Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Flyingcompass

Any SOTA activators?

Just wondering if theres anyone on here who is involved in Summits On The Air as well as GC?

Martin G7MRV

I'm just starting into this SOTA adventure. Name is Bill, call is K7WCB. I will be doing a couple, maybe 3 this year in Oregon, US when I do a check on a cache I have. This year will be 2m. Hopefully by next year my Elecraft K1 will be bought and built and my cw skills will be good enough to tackle 15, 20, 40, and 80 meters. I'm also hoping to work an FT-817 into the budget for next year for some SSB as well. All 3 peaks that I am looking at have not been activated as of yet so I may have the first activation on all 3 in the same week. If you lookup "goathiker" on youtube and watch the 2 videos on the Eagle Cap Wilderness, that is fairly close geographically to where I hope to do some SOTA. I visit the mountains across the valley every year for a week or so. It is the Elkhorn Mountain Range in the Wallowa-Whitman Nation Forest in Oregon. When I get up to elevation there I have a very good view of the Eagle Cap Wilderness Area.

Just wondering if theres anyone on here who is involved in Summits On The Air as well as GC?

Martin G7MRV

N0HIO here, I've helped activate only one summit prior to some health issues that has me slightly grounded (still can do park n grabs etc). Will be back on the Summits later this year I hope. Primary area is the FR/W0 section. Will be using a Yaesu 857D with BuddiPole.

oops have to fix that sig file.. should be Twitter: @N0HIO

Edited by Justified