Totally blank logs again

Mr.Yuck

There hasn't been a totally blank log thread in a long time, because I thought they changed all the official Groundspeak smartphone apps so you had to enter some text. Of course there are authorized and unauthorized third party apps. My suspicions were sort of confirmed when the husband of a husband/wife team in my area had dropped his first 400 or so logs blank on us, but has for several months been "forced" to drop TFTC logs on us.

So yesterday, for the first time since probably early summer 2011, I get a totally blank log on one of my caches; also the first one I've seen since then, whether my cache or not. And the guy found 6 caches, all yesterday, and all 6 logs totally blank. What gives? Paperless GPS maybe?

Using the space bar key on the iphone app will allow a basically blank log submission.

I only have used this method while racing for a FTF (and only once, now I post the time) so the FTF hounds will know the FTF is gone. It bothers me when I see no found it logs on-line yet when I get to a cache it had been found several hours before.

Of course I always edit and add information when I return home and have access to a 'real' keyboard.

Using the space bar key on the iphone app will allow a basically blank log submission.

I only have used this method while racing for a FTF (and only once, now I post the time) so the FTF hounds will know the FTF is gone. It bothers me when I see no found it logs on-line yet when I get to a cache it had been found several hours before.

Of course I always edit and add information when I return home and have access to a 'real' keyboard.

Mystery solved. I just posted a totally blank note to one of my own caches on the Windows Phone App. OK, don't tell anyone, because I don't like blank logs. :P

Mystery solved. I just posted a totally blank note to one of my own caches on the Windows Phone App. OK, don't tell anyone, because I don't like blank logs. :P

Jeeze.

You would think Groundspeak would either figure out how to create a decent app, or just get out of the business and let someone who knows what they are doing cover it.

Of course Jeremy has officially stated that blank logs are perfectly acceptable, so they are covered for whatever app might be developed for any future platform. <_<

Just delete the blank logs...

:o:blink::ph34r:

From your email client.

I must be slow tonight, I totally don't get it, Geobain. :blink:

The website never allowed you to enter blank logs, and with a paperless GPS, you do have to go through the website in the end.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. I cleared out about 25 field notes today. Things I marked as found in my GPS, things I posted "found the geocache xxxx" to Twitter, ect.. Not that there's any chance I'd mistakenly upload them to the website.

And you know what I was right all along that totally blank logs are rude. I even felt rude posting a blank note to my own cache. :P