Night Caching!

Turtle_Sask

Hello fellow geocachers! I thought that I would share with you a fun experience that I had while geocaching today! I had a late class today at University and by the time I was done it was about 10pm. I knew of a couple geocaches on University campgrounds that I have not yet attempted because of the fear of someone (most likely a lot of people) noticing me find the cache and risk the matter of someone messing with it or just in general not wanting to be seen looking around a tree while hundreds walk by to there next classes. So I thought that I would try finding two caches nearby after my class when there is less people around. And let me tell you caching at night adds another fun factor to this hobby!

There aren't that many people walking around the campus grounds at night but for the few that are you can practice your stealth skills like hiding behind a rock or a tree or even just staying still to not attract attention towards you in the tree or bush. Anyway it was fun looking for the two caches at night and I thought I was wondering how many of you go geocaching at night? Im going to start doing this for more of those caches that you would be seen by muggles during daylight!

cheers!

I knew of a couple geocaches on University campgrounds that I have not yet attempted because of the fear of someone (most likely a lot of people) noticing me find the cache and risk the matter of someone messing with it or just in general not wanting to be seen looking around a tree while hundreds walk by to there next classes.

For that reason I prefer to go caching on university campuses on the weekends when there are few/no class in session and few people on campus.

Night caching is fun. We have only done it once and it was a fun cache. Specifically for night caching. The coordinates brought you to a spot and you had to use your flashlight to spot reflectors on trees that could only be seen in the dark. They would lead you to a spot where the cache could be found in a 50ft radius on the final reflectors.