Possibly the worst container ever?

Stoka

If I could tell it was obviously plastic then whatever.

It kind of brings me back to when I was little and there was this store where my grandparents lived that had a display of fake grenades. It had some little sign and you could pull the pin out of one and if it didn't explode then you lived and if the store blew up then well, yeah. I can't really remember the point of it, but the grenades always scared me because to my dumb little mind they looked pretty real. Hopefully I'm smarter now....

There have been a couple times people want to know if a fake hand-grenade would make a good travel bug. Those were pretty realistic and no they would not be acceptable. Even to the point of getting it locked down.

That cache, while would probably fall under bad idea/think again is more likely a poor container for not being water tight. Hey but it's cool. No, no it's not. It's a lame piece of trash that looks cool.

OK, I looked at this guys Youtube channel. For the life of me, I can't understand the desire to post video's of other people's geocaches to Youtube, either this guy, or the famous Sven incident in the UK.

By the way, here's another one of his vids that will really rile people up. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUymHmRwrkY&context=C3f91ea1ADOEgsToPDskKaKV9jaz6r_OSuwBM6aQxJ

EDIT: I gave up on embedding, but the link should work.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

OK, I looked at this guys Youtube channel. For the life of me, I can't understand the desire to post video's of other people's geocaches to Youtube, either this guy, or the famous Sven incident in the UK.

http://www.youtube.c...z6r_OSuwBM6aQxJ

OMG!!! That guy touched that thing like... I dunno... ten times? and he is still alive?

I sure wish he'd learn that geocache is one word, not two, though.

http://www.youtube.c...z6r_OSuwBM6aQxJ

OMG!!! That guy touched that thing like... I dunno... ten times? and he is still alive?

I sure wish he'd learn that geocache is one word, not two, though.

Or not refer to the website as Geospeak.com. Not on that video, but another one. The guy was not hard to find, he named that electical box Geocache, despite the fact he says his video's are not spoilers. Joined 6 days ago. I think Sven found a disciple in Arizona. :o

Why wouldn't he be?

Think about it. If it were lethal to touch, fiddle with, lean on, or even stand on that equipment, would it be out in the open with no chain link fence, strong lock, and big warning signs? In litigative 21st century America?

Now, breaking off the locks, opening the doors, unscrewing the panels, and sticking your hand inside... sure, that's a bad idea. But you're not going to get hurt just by walking up and putting your paws on it.

The worst cache I've seen (Thank God only on youtube) a little plastic box with real dog [poop] on top and inside the box. A little joke from the owner, <_< not my taste and thankfully very quick archivied.

Edited by Keystone
Potty language removed by moderator.

Blah. I never watch geocaching online. I prefer to do my caching in real life. :D

The electric boxes are probably illegal, that's the kind of cache I don't even slow the car down for, and I didn't bother to look at the first video, because I can already tell it's a lousy container.

While I agree that it might look fake and nobody should mistaken it for the real thing, bomb squads across america are blowing up containers that have no resemblance to an explosive so I agree that it is a terrible container in an urban setting. Out in the middle of nowhere in the woods? Fun container.

You have to think where some peoples thoughts are if they accidentally find a cache that looks like a hand grenade.

Big Brother wants people scared…

Think about “Zero Tolerance” in schools a 6 year old can be suspended from school for bringing a little green plastic army man holding a gun to play with.

Those are in most caches around my area.

There have been a couple times people want to know if a fake hand-grenade would make a good travel bug. Those were pretty realistic and no they would not be acceptable.

Nevertheless, I came across one recently. It was in a cache in a park in a large town here in the UK, and I found it a few weeks after the infamous Wetherby incident (where Army Bomb Squad destroyed a geocache believing it to be a bomb.)

Imagine how this must have looked from a distance:

"I wonder what that chap is doing over there?"

"Oh look....he's putting a hand-grenade in a plastic box and hiding it in the bushes".

IMG_3704a.jpg

Sometimes I think we are our own worst enemies.

lefthanded99

Edited by lefthanded99