of time to get all those trades done. It is always fun working with Mark on these events. If you have any more complements or complaints please feel free to contact me at geohans@gmail.com. I for one am grateful for all the hard work Mark and all my employees did on this project.

Thanks

Hans

+1

A big thanks to Mark and Michael!!

Michael and Hans

I’m glad in your mind you think this project went well. You got the coins out the door. But that is really all you can say. And yes people are happy with picture and tracking numbers, but your communication with your customer was terrible!!!!!

This is partly true, and there is another huge concern. Timing. For international orders, customs will take several days to weeks before relieving the packages, and we all know after 12-12-12 these coins will be much less vendible.

So, I'm optimistic, and I think everything is gonna end up alright, but I must agree it is way too soon to say it was a success.

Michael and Hans

I’m glad in your mind you think this project went well. You got the coins out the door. But that is really all you can say. And yes people are happy with picture and tracking numbers, but your communication with your customer was terrible!!!!!

I agree...I have been involved with many group projects with Oakcoins, and the communication with this project was nowhere near the level I have grown to expect from Oakcoins.

Nosnow and Dragons,

I'm not sure I understand. I responded to each one of your emails as quickly as I could. 63 people with 63 designs. I choose not to respond to a lot of the comments on the forums, as many of the people who complained on here were nothing more then a woe is me looking for attention. One minute responding to my emails in a positive polite way, and then a few minutes later jumping on the forums with their sad stories of how the world was unfair.

Like I've always maintained, if you are having a problem, email me. I will respond to each one of you emails and problems individually.

It's amazing how just a few people like bring their dark little raincloud with them in these forums.

Tracking number, yes. Pictures, no. It's a mystery. :ph34r:

CF30

I needed to wait until I got everyone's information correct before sending out any of it. We all know that if someone had gotten theirs prior to the whole group, they'd be on the forums with the sad faces.

After spending some time with family, I went out to work at midnight to send off the tracking codes and photos. I then realized that the file with all the photos had a few missing. At 1:30 I made the call that I was going home and would follow up on the missing photos Friday morning.

Hope this helps shed some light on the mystery. However... The Yahoo thing is still a bit of a mystery.

Nosnow and Dragons,

I'm not sure I understand. I responded to each one of your emails as quickly as I could. 63 people with 63 designs. I choose not to respond to a lot of the comments on the forums, as many of the people who complained on here were nothing more then a woe is me looking for attention. One minute responding to my emails in a positive polite way, and then a few minutes later jumping on the forums with their sad stories of how the world was unfair.

Like I've always maintained, if you are having a problem, email me. I will respond to each one of you emails and problems individually.

It's amazing how just a few people like bring their dark little raincloud with them in these forums.

During the previous multi-events, we received multiple group emails, alerting us to the progress of the project and problems that popped up along the way. Updates were also posted to the group website. There was a time that we were not permitted to post all of this group project info in these forums...which is why the off site page was set up.

Michael, you were responsive to all of my emails...but a little better communication dispersed to the entire group along the way would have resulted in a lot fewer individual emails and less work/stress for you and us.

Tracking number, yes. Pictures, no. It's a mystery. :ph34r:

CF30

I needed to wait until I got everyone's information correct before sending out any of it. We all know that if someone had gotten theirs prior to the whole group, they'd be on the forums with the sad faces.

After spending some time with family, I went out to work at midnight to send off the tracking codes and photos. I then realized that the file with all the photos had a few missing. At 1:30 I made the call that I was going home and would follow up on the missing photos Friday morning.

Hope this helps shed some light on the mystery. However... The Yahoo thing is still a bit of a mystery.

No worries. I'm happy to have the tracking number, thank you.

"It's a mystery" Is a favorite line of mine from a movie (can anyone name it?). I use it in many circumstances. :laughing:

CF30

Got my trackingnr today,no picture, but that's ok, keeps the mystery going :ph34r:

This morning the package was still in the US, and now it's already in Germany!!! :blink:

Delivery is planned for Tuesday next week ... I hope customs will allow it.

First time we've participated so I can't compare. No complaints here, to get 63 different coins produced, mailing all of these different people, getting everything right ... not the easiest job to do it on your own, couldn't have done better ... ahm ... wouldn't even begin with it :D

The coins do look awesome in the above pictures!

Well done Michael!

Looking forward to ours!

Disappointed that it's UPS ground. The coins won't get here till 11/28 and I was really hoping to have them Monday at the latest so I could mail the other 2 events theirs on Tuesday. We paid $25+ for shipping and these could have gone Priority easily! I even requested as much!

I'm not sure what the issue is. We had discussed all of this at the going coastal event and it wasn't a problem then. You will get your coins well before 12-12-12.

I guess you're damned if you do damned if you don't here in the forums.

At some point tonight I will get my pictures posted, I am scrutinizing over them right now...Does any one elses pictures look like the little candy cane looking things on the clock side did not get filled?

Never mind...they almost all look like that.

6N-039741.jpg

6N-03974.jpg

Thank you for the pictures and the tracking number Michael. I look forward to having these in my hands.

Edited by CCWelch

Disappointed that it's UPS ground. The coins won't get here till 11/28 and I was really hoping to have them Monday at the latest so I could mail the other 2 events theirs on Tuesday. We paid $25+ for shipping and these could have gone Priority easily! I even requested as much!

I'm not sure what the issue is. We had discussed all of this at the going coastal event and it wasn't a problem then. You will get your coins well before 12-12-12.

I guess you're damned if you do damned if you don't here in the forums.

Going Coastal has nothing to do with the method of shipment. I requested priority this past Tuesday (a week after that event). I'm still waiting for answers to my questions from that email that have yet to be answered.

Nosnow and Dragons,

What you think of your CUSTOMERS say a lot! Maybe since you do this all the time the question seem dumb or stupid, but if you don’t, like a lot of participates, their question are not stupid and desired answers. If there got too be many participates for you, then you should of shut it off.