GPX files and BaseCamp

bradwwood

OK, so, I've got this 62sc. Its pretty cool (just got it). It has extra storage, I can save stuff like crazy.

I got the premium membership, I can save GPX files, I can do pocket queries and get thousands of caches loaded on to my new toy.

so, is there anyway to see those caches when I'm in BaseCamp?

The only thing I seem to be able to display is tracks and waypoints I made either with the unit or in BaseCamp.

???

thanks

edit: I should clarify. I have the GPX files loaded on the SD card. If I put them in main memory on the unit, they show up in BaseCamp

Edited by bradwwood

I dunno, maybe I answered my own question.

If I move the gpx files back from the SD card to the main memory, then "send to" "My Collection", that works. Maybe a preferable method since this way I can view the stuff without having the unit on.

so, follow up question would be - where is the data in "My Collection" saved?

thanks

hmmm. waypoints, tracks, and geocache files, (the later both being .gpx files) aren't showing up. the folder structure on the SD card is Garmin/GPX. They all show up on the unit when I turn it on, so I just assumed it was in the correct place.

As for where the data in 'My collection' is saved, it depends what the data is

ummm, waypoints, tracks, and cache files? Maps?

thanks

for reference, here is what BC looks like. That folder is grayed out, which in other programs and systems, tells me it is inactive in some way. I'm new to BC and this is a brand new download/install.

basecamp.jpg

I know for sure there is data on the SD card. The NW Topo shown is installed on the GPSr and displays correctly on the unit. All my GPX files are on the card, and the GPS itself sees all the Cache's and works perfectly.

thanks

Edited by bradwwood

Are the GPX files just copied to the root directory on the card ? If so, the unit can't find them.

They need to be placed in a \Garmin\GPX\folder on the card.

Also in your example above, you should also be seeing a folder "SD card" just above/below the "All Data" folder....it's not there.

Card making good contact and "locked" in?

What do you see on your PC in Windows Explorer when you look at the file tree?

Edited by Grasscatcher

good idea DFX, but no go. I changed it to Garmin-SD as suggested. It shows up in BC with new name, but still grayed out and nothing displays in BC when it is selected.

I should re-iterate - the GPS reads these GPX files and the NW Topo which is stored on the SD along with the GPX files, all works fine

I appreciate the input and help so far everyone. At the end of the day, this isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice if it worked

Edited by bradwwood

What is the "Garmin E"?

My interpretation of what "Garmin H" is is that it is your GPS.... and it is showing contents of the internal memory...only. And, as such, it doesn't appear to me that it is seeing the SD card.

My file tree shows "Garmin GPS Map78S (G)", then immediately below it, as another drive, "SD Card (H)"

What's confusing to me is that daily track files and daily waypoint files are in that location (H if that is supposed to be your card). Did you manually place those there?

Edited by Grasscatcher

ummm.... be cautious installed BC beta folks. The screenie I took above was during its first launch after install. Once closed, it won't open.

I'm attempting to go backwards at this point.

It looks like the new version will be nice, but not yet

Edited by bradwwood