Can I have my killfiles now?

parkrrrr

Please?

Okay, James was annoying, I'll admit, but this new crop of trolls-for-trolling's-sake is just out-and-out stupid. Can't I please add majicman, boblog, and anyone who mentioned the word "Mitsuko" in the past two days to my killfile?

warm.gif

There have been times that I've wanted the same thing. I found that I almost never agree with anything that James says, but at least he is real (I think) and I do read his posts.

As for BobLog, I think that one would be quick on my killfile too. The "attractive Japanese female sockpuppet" thing was fun to watch (for me at least). Majicman's forum persona is pretty much the same as him in person (never at a loss for a joke, a pun, or scatological story).

In addition to killfiles, I think there should be a 20 day waiting period on posting to the forums after the fifth find. That or users have to read every post in 'General' and 'Getting Started' for the past month before posting. Oh gee, am I being an elitist now? icon_rolleyes.gif

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

There have been times that I've wanted the same thing. I found that I almost never agree with anything that James says, but at least he is real (I think) and I do read his posts.

As for BobLog, I think that one would be quick on my killfile too. The "attractive Japanese female sockpuppet" thing was fun to watch (for me at least). Majicman's forum persona is pretty much the same as him in person (never at a loss for a joke, a pun, or scatological story).

In addition to killfiles, I think there should be a 20 day waiting period on posting to the forums after the fifth find. That or users have to read every post in 'General' and 'Getting Started' for the past month before posting. Oh gee, am I being an elitist now? icon_rolleyes.gif

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

Why don't you come over to alt.rec.goecaching and you can block anyone you want!

icon_wink.gif

Actually I've seen other "BBS" versions similar to this one that we user here that support ignoring a user.

Cheers,

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Why don't you come over to alt.rec.goecaching and you can block anyone you want!

icon_wink.gif

Actually I've seen other "BBS" versions similar to this one that we user here that support ignoring a user.

Cheers,

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

OK, maybe its my own warped sense of humor, but the comic trolls never really bothered me. I guess because I thought they were funny as hell, and enjoyed some of the offtopic stuff, compared to the usual 5 subjects being rehashed by the latest group of forum posters.

HOWEVER......

There have been, and are now, just some posters that just sem to NEVER have anything at all to contribute, not helpful, not geocaching related, not even funny. I really don't want to have to wade thru someones attempt to post 300 msgs in one night, nor do I care to read posts from people who only have negative things to post about fellow cachers.

So I guess I'm resurrecting this thread to see if there is any interest yet in this feature? I don't really see any downside to having it, but I'm willing to hear arguements for not having it. So do we need a killfile for forum posters

Illegitimus non carborundum!

I've seen other web sites with a forum design pretty much identical to this one... I'm assuming it is some sort of software package, so maybe there isn't even an option for killfiles or ignoring folks.

I know that all of the actual geocaching.com site is developed and tweaked by Jeremey and the powers that be, but perhaps the forum package is just "make do with what we're givin ya" or something. *shrug*

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

You are correct, the forum software is designed by and hosted by another company. It does seem that Infopop is receptive in general to adding features that users request, and I would guess that a big spender like Jeremy (given the prices listed at Infopop) would carry a bit more weight then some others if he requested it. Also it appears that our forums are beta testers for their software, so if they do decide to add it as a feature, we would be among the 1st to know.

Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I've seen other web sites with a forum design pretty much identical to this one... I'm assuming it is some sort of software package, so maybe there isn't even an option for killfiles or ignoring folks.

I know that all of the actual geocaching.com site is developed and tweaked by Jeremey and the powers that be, but perhaps the forum package is just "make do with what we're givin ya" or something. *shrug*

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/index.html

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?
[/quote

Illegitimus non carborundum!