12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

Different colors are OK.

But green is green :)

See the test (in the image editor):

mince_test_xxx.jpg

Can anyone tell me the specific transparent color numbers used in these examples? Thanks

I'd guess these are:

Dark green #7

Dark purple #5

Light blue #21

Dark blue #8

Funny how colors look different on each computer...

Green 7

Red 1 or 2

Blue 21

Purple 5

I have several questions.

Can avroair confirm these for the raised/semi-raised choices?

Front

1 – black is raised

2 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

3 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

4 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

5 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6 - black is raised

7 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

8 – gray “12-12-12 Multi Event 12-12-12” is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

Back

1 - ?? Is this the background behind the ?3? horizontal pointers? If so, then gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

2 – black is raised

3 – black is raised

4 – black is raised

5 – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6a – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

6b – gray is semi raised (use translucent to see semi-raised)

7 - ?? Is this the foreground of the ?3? horizontal pointers? If so, then black is raised.

Can someone from Geoswag answer...

Also, I have no way to prepare or submit artwork. Is submitting my colors good enough?

Lastly, there seems to be differing opinions on the “Opt In” for trade. If I buy 75 and opt in for trade, and lets say 25 others opt in. Do I still pay for 75, get 25 of the others and 50 of my own?

Edited by C A Royal Flush

Can I get clarification on this:

"Only ONE glitter or glow or pearl enamel can be used on each side of the coin"

Does this mean only one of any of these special types on each side of the coin, or one of each on each side of the coin (ie. a glow, a glitter and a pearl). To me it reads that one a single one from any of these, but if one of each is ok, is it an extra cost for each one added (so if you have a glow and a pearl, it's the extra cost twice)?

Different colors are OK.

mince_test_xxx.jpg

Can anyone tell me the specific transparent color numbers used in these examples? Thanks

I'd guess these are:

Dark green #7

Dark purple #5

Light blue #21

Dark blue #8

Funny how colors look different on each computer...

Green 7

Red 1 or 2

Blue 21

Purple 5

Yes they must. I'll have to look at my desktop. To me the upper right is a red and the lower right is a purple.

Thanks for the replies!

Still no invitation in my mailbox, although I resent the mail via our (mostly unused) gmail account as well.

Time is turning. Could someone please let me in on this project?

Did you email Michael directly? It took me several emails to him to finally get an invite. Not sure what the holdup is for some of us. :sad:

Still no invitation in my mailbox, although I resent the mail via our (mostly unused) gmail account as well.

Did you email Michael directly? It took me several emails to him to finally get an invite. Not sure what the holdup is for some of us. :sad:

Yes I did, via the e-mail address he provided on the forum. Should I retry once more via his geocaching.com account, you think?

Yes I did, via the e-mail address he provided on the forum. Should I retry once more via his geocaching.com account, you think?

He doesn't seem to reply to his geocaching account. Maybe he's off for the holiday weekend? If it were me (and it was for a while), I'd email him again and I would also email avroair@sbcglobal.net He is on the google doc as somebody to contact with questions, and he's usually really helpful!

Is there a program available I can drop this design into and fill in my colors?(besides paint)

I used GIMP. Open the artwork in GIMP; create a new layer; lower new level to the bottom & filled with white. Then I colored the artwork level to "alpha" which makes it transparent (all that's left is the black & gray) and then "painted" the colors I wanted to use on the lowest (new) level like a canvas. A little time consuming but works beautifully.

CF30

If anyone uses Adobe Illustrator, I have created a vector version based on Avroair's original that will allow you to change the colours of each area easily. I also created layers so that you can move the colours in front or behind the 2nd level metal to simulate opaque vs translucent colours. Send me an email if you want a copy.

12-12-12levelsBW.jpg

While doing this I noticed that on the back #4 and #7 seem to be pointing to the same area (ie, the points radiating from the clock). Does this mean that these can alternate the same as the slices? Should they be labeled as 4a and 4b in the same manner?

Finally, we use the metric system here in Canada. Islander1988 and I are just over 100 km apart... does that count? :D

If anyone uses Adobe Illustrator, I have created a vector version based on Avroair's original that will allow you to change the colours of each area easily. I also created layers so that you can move the colours in front or behind the 2nd level metal to simulate opaque vs translucent colours. Send me an email if you want a copy.

12-12-12levelsBW.jpg

While doing this I noticed that on the back #4 and #7 seem to be pointing to the same area (ie, the points radiating from the clock). Does this mean that these can alternate the same as the slices? Should they be labeled as 4a and 4b in the same manner?

Finally, we use the metric system here in Canada. Islander1988 and I are just over 100 km apart... does that count? :D

Great work, thanks for that. I already sent you an email with a request for a copy!

Different colors are OK.

mince_test_xxx.jpg

Think these were done at a different mint, the colors do not match the colors that are used by the mint I believe these are being done at.

Edited by Atwell Family

Have we set a selling price for these yet? I already have people who know I am working on it asking for a price.

My vote is $12.00 I would say $12.12 but that is too many pennies to deal with. :)

Every year the price point comes up and there are many opinions on it, but ultimately the event organizer sets the price taking into account what the event goers can handle and overheads in minting and shipping, my shipping last year was $104 so the $11 dollars I set and felt reasonable as a price (along with may other event organizers) but that meant a smaller amount of profit from the coin sales to put back into the event... so it was a quiet affair, this year will be bigger so the coin price may increase to off set what I have planned.

Just my 12+ dollars worth :anibad:

Have we set a selling price for these yet? I already have people who know I am working on it asking for a price.

My vote is $12.00 I would say $12.12 but that is too many pennies to deal with. :)

Every year the price point comes up and there are many opinions on it, but ultimately the event organizer sets the price taking into account what the event goers can handle and overheads in minting and shipping, my shipping last year was $104 so the $11 dollars I set and felt reasonable as a price (along with may other event organizers) but that meant a smaller amount of profit from the coin sales to put back into the event... so it was a quiet affair, this year will be bigger so the coin price may increase to off set what I have planned.

We'll probably sell ours in Auckland, NZ, at 15-16NZD (approx 12USD). With the immense shipping cost to get these coins down here, it doesn't leave much in it at all, but we're used to shelling out a bit for our events here. We got a couple of sponsors for our event last year, and what they gave us, plus what we put in (and did not recoup hardly any of) amounted to between $2k and $3k. Everyone enjoyed it, so that's the main thing. This year will probably be pretty similar as we'll have an event on 12-12-12 plus a 12-12-12 "after-party" event on the following Saturday ;)

AG compiled a list so far, if you're not on it, pipe up!

1. Avroair, Seattle WA

2. Hnielsen, Utah

3. DresselDragons, Pittsburgh PA

4. Woejam, Netherlands

5. Gorfner, Fayetteville NC

6. Djds Clan, Sacramento CA

7. Crowesfeat30, St Louis MO

8. ScifiCollector/Gelugon, Emerald Coast FL & Dt Walton Beach FL

9. CA Royal Flush, Bakersfield CA

10. E&Cplus3, Halifax Nova Scotia

11. Volanges, Newfoundland & Labrador

12. T@ndre, Guarda Portugal

13. AlliedOz, Perth Western Australia

14. LadyBee4t, Michigan

15. NoSnow, Twin Cities MN

16. AtlantaGal, Myrtle Beach SC

17. FunkyMunkyZone, Auckland NZ

18. Steben6, SoCal High Desert CA

19. Fatkidsotwunite, Columbus GA

20. Oaklakers, Eksjo Sweden

21. Manu Luq, Costa Brava Spain

22. Lizzardman, Manchester UK

23. Brave Defender, Scotland

24. Cache_Kitty, Indiana

25. Mo Pirate, St Joseph MO

26. Kini_Ont/Eltada/Wheezor, Central Ontario

27. Lucecitka, Praha Czech Republic

28. -gonefishing-, Wellington NZ

29. Doctor A, Fresno CA/Fredericksburg VA

30. BoTL, South Bohemia Czech Republic

31. Guwapo, Dunedin, NZ

32. Nessie3d & Ynka, Kontich Belgium

33. Sillygirl & Jrr, Honolulu HI

34. CCWelch, Cedar Rapids IA

35. Car Dinister, Devon UK

36. Longtomsilver, Koeln Germany (2 versions)

37. Sepp and Berta

38. JoenSue, New Jersey

39. Mar-elendili, Rances Switzerland

40. Ken Notaro/Peoria Geocachers, Peoria IL

41. Glacier_ice/MBGA, Winnipeg Manitoba

42. Three Bottles, Washington

43. Vanelle, Rochester NY

44. MMcgown, Long Island NY

1. Avroair, Seattle WA

2. Hnielsen, Utah

4. Woejam, Netherlands

10. E&Cplus3/Islander1988, Nova Scotia

14. LadyBee4t, Michigan

24. Cache_Kitty, Indiana

31. Guwapo, Dunedin, NZ

37. Sepp and Berta

38. JoenSue, New Jersey

I'm co-hosting with Islander1988 now since we are less than 160km apart, and changing our 'location' to Nova Scotia.

Darn, I'd forgotten about shipping - and duty and exchange. I'm going to have to revise my price. Guess it's going to be $12 for me too. I'm assuming these have a special icon.

$12 sounds good to me.

I can't figure out how to submit a picture of my colors. I mean, I can take a picture of the one I colored in with crayon, but don't know how to do one on the computer. Is that mandatory or is just filling in the form going to be enough. I am just not that computer literate or even artsy. :wacko:

$12 sounds good to me.

I can't figure out how to submit a picture of my colors. I mean, I can take a picture of the one I colored in with crayon, but don't know how to do one on the computer. Is that mandatory or is just filling in the form going to be enough. I am just not that computer literate or even artsy. :wacko:

No the computer model is not necessary that is unless you want to show us :)

$12 sounds good to me.

email me a picture and we will help you out.

$12 sounds good to me.

email me a picture and we will help you out.

Do you mean my crayon picture?

Can someone please tell me what the column on the spreadsheet that's entitled "Qty to Geoswag" means?

It means that if your group cannot afford or need the "minimum quantity" then Geoswag will buy the difference & sell them on their site to the general public. For example: the minimum quantity is 75 coins. If you or your group can only afford 50 coins - or only need 50 - then you will pay for the 50 you want/need and Geoswag will pay for the other 25 coins.

CF30

Can someone please tell me what the column on the spreadsheet that's entitled "Qty to Geoswag" means?

It means that if your group cannot afford or need the "minimum quantity" then Geoswag will buy the difference & sell them on their site to the general public. For example: the minimum quantity is 75 coins. If you or your group can only afford 50 coins - or only need 50 - then you will pay for the 50 you want/need and Geoswag will pay for the other 25 coins.

CF30

Thanks. And you have to decide this ahead of time and determine how many you are going to give them?

CF30

Thanks. And you have to decide this ahead of time and determine how many you are going to give them?

Yup. ^_^

CF30

1. Avroair, Seattle WA

2. Hnielsen, Utah

4. Woejam, Netherlands

10. E&Cplus3, Halifax Nova Scotia

14. LadyBee4t, Michigan

24. Cache_Kitty, Indiana

31. Guwapo, Dunedin, NZ

37. Sepp and Berta

38. JoenSue, New Jersey

He he No. 35 should be Bar Sinister not Car Dinister