Block Party 2012

3,134 miles away. (sigh...)

Did you move? Searching for a cache in Seattle show it was 2234 miles from me in central NY. But, it's not the miles that would keep me from the Block Party. Airfare for travel a few months in the future is about $390 (which is actually quite a bit lower than it usually is). A couple nights in a hotel is going to add and addition $300. Add at least a couple hundred more for food and a rental car it could easily cost almost $1000 to attend and that's all expenses that would not be incurred by those that have the luxury of living nearby.

3,134 miles away. (sigh...)

Did you move? Searching for a cache in Seattle show it was 2234 miles from me in central NY. But, it's not the miles that would keep me from the Block Party. Airfare for travel a few months in the future is about $390 (which is actually quite a bit lower than it usually is). A couple nights in a hotel is going to add and addition $300. Add at least a couple hundred more for food and a rental car it could easily cost almost $1000 to attend and that's all expenses that would not be incurred by those that have the luxury of living nearby.

I wonder if they've ever considered a "traveling" block party?

Even if block parties were held in other cities we wouldn't discuss them here. A mod would quickly move the thread to the appropriate regional forum but apparently as long as it's a thread about an event takes place in Washington it's okay to keep it in the general geocaching topics forum.