12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

So is the 100 miles from another event measured by the road / travel distance or by a straight line?

We are boarder line on distance from what I am sure will be another event in another state and with winter and mountain driving and the middle of the week, I would like to host one here, but I think the distance may be a problem.

The 100-mile rule mainly applies for same state events. If you are in another state, you should be okay.

Anyone who hasn't got an invite yet:

I don't see an email with your Email address, name, cacher name, and location. can you resend to Michael@oakcoins.com

There will be a second email going out with address, trade opt-in and minting quantities later next week.

I finally got my invite through my gmail. Will all subsequent emails be through the gmail or can I use my regular email address?

I have this same issue. I included both on the request just like Diane did.

Is this list for those that are getting the coin or organizing an event? I will be joining in with an event but will not have enough buyers to allow joining in with the coin, unfortunately :)

The list is for those who are joining in on the coin.

I'll be gone this coming week. I hope that we don't get the artwork to color then as I won't have internet access unless I drive miles and find a McD :laughing:

Is this list for those that are getting the coin or organizing an event? I will be joining in with an event but will not have enough buyers to allow joining in with the coin, unfortunately :)

I'll be gone this coming week. I hope that we don't get the artwork to color then as I won't have internet access unless I drive miles and find a McD :laughing:

The timeline is on the link that was posted above, and so is the paint-by-numbers artwork.

Colors Sumbitted by: September 15

Last day to opt in to trade: September 20

Art approved by: September 30

Payments received/Order by: October 5

International Shipping: November 10

Domestic Shipping: November 15

Hey Michael - The color areas on the spreadsheet did not match up with the artwork. You only had 5 listed for each Front & Back. There are 8 on the front and 7 on the back (well 8 if you count 6a 6b). Anyway, I edited your document to correctly match up with the provided artwork. Please check it.

Also the pricing says up to 6 colors per side. So even if that's what you were thinking, it was still wrong.

I am not able to access the link posted above. Says I need permission again. I had finally got a link to the spreadsheet and can access that, but not the new link. Is that a different document? :unsure:

The spreadsheet actually feeds into a section of the new link. He says to email him if you're still having problems.

For everyone else who like me selected "50" as their event coin quantity. Minimum order is 75. So you'll all need to edit that.

The timeline is on the link that was posted above, and so is the paint-by-numbers artwork.

Thanks I didn't realize that was a different link. I can get there but can't edit anything anymore. I won't be able to do much of anything though until I get back next week

Can we have artwork posted that distinguishes the lower levels on the artwork (ie: which ones you will need a translucent enamel to see)? I have not idea (other than the circuits) which details would be visible under translucents and which are not.

Yeah, that was confusing for me too. From doing so many of these things though, most of it is 1/2 raised or supposed to be. The art should have been done in gray for those areas!

Thanks I didn't realize that was a different link. I can get there but can't edit anything anymore. I won't be able to do much of anything though until I get back next week

I believe the spreadsheet is view only from the second link. You'll need the first to edit.

There have been changes in my planning, at that date I will not be able to commit to make an event, so it is preferable not to. Let's see if the next is possible.

Anyway I'll be happy buying any of your versions.

Happy event to all of you!

PD: email sent to Michael

Edited by manu luq

Can we have artwork posted that distinguishes the lower levels on the artwork (ie: which ones you will need a translucent enamel to see)? I have not idea (other than the circuits) which details would be visible under translucents and which are not.

Yes, This too, please!! :)

CF30

Yep. I have given Micheal a file without the lines and with 50% gray to show semi-raised.

CF30

Yep. I have given Micheal a file without the lines and with 50% gray to show semi-raised.

Got it!! Thank you! :D

CF30

CF30

CF30

where will I find this new art work, not seeing a link anywhere :huh:

Cheers

CF30

CF30

where will I find this new art work, not seeing a link anywhere :huh:

Cheers

Yes, it would be really useful if this was posted somewhere so *everyone* can see...

What is the "trade" part? I see a column on the spreadsheet where people are selecting yes and then a deadling to opt in to that, but I don't know what that means? Can someone explain it?

You pre-trade your event coin version with everyone who opts in. For those that opt in, they will receive one coin from everyone else who said "yes" and the same amount of your coins will be absent from the shipment.

What is the "trade" part? I see a column on the spreadsheet where people are selecting yes and then a deadling to opt in to that, but I don't know what that means? Can someone explain it?

IF you click yes on Trade participation you will get one of each coin of the people who participate in the trade. If 15 people participate in the trade we will add 14 more coins to your order.

IF you click yes on Trade participation you will get one of each coin of the people who participate in the trade. If 15 people participate in the trade we will add 14 more coins to your order.

And you remove the same amount from your own order?

ie We order 75 and opt in with the above example of 15 others so we get 61 of our design + 14 of the other varieties?

Helllo!!! is this thing on?

Still waiting on an update with the artwork showing levels, please make this available so we have a chance of making the project deadlines.

If it has been uploaded to the 12 12 12 Google site I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance

Even better, can we get a list that corresponds to the artwork stating whether or not each item has levels.

Example:

Front

1 - no levels

2 - levels (suggest transparent)

etc.

Also, what does the column "art work submitted" mean? Does that mean colors submitted, and should it be a date?

And you remove the same amount from your own order?

ie We order 75 and opt in with the above example of 15 others so we get 61 of our design + 14 of the other varieties?

Yes

Helllo!!! is this thing on?

Still waiting on an update with the artwork showing levels, please make this available so we have a chance of making the project deadlines.

If it has been uploaded to the 12 12 12 Google site I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance

Even better, can we get a list that corresponds to the artwork stating whether or not each item has levels.

Example:

Front

1 - no levels

2 - levels (suggest transparent)

etc.

Also, what does the column "art work submitted" mean? Does that mean colors submitted, and should it be a date?

There are levels on just about every area. Some don't mind covering them up with glitter/glow/pearl/solid pms.

It means you sent your colored version mock up along with your color selections to Michael.

CF30

CF30

I'm still not seeing any artwork with the grey lines to indicate semi-raised metal vs raised metal. I'm not really sure what the boundaries for colour are.

I understand the concern about limited coloration but we had a similar issue with the poppy on the 11-11-11 Multi event coin and there was enough variation with the other areas to color/metal choices that most people were satisfied. As for circuit board coloration being primarily green, that is true but there has been great looking coins with tech based themes using other transparent colors. Digital Hell, the Czech UFO coins, The Pirate Bones series to name a few.

121212BacksideA.jpg

Edited to show mock-up of various transparents

Different colors are OK.

But green is green :)

See the test (in the image editor):

mince_test_xxx.jpg

Can anyone tell me the specific transparent color numbers used in these examples? Thanks