Leap day

Roman!

When will the Souvenir be awarded?

You should have received it already. You might want to send an email to contact@geocaching.com - they should (eventually) be able to assign the souvenir to your account.

Out of curiosity, when you logged your Leap Day find did do the logging directly on the web site, or through an app? And did you do the actual logging on the 29th itself, or on the day after?

I found the cache on route to work and logged it using my Blackberry. There was a bit of a faf with the wrong date at first!

I will send an e mail and see what happens

Out of curiosity, when you logged your Leap Day find did do the logging directly on the web site, or through an app? And did you do the actual logging on the 29th itself, or on the day after?

I'd bet that they logged through the app, but it logged as the wrong day. They then went back in and edited their log to the correct date. You wouldn't receive the souvenir in this scenario.

@cheetahella: Like cache_test_dummies suggested, send an email to contact@geocaching.com and they can manually add the souvenir for you.

That is exactly what happened!

I have sent an e mail and will see what happens

So Groundspeak did we set a new record? I did find something but it was all greek to me!

Yes. From a Latitude 47 blog:

The previous all-time record was set on October 10, 2010 or 10-10-10. On that date 78,313 distinct accounts logged a cache.

As of 2:30pm PST on March 7, 2012 - 83,516 …geocaching accounts logged caches on Leap Day 2012. All told, geocachers logged nearly 300,000 finds and logs on Leap Day.