Geocoin Project - Lucha Libre!

ECplus3

llbanner.jpg

Lucha libre (Spanish, literally 'free fight') is Mexican professional wrestling, and is the second most popular sport in Mexico behind soccer. It is characterized by rapid sequences of holds, high-flying maneuvers and -- of course - colourful masks.

Lucha libre wrestlers are known as luchadores and are traditionally divided into two catagories. The técnicos (good guys) who play by the rules and use more complex moves, and the rudos (tough guys) who are generally brawlers who bend or break the rules.

Which camp do you fall into? Time to take sides!

Welcome to the Lucha Libre Project! Get your own personalized Lucha Libre coins made. They'll be trackable, with their own unique icon (if I get enough orders, I will spring for an icon for each faction).

Size: 38mm (1.5") tall x 25mm (1.0") wide

Thickness: 3mm

Tracking codes will be on the top edge of the coin. You can customize the back with up to 14 characters of engraved text above the words EL CAMPEÓN DEL MUNDO ('Champion of the World'). You have the choice of three platings (gold, silver, black nickel).

You will have a choice between 3 different mask styles, each with 4 different colour areas to customize. There are also two different back designs to choose from, signifying your choice of the rudos team or the técnicos team, each with 2 different colour areas to customize. So, before you even get to the colour choices, that is 18 possible coin configurations! (front, back, finish)!

llpromo1.jpg

The minimum order is 20 coins, and each lot of 20 needs to be all one design (front/back choices, colours, plating, and engraving). The price is $7.50 US per coin, for a total of $150. There will be a slight increase if you would like glitter enamel, glow-in-the-dark enamel, or antique finish. Shipping will be a flat $10 to Canada and the US; $20 overseas.

If you are interested, send an email to luchalibrecoin@gmail.com. Include your gecaching name and the email address you want correspondence sent to.

Cool project. Thanks for sharing... I am one of those wrestlers who are identified as the rudos (break the rules) faction. I already own a lucha libre mask for several years now but due to a serious match involving a pocket gopher and a horseshoe, I have not competed for a couple of years now. Also not sure if I have $150 disposable income at this time.