12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

$12 sounds good to me.

I can't figure out how to submit a picture of my colors. I mean, I can take a picture of the one I colored in with crayon, but don't know how to do one on the computer. Is that mandatory or is just filling in the form going to be enough. I am just not that computer literate or even artsy. :wacko:

email me a picture and we will help you out.

Do you mean my crayon picture?

Whatever you need help on.

I have several questions.

Can avroair confirm these for the raised/semi-raised choices?

Front

1 – black is raised

2 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

3 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

4 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

5 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6 - black is raised

7 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

8 – gray “12-12-12 Multi Event 12-12-12” is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

Back

1 - ?? Is this the background behind the ?3? horizontal pointers? If so, then gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

2 – black is raised

3 – black is raised

4 – black is raised

6a – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6b – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

7 - ?? Is this the foreground of the ?3? horizontal pointers? If so, then black is raised.

Can someone from Geoswag answer...

Also, I have no way to prepare or submit artwork. Is submitting my colors good enough?

Lastly, there seems to be differing opinions on the “Opt In” for trade. If I buy 75 and opt in for trade, and lets say 25 others opt in. Do I still pay for 75, get 25 of the others and 50 of my own?

Just email me your color selections. I will have artwork drawn up for your approval. As for the trade, I will defer this to the way it has been done in the past. However, everyone who clicks on participate in the trade will recieve an email clarifying the total order and have the amount included.

Can I get clarification on this:

"Only ONE glitter or glow or pearl enamel can be used on each side of the coin"

Does this mean only one of any of these special types on each side of the coin, or one of each on each side of the coin (ie. a glow, a glitter and a pearl). To me it reads that one a single one from any of these, but if one of each is ok, is it an extra cost for each one added (so if you have a glow and a pearl, it's the extra cost twice)?

Yes, we prefer to have only one of those colors on the coin design, and yes they do add additional cost to the coin.

Still no invitation in my mailbox, although I resent the mail via our (mostly unused) gmail account as well.

Time is turning. Could someone please let me in on this project?

Did you email Michael directly? It took me several emails to him to finally get an invite. Not sure what the holdup is for some of us. :sad:

Yes I did, via the e-mail address he provided on the forum. Should I retry once more via his geocaching.com account, you think?

Last week I was at the 1st International Earthcache event with limited email access. Those that emailed me directly hopefully had been added. I will try to keep up on the forums, but sending an email to Michael@oakcoins.com helps the process and makes it quicker.

I've received artwork for the Auckland coin - there are a couple of colouring mistakes, which I'm working through with Michael, no worries - but there seem to be a couple of issues with the actual coin itself and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

The levels on my artwork for approval don't match the levels on the artwork from avroair - some of the detail is shown as top level when on avroair's artwork they are shown as lower level that would be covered by colour. The areas of detail I'm referring to are: The square/spiral detail in the 2nd-from-outside ring (12 sided) on the front, the "dots and squiggly line" detail in the 4th-from-outside ring (circular), and the square/spiral detail around the very outside of the back of the coin, are all shown as top level whereas avroair's artwork shows them as below the top level and therefore covered by the colour applied to that area.

Has anyone else noticed this on theirs or is it just a mistake on the artwork sent to me?

Cheers

I have several questions.

Can avroair confirm these for the raised/semi-raised choices?

Front

1 – black is raised

2 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

3 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

4 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6 - black is raised

7 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

8 – gray “12-12-12 Multi Event 12-12-12” is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

Back

1 - ?? Is this the background behind the ?3? horizontal pointers? If so, then gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

2 – black is raised

3 – black is raised

4 – black is raised

6a – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6b – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

7 - ?? Is this the foreground of the ?3? horizontal pointers? If so, then black is raised.

Can someone from Geoswag answer...

Also, I have no way to prepare or submit artwork. Is submitting my colors good enough?

Lastly, there seems to be differing opinions on the “Opt In” for trade. If I buy 75 and opt in for trade, and lets say 25 others opt in. Do I still pay for 75, get 25 of the others and 50 of my own?

Just email me your color selections. I will have artwork drawn up for your approval. As for the trade, I will defer this to the way it has been done in the past. However, everyone who clicks on participate in the trade will recieve an email clarifying the total order and have the amount included.

I entered my color selections in the spreadsheet. Can you draw up the artwork from there?

Here is Manitoba, Canada's colours. These are a bit visually enhanced from the PMS colour choices. But the basic idea is there. We're using a copper finish and the outer ring on the backside will have no enamel. The center button on the front and the numbers on the back will use glow in the dark.

We've opted into the trade option.

1455c554-fd00-432c-a1bc-a48f901cdc99.jpg

AG compiled a list so far, if you're not on it, pipe up!

1. Avroair, Seattle WA

2. Hnielsen, Utah

3. DresselDragons, Pittsburgh PA

4. Woejam, Netherlands

5. Gorfner, Fayetteville NC

6. Djds Clan, Sacramento CA

7. Crowesfeat30, St Louis MO

8. ScifiCollector/Gelugon, Emerald Coast FL & Dt Walton Beach FL

9. CA Royal Flush, Bakersfield CA

10. E&Cplus3, Halifax Nova Scotia

11. Volanges, Newfoundland & Labrador

12. T@ndre, Guarda Portugal

13. AlliedOz, Perth Western Australia

14. LadyBee4t, Michigan

15. NoSnow, Twin Cities MN

16. AtlantaGal, Myrtle Beach SC

17. FunkyMunkyZone, Auckland NZ

18. Steben6, SoCal High Desert CA

19. Fatkidsotwunite, Columbus GA

20. Oaklakers, Eksjo Sweden

21. Manu Luq, Costa Brava Spain

22. Lizzardman, Manchester UK

23. Brave Defender, Scotland

24. Cache_Kitty, Indiana

25. Mo Pirate, St Joseph MO

26. Kini_Ont/Eltada/Wheezor, Central Ontario

27. Lucecitka, Praha Czech Republic

28. -gonefishing-, Wellington NZ

29. Doctor A, Fresno CA/Fredericksburg VA

30. BoTL, South Bohemia Czech Republic

31. Guwapo, Dunedin, NZ

32. Nessie3d & Ynka, Kontich Belgium

33. Sillygirl & Jrr, Honolulu HI

34. CCWelch, Cedar Rapids IA

35. Car Dinister, Devon UK

36. Longtomsilver, Koeln Germany (2 versions)

37. Sepp and Berta

38. JoenSue, New Jersey

39. Mar-elendili, Rances Switzerland

40. Ken Notaro/Peoria Geocachers, Peoria IL

41. Glacier_ice/MBGA, Winnipeg Manitoba

42. Three Bottles, Washington

43. Vanelle, Rochester NY

44. MMcgown, Long Island NY

Hi Mark,

Missing our 4 versions ;) (all of them will have an event at 12-12-12)

Lisbon - Portugal (lunchtime)

Sintra - Portugal (nightcache)

Figueira da Foz - Portugal

Madeira - Portugal

Best regards from Portugal,

Nuno, Xana & Fraldinhas - Team GeocacherZONE

Edited by Team GeocacherZONE

I don't know if anyone took advantage of or appreciates the AI (Adobe Illustrator) file that E&Cplus3 offered. Absolutely amazing. Lot's O' work involved in putting that out for us. Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU B) Wow! Well done!

Yes, It was a great to be able to use a templet like that.

THANK YOU!

I don't know if anyone took advantage of or appreciates the AI (Adobe Illustrator) file that E&Cplus3 offered. Absolutely amazing. Lot's O' work involved in putting that out for us. Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU B) Wow! Well done!

Yes, It was a great to be able to use a templet like that.

THANK YOU!

I tried but couldn't get it to work in Adobe Photoshop Elements. Maybe I was/am doing something wrong. :( It's too bad because it looked like an awesome file!

I'm back to the paint can.

Here is the artwork for the Dunedin, Wellington and Invercargill, New Zealand events.

2fc441f2-432c-451c-9213-0dec65676b2b.png?rnd=0.006660104

We are not participating in the trade, however any coins left over may be offered to other event hosts but this is not guaranteed.

Edit: Bad grammar!

Edited by Guwapo

Posting a pic of the artwork for the SoCal High Desert CA event. This has certainly been a learning experience. Don't know how I would have made it through without the invaluable help of atlantagal - thanks, Marianne! :)

There are problems with the artwork that Michael is still working on, but the picture is close to correct (the sun on the front side is supposed to be pms instead of transparent, but it's the right color in the picture). One of the things I learned is that, if you use the color chart for pms colors that is on the google doc, you need to use the actual color number and NOT the sequential number next to it.

97ff0c29-0e0d-4eb6-9f1e-4345df6ecd31.jpg

Edited by steben6

Can someone please tell me what the column on the spreadsheet that's entitled "Qty to Geoswag" means?

It means that if your group cannot afford or need the "minimum quantity" then Geoswag will buy the difference & sell them on their site to the general public. For example: the minimum quantity is 75 coins. If you or your group can only afford 50 coins - or only need 50 - then you will pay for the 50 you want/need and Geoswag will pay for the other 25 coins.

CF30

Wait, this had always been an option?

Well dang, that would have resolved a ton of the finanical issues I had always had about trying to get one of these events put together the last three years. I wish that it had been made more clear to those of use who haven't made a coin before... we don't know all those nice tricks.

:sad::angry:

Can someone please tell me what the column on the spreadsheet that's entitled "Qty to Geoswag" means?

It means that if your group cannot afford or need the "minimum quantity" then Geoswag will buy the difference & sell them on their site to the general public. For example: the minimum quantity is 75 coins. If you or your group can only afford 50 coins - or only need 50 - then you will pay for the 50 you want/need and Geoswag will pay for the other 25 coins.

CF30

Wait, this had always been an option?

Well dang, that would have resolved a ton of the finanical issues I had always had about trying to get one of these events put together the last three years. I wish that it had been made more clear to those of use who haven't made a coin before... we don't know all those nice tricks.

:sad::angry:

Don't know about "always" but it has been for the last several coins. I usually buy 100 for my event (paid for by SLAGA) and an additional 25 (paid for by me) so I can trade.

CF30

Don't forget to include your event GC #s on the spread sheet. :D

I will when I have one. A little too soon to post one here.

Ditto... we have two events... midnight and noon. Been doing that since we started... B)

What do you mean "too soon"? It is now less than 90 days which is what Groumdspeak allows.

I got feedback grom Groundspeak that they are working on a Souvenir for the Multi-event. :D :D

Just a question: we joined woejam's coin (via his order, thanks again for that B)), so our event (GC2C25A) is not listed on the spreadsheet.

How can we arrange that our attendees will receive the souvenir too? We're pretty sure a lot of geocachers would really love that.

I got feedback grom Groundspeak that they are working on a Souvenir for the Multi-event. :D :D

Just a question: we joined woejam's coin (via his order, thanks again for that B)), so our event (GC2C25A) is not listed on the spreadsheet.

How can we arrange that our attendees will receive the souvenir too? We're pretty sure a lot of geocachers would really love that.

It will likely just be automatically added to anyone who attends an event on 12-12-12. I don't imagine it will have to be one of the ones on the spreadsheet. We're having three here in Nova Scotia (two finishes, BTW), but only the main one is listed at the moment.

There was a miscommunication. I just learned that there will be a generic 12-12-12 souvenir, not specifically for this multi-event.

Everyone who logs a cache on that day, will get the souvenir, but for events which will happen in the weekend before or after, that does not work. They won't get the souvenir.

A bit disappointing.... :(

... I just learned that there will be a generic 12-12-12 souvenir, not specifically for this multi-event.

Everyone who logs a cache on that day, will get the souvenir ...

Thanks for the information :)

I find that interesting because GS didn't do a souvenir for 11-11-11. They did for 10-10-10 but that made sense because it celebrated the ten years of geocaching.

First time we participate (better late than never B) ), I've submitted our colours 2 weeks ago, asked Michael to make us a coloured example for approval.

I assume he must be very busy with all these different versions, orders, questions ... impatient people :anicute:

How long does it usually take to receive the artwork?

We had to decide our colours by Sept 15th, maybe we'd want to change some after seeing the artwork. Will we still have time to change?

Will we get an ordernr as soon as we approve the colours?

Is there a fixed price for the European coins? Geocachers are asking me how many eur the coin will be at the event? I saw that you will charge 12 USD, but I guess we still have to pay extra taxes and import-duties at the European border. Does anyone have experience with that?

So many questions,

Ynka

First time we participate (better late than never B) ), I've submitted our colours 2 weeks ago, asked Michael to make us a coloured example for approval.

I assume he must be very busy with all these different versions, orders, questions ... impatient people :anicute:

How long does it usually take to receive the artwork?

We had to decide our colours by Sept 15th, maybe we'd want to change some after seeing the artwork. Will we still have time to change?

Will we get an ordernr as soon as we approve the colours?

Is there a fixed price for the European coins? Geocachers are asking me how many eur the coin will be at the event? I saw that you will charge 12 USD, but I guess we still have to pay extra taxes and import-duties at the European border. Does anyone have experience with that?

So many questions,

Ynka

Which event is your event? I have most people at least a version 1. resend the email if not.