I've fallen foul of a guideline

At the start of the year I hid a cache called "New Years Resolution". It's in a public park and consists of a hidden panel under some outdoor gym equipment, which includes a sit up bench, chin up bars, and various weight activities including a bench press.

The cache was published, and the reviewer checked google earth, which uses a photo older than the equipment, and approved it. Today I received an email stating that the reviewer had it brought to their attention that the cache was on the gym, and I must move or archive the cache.

I've searched, but I can't find any guidelines on the issue. I'm aware of avoiding children's play areas for obvious reasons, but I can't think of a reason for avoiding this adult equipment on the other side of the park. Please can someone point me in the right direction before I archive this. It sounds as though I am in the wrong as not only has the reviewer asked me to archive it, but someone has obviously complained to the reviewer too. I just want to be certain before I nuke a cache that I'm the proud creator of.

I don't see an issue with the cache. I looked at the cache page, and using Google Earth looked around the area. There is a Church across the street. Is this Church also a School? If not then I don't see the issue. There is caches placed on physical fitness equipment in the U.S.

Best bet would be to e-mail the reviewer to find out what the exact problem is. Of course be polite when you e-mail them. Maybe they can give you suggestions on how to fix the issue.

Edited by kayak-cowboy

Suggest you get the person who gave you permission to email TPTB to state it's ok there. It may be that they think it's a kiddies playground which is why they have taken the action they have. Always dubious caching in such locations... Email the reviewer to ask why.

Seems odd to me too but I like the polite, non-confrontational approach you have take. Too often people come here throwing their toys about.

I would question the suggestion of asking the equipment owner to comment. After all I doubt very much if many bench owners had given explicit permission for their equipment to be used in this way. If that argument is taken to its conclusion, although I have no evidence, I suspect 90-95% of caches would be archived.

No, I suspect the reviewer wrongly assumed it was a children's playground.