Thank you Groundspeak

Sol seaker

So often people write about complaints here.

I'd like to see what has worked for people, for a change.

One big thing I see working more and more all the time, is the "favorite points."

I just saw another instance of them working well.

There's a local cacher who has put out some of the best caches in the area.

Before the favorite points, he seemed to have become discouraged because people were damaging his incredible caches. He disabled them and said he didn't know if and when he'd fix them. He had quit putting out new caches.

Now he's seeing how much people really appreciate the hard, creative work he puts into his caches. He's got hundreds of favorite points on them, and is putting out new caches again.

He puts out the best and most incredible caches, so I'm so glad that these people who are such great assets to our community are getting the appreciation they deserve. He now is able to know that people appreciate his work. I'm sure it is helping offset the few who may still be damaging them. He seems a lot more positive now. We need to keep people like this happy.

This is only one example of the many ways favorite points are helping out.

Another is that I hear of people trying to place caches that get more favorite points now. I hear more people going for quality rather than quantity.

Thank you Groundspeak for this great idea that is really improving the game!!

What else is working out there?

I totally agree!

Favo points have a positive effect on my caches, they are now valued.

Favo points help and make it easier for the cacher to separate "the wheat from the chaff".

I consider to archive all my caches with zero Favo points to bring the quality of the caches to a higher level.

Thx GS for the superb feature!

And I'd like to say thank you for this forum. Many issues with the use of the website or with the mobile apps can be taken care of by geocachers helping other geocachers. I suspect that most of the time these can be tackled in either the Getting Started Forum or the the General Geocaching Topic Forum. However, a separate forum for Community Q&A may encourage more questions by those put off a bit by the tone of discussion in other places. Hopefully this will moderated to make people feel comfortable asking question and to ensure the advice given is sound. When a discussion leads to a new feature proposal or bug report that the moderators should be able to help getting those topics started in the Discussion with Groundspeak section. Also moderators may move topics started in that section here if they think the community input is a better route to go.

Oh, before I am taken wrong. I am very appreciative of the work the volunteers do. My local reviewer IMO is the best in the country! Now, the employees, they get paid and that should be enough of a shield to handle the heat! :P Sorry Moun10bike! {grin}

Okay joking aside, thanks everyone....

Yeah Frank.

We'll remember that when we deal with you at your job. :rolleyes::laughing:

Oh, before I am taken wrong. I am very appreciative of the work the volunteers do. My local reviewer IMO is the best in the country! Now, the employees, they get paid and that should be enough of a shield to handle the heat! :P Sorry Moun10bike! {grin}

Yeah Frank.

Wow, you would real step foot in my place of work? :P

Yeah Frank.

Wow, you would real step foot in my place of work? :P

Only to give you heat Frank. :D

What else do you like about the geocaching website and what Groundspeak does?

Remember they are the groundbreakers on this activity and website. They've had to build this whole thing from the ground up with no other template to work from.

Let them know what works as well as what doesn't work.

So often people write about complaints here.

I'd like to see what has worked for people, for a change.

Thank you Groundspeak for this great idea that is really improving the game!!

What else is working out there?

One improvement I've really enjoyed is the new Beta Maps. OK, there are still some bugs, but they've made a real difference to how easy it is to plan a geocaching trip. :D