12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

So with all this discussion about price and how people's concerns are being dealt with privately... Are we all paying according to the same pricing structure or are those complaining getting a better price because they are complaining? I would definitely like to see some transparency in the pricing for each participant.

I agree!

So with all this discussion about price and how people's concerns are being dealt with privately... Are we all paying according to the same pricing structure or are those complaining getting a better price because they are complaining? I would definitely like to see some transparency in the pricing for each participant.

I agree!

If it makes you feel any more comfortable, I can tell you that I was one of the ones complaining, and I did not get a better price than what I was originally told.

Something I noticed today that might be of interest to others who are international like me... Got an invoice through Paypal today and compared it with Google Wallet, and Google Wallet's exchange rate was better, in my favour, than Paypal by a whopping 5%!!! Might not sound like much, but it's easily $30 on this coin order. Needless to say, I went with Google Wallet!

Having problem to get my event publish. My reviewer say that I can´t have 1. a price for the eventcoin and 2. have a picture of the coin in my cache note. He refered to the text 2. Commercial caches are disallowed.

Have someone else here had same problem and is this eventcoin to commercial for Groundspeak?

Sounds like your reviewer has taken the commercial cache a bit too literally. Commercial is supposed to be something that supports a commercial business.

AtlantaGal's right. Leave the price off the description page for the initial time being.

OK- Im just popping in here to ask a question about these geocoin projects. I know I'm to late to be involved with this 12/12/12 one.. My question is - if say in the state of Florida (example 12/12/12 )- can more than one coin made up if the diffrent areas represent diffrent things (example in Fla we have Space Themed things on the east coast and Tampa Bay Bucs on the west coast- could a least 2 diffrent coins be made within that state- I was hearing theres a mile limitation of say 150miles btwn project locations.. can someone explain the rules of these projects ..thanks

Having problem to get my event publish. My reviewer say that I can´t have 1. a price for the eventcoin and 2. have a picture of the coin in my cache note. He refered to the text 2. Commercial caches are disallowed.

Have someone else here had same problem and is this eventcoin to commercial for Groundspeak?

Sounds like your reviewer has taken the commercial cache a bit too literally. Commercial is supposed to be something that supports a commercial business.

AtlantaGal's right. Leave the price off the description page for the initial time being.

Our review never published my event caches if I have the coin price, etc. on the cache page...so we don't put it on there. We always post an announcement to the event with all of that info...or set up a separate webpage to link to.

Application of the "commercial guideline" in this way always astonishes me. Mega events can have an outright price for entry, but an event like this can't mention a geocoin that is optionally available at a cost? Our events, which are like mini-megas with all the games, activities and prizes that we organise, always cost us money and money from the coins goes part way to recovering that, although we're always left out of pocket (our choice for hosting the event). It seems like reviewers with this attitude simply want to dissuade event hosts from putting on such events at all. Groundspeak even makes money out of the sale of these geocoins!

That said, I never seem to have any problems and in the past my events have been published including mention of the coin and its cost. This time it didn't include it because the artwork and price weren't finalised - which reminds me, I must update the cache page...

Perhaps I am lucky to have a sensible reviewer. Actually I *know* I have a sensible reviewer.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

This question has come up with many of the previous multi events and it seems to depend on the reviewer. My particular reviewer in the past has told me that I need to say that it is trackable. If it isn't trackable then it can't be listed for sale on the cache page.

As others have suggested you can published the event without the coin info and then post an announcement later that there will be a coin and it's cost. A picture can be posted in the gallery.

I just checked out the google doc and I don't see a revised time schedule. Have these been ordered yet? I know that some people were having a problem getting their invoices so they could pay for their coins. Since it is now less than 8 weeks from the event I am getting a little nervous. I have had 2 different coins not arrive in time for the event in the past. I would much rather have them arrive a little early than a day late.

I just checked out the google doc and I don't see a revised time schedule. Have these been ordered yet? I know that some people were having a problem getting their invoices so they could pay for their coins. Since it is now less than 8 weeks from the event I am getting a little nervous. I have had 2 different coins not arrive in time for the event in the past. I would much rather have them arrive a little early than a day late.

I couldn't agree with you more, especially with international shipping which can get slow before Christmas. I would hate to let our attendants down on this.

I used my artwork as the cache page background, but my reviewer had no problem with the coin listing as coins are part of geocaching. I think I would consider taking that up with one of the higher ups, I think the reviewer over stepped the meaning of a commercial cache.

I couldn't agree with you more, especially with international shipping which can get slow before Christmas. I would hate to let our attendants down on this.

Michael...can you weigh in on this please? I am still seeing posts where people have not received their invoices yet. I am with the others in saying I would hate to let our attendants down, I have several people looking forward to this coin.

I sent out an email today. Did everyone get it?

I did. Thanks! :-)

+1

But I do worry about the revised shipping times, it maybe pushing it for some OS events, I have waited 34 days for a shipment from the US to AU..

Now that is the longest but 3 weeks is the norm, so a delay of one or two days could mean they do not arrive in time for the event, what is oakcoins

buyback policy on the coins if the worse case scenario and delivery after the event happens. :tired:

+1

But I do worry about the revised shipping times, it maybe pushing it for some OS events, I have waited 34 days for a shipment from the US to AU..

Now that is the longest but 3 weeks is the norm, so a delay of one or two days could mean they do not arrive in time for the event, what is oakcoins

buyback policy on the coins if the worse case scenario and delivery after the event happens. :tired:

By default I think the coins are being shipped UPS, so the delivery time should be 3 days. I have asked for USPS shipping because flat rate box to Canada is 1/3rd the price and still should be here in a week.

I've chosen not to let anyone see the coin before the event. I used the non-coloured version as background on the page so they could see the art work but kept the colours to myself and this forum (I'm not sure how many of our local cachers lurk here). I guess I wisely decided not to mention price on the listing. I really can't decide anyway until I find out what custom charges are going to be.

+1

Couldn't agree more. As funkymunkyzone mentioned above selling these coins goes some way to recoup the cost of putting the event on. The best time to sell these coins is through pre-orders or at the event. No one is interested after the event. I'd also be keen to have someone from Oakcoins respond to AlliedOz's question re buyback for non delivery.

Hi all 12-12-12 Multi Event hosts, Geocoin participants, ettendees and geocoins collectors.

List all versions of 12-12-12 geocoins was created Bo.T.L.'s Geocoins Collection

As you know, i would like to get them to my collection (it isn't for profit, really).

If you can to help me get some, please contact me (i can trade my version South Bohemia, Czech Republic).

Very Thanks for help

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

The last email I received from Oakcoins said that there were 20 participants out of 60 in the trade. A look at the spreadsheet though shows 62 versions and 22 traders. Two of the traders don't have a host and are just listed as 'GS Multi' and 'Pink'. I assume these are other Geoswag versions which may or may not be available at the Kaysville event. Are these two IN the trade, or OUT?

More than half of my available coins are already reserved. I'd like to know exactly how many I will be receiving.

Have now asked Groundspeak about the guidelines for events and multievents with trackable coins and this is what they say.

Roger,

First let me apologize for the delay. We have several people out and are running slightly behind.

Groundspeak sometimes allows off page sale of items related to an event cache. What you can do is leave the coin pictures on the cache page. Remove the information about the sale of the coin. Create a new web page that contains the sale information about the coin. On the cache page place a sentence that states, "For information about this coin please go here. Then link to the other page. Since we are telling you this is ok it is not a problem with the guidelines.

We use this method to keep the cache page non-commercial but still allow a way to spread the information when sales are related to an event.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Michael

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

www.geocaching.com

www.Waymarking.com

www.Wherigo.com

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/groundspeakcommunity

Hi all!

As some of you know, I have not been able to participate in this event for personal reasons, but I've not dissapeared!

So, after a time away from the multi-event, today I enjoyed seeing your designs, ... Congratulations!

I hope to get some of them, and to be part of the next multi, ...asap!

See you later,

Manuel

The St Joseph, Missouri 12-12-12 Multi World Event is published.

GC3W5TW

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=44aaf276-97e1-4abf-afeb-f0e6d428794a

please list a "Write Note" if you would like one of those 12-12-12 design coins as I should have extra for sale. Thanks By doing a Write Note I will have you on my list so I can offer on a first come basis.

thanks, MO Pirate

Edited by mo pirate

please list a "Write Note" if you would like one of those 12-12-12 design coins as I should have extra for sale. Thanks By doing a Write Note I will have you on my list so I can offer on a first come basis.

thanks, MO Pirate

Are you part of the group trade?

yes I am and I believe it was said about 20 of the events are on the trade list. So if you are one of those events coiners then you should get one of mine. If not you are welcome to trade or get one from me.