Tomb Raider official partnership coming up?

thebruce0

I can't wait to see the photo challenge. I wonder if reviewers will be removing any scantily clad Lara Croft look alikes. :unsure:

I can see more perverts joining GS to see those pictures. :blink:

no more than those who view the "nudist" caches that are out there.

Yes, but I dont find those very nice to look at but hey... each to their own.

Is there any new info that can be passed on to the geocaching community? As i mentioned to one of the "Big guys" i'll be glad to be on the force to help enact this project but i would something to go on to start preplanning.

I think the project fell through after some members bought up some concerns.

Is there any new info that can be passed on to the geocaching community? As i mentioned to one of the "Big guys" i'll be glad to be on the force to help enact this project but i would something to go on to start preplanning.

I think the project fell through after some members bought up some concerns.

Just a personal guess, or do you have some insider information?

Since this venture had strong ties with the soon to be retired Geocache Challenges i guess it makes sense why those in the know refused to answer any questions regarding it's status. It's just irritating to be know SOMEONE with info has read this post but has not left any kind of feedback. How long has this just sat here? I might have to start my Tomb Raider project... I want it out by March, for those of us who actually spend a good deal of time creating something worthwhile that isn't much time...

Did anyone ever get an answer on this? Do we know if the project is dead or just in limbo at the moment?

I'm curious about this too. Is there any up to date info?

I would have to agree that with the retirement of challenges that this promotion may be dead. That being said though, I believe the game is scheduled to come out in March and we may hear more about the promotion as that date gets closer. Either way it would be nice to know if the promotion has been canned or not

Honestly I like the travel bug promotions better. The jeeps were great. The diabetes bugs were cool.

What's cool about those campaigns is almost everyone gets a chance to find one before they disappear into collector's hands. And then it's over and we can wait until the next cool campaign.

Not so much with the Ape caches. There were only a few and they were out of reach for most without making a special trip. Of course the scarcity was the attraction for many.

That's probably one reason behind combining this with challenges. That will make it accessible to more people. I just haven't seen any interesting challenges yet.

Weren't the 2005 White Jeep TBs "Tomb Raider" Jeeps? I know the Rubicon launched in 2003, and had the "Tomb Raider Edition" in that year as well, but I remember there being some kind of special thing about the Wranglers they chose to use for that TB promotion.

If that is the case, this isn't the first time Groundspeak has thought of partnering with the Tomb Raider franchise.

What I'd rather see is a substantial Jeep Rubicon Anniversary Edition tie-in with Groundspeak. But, that's just me!

Edited by NeverSummer