12-12-12 Multi Event

avroair

I know 12-21-12 is the end of the world, but what's to stop us preparing for it or partying, 9 days early! Was thinking of a Mayan themed multi-event coin for 12-12-12. :unsure:

After partying for 9 days waiting for the end <_< I may wish it would end :blink: Looking forward to seeing the trinket :D

Edited by kini_ont

We are in for a Minnesota event. I all ready have some e-mail "Will Attend" for 12-12-12. Here the day of the week isn't such a big deal, as our 2-29-12, which is on Wednesday, already have 67 "will attend". And as mention it easier to find a place to hold that many cacher on a Wednesday then a weekend.

I'm not into all this end of the world thing, this is merely the start of a new era, doesn't that sound more exciting?

How about a totally innovative coin to celebrate that? Everybody was waiting for a Mayan thing, why not do something different and surprising?

In any case, I already promised I would be in for the Swiss event and coin, so I'm joining in!

Here's an FAQ:

A gallery of previous multi-event coins can be seen: Here. B0tl's coins

What is a multi-event?

A multi-event is a group of event locations that share the same theme and geocoin (with the same icon).

Who can host an 11-11-11 Multi-event?

Anyone! An individual, geoaching organization or group.

Are there any restrictions on where I can host my event?

The event format is totally up to you. The only rule is that events that don't share the same color combination be more than 100 miles apart. Two events with the same color/metal combination have no distance restrictions.

What if two people would like to do an event but they live within 100 miles?

Avroair stays out of regional disputes. I would suggest the two hosts work together on the same coin or find some other solution amicably. Preference will be given to a veteran event host over new host if parties can't agree. Options such as sharing a coin, moving events further apart or dropping one event have worked in the past.

Who designs the coins?

Avroair, although the design is posted in the forums and critiqued by the other hosts. The design is meant to be versatile so that many color and metal combinations are available. The coins are trackable at GC.com and have a custom icon shared by all the versions. Avroair is open to other people's designs.

What can I customize (what will make my coin unique)?

There are two main options:

1. Choice of metal finish (antiquing adds to the cost)

2. Choice of color enamel fills. The color options include sub-options like glitter, glow, translucent and pearl enamels. Some of these options add to the costs to the coin.

What's the minimum order size?

Minimum order is generally 50 coins. But there is a price break for ordering 100 coins. There is also a 25 coin buy back program where you can opt to have the vendor sell them for you. This is available before you get your coins.

How much do the coins cost?

Depends on what options you use. But typically starts at $6.00 per coin. The hosts decide on the retail price as a group. The 12-12-12 coin will probably be large and intricate.

How do I pick colors, metal and enamels?

Avroair will provide a 'color by numbers' outline of the coin artwork used for picking colors and enamels.

What happens if two hosts submit exact or similar colors?

The host who handed in their colors second will be asked to alter their colors.

Will we see mint artwork?

Yes, you will have a chance to approve mint artwork to make sure colors are correctly chosen. But there is no opportunity to change your colors at that stage, just confirm they are correct.

Will we get a sample?

Only if time permits and we only do samples of the first 2-4 coins submitted.

When will the coins be delivered?

Two weeks before your event. You will get a shipping notice when this happens.

How much is shipping?

Depends based on whether you are an international event host and how many coins you ordered.

How can I trade to get more of the versions?

There will be an opt in where each event host gets one of every other version that opted in. For instance if we have 40 versions, 25 hosts opt in, then 24 of your coins will be put in the opt in and you get 24 different versions, one from each event host.

Can I pre-sell the coins?

Reservations for coins is allowed, but these are event coins, they should be sold at an event.

Can I trade them before the events?

Only with other hosts. It's preferable not to have them sold on the open market before 12-12-12.

Can I buy a coin version for my shop and sell them?

No, please refrain from just commercially selling them on a website. This is an event coin, please take the time to list an event.

What should I do with extra coins after the event?

Anything you want, they are yours. Trade, sell, melt down...

Does Avroair or any of the other hosts have any thoughts on designs for a 12/12/12 coin?

The 11/11/11 coin had a clock face on one side with the hands at 11:11. While a clock face would be an easy choice for 12/12 having already done it the previous year would, in my view, be a little tiresome and give the coin less value.

What do other hosts think about a 12 sided coin to add to the uniqueness and differentiate it from others in the series? I'm not sure if such a design would add to the cost or not. Others may know and be able to share.

Does Avroair or any of the other hosts have any thoughts on designs for a 12/12/12 coin?

I know 12-21-12 is the end of the world, but what's to stop us preparing for it or partying, 9 days early! Was thinking of a Mayan themed multi-event coin for 12-12-12. :unsure:

I think he may have an idea :ph34r::P

<snip>

What do other hosts think about a 12 sided coin to add to the uniqueness and differentiate it from others in the series? I'm not sure if such a design would add to the cost or not. Others may know and be able to share.

I think this is a great idea, if not 12 sides lets look into doing a BIG (knock your socks off) coin for the final of the date series, well final for our lifetimes at least... :smile:

I'm sure the additional cost per coin should we go shaped or large would be something that could be easily passed onto the purchasers at the event if the design was **WOW**

Plus considering how early this has been kicked off it would also be a good opportunity to go through several different ideas for coins and get host input. Of course not everyone will be pleased or have their ideas incorporated but who knows there maybe that brilliant idea out there just waiting to be put forward for this coin. :anicute:Just to clarify I have no brilliant ideas