Any thing wrong with this?

buzzsawddog

I am going to be moving in a few days. A move that is going to take me about 3k miles. I was wondering, there are a few TB's in the area that are just wanting to add up miles. Would there be anything wrong with picking up handful and taking them with? I see some people that seem a bit angry on the form when someone goes around and harvests them. I guess the only difference for me is that I would indeed be moving them, Just going to have to hang onto them for a few weeks.

I am going to be moving in a few days. A move that is going to take me about 3k miles. I was wondering, there are a few TB's in the area that are just wanting to add up miles. Would there be anything wrong with picking up handful and taking them with? I see some people that seem a bit angry on the form when someone goes around and harvests them. I guess the only difference for me is that I would indeed be moving them, Just going to have to hang onto them for a few weeks.

Contact the bug owners and see if they mind.

Check the missions...if that's what the owner wants folks to do, then it should be fine.

Yeah, I have been checking the goals. I have seen a few running in a direction different than me and will surly pass them over. But I guess my real question is. How many TB and Coins would be to many to carry :-)

Not in my opinion. Make sure you know the goals of the travel bugs before you move them that far. If there goal is purely miles then they are fair game. You just have to use your best judgement as to how long they are in your possession.

Sounds fine to me, as long as you won't be taking any "off mission".

"Just going to have to hang onto them for a few weeks."

If it's likely to be more than 3 weeks before you can drop them into a new cache it would be good to add a Note log to each bug's page just to let the owner know what's happening.

MrsB

If you are assisting the bug towards its goal, it doesn't matter if you move two or twenty. Just make sure you aren't hanging on to them for too long.

As for people saying you are hoarding, they have no right saying that you can't move my bug.

bd

Edited by BlueDeuce

Thanks everyone for their reply. I went with the advise of checking goals then contacting owners. ALL of the owners were rather excited: A. That I picked up the TB. B. That I was going to take it so far. C. Did not mind that I had them for the designated amount of time.

Happy caching to everyone.

Treat bugs like a buffet. Take all you want log all you take.

I harvest current locations before traveling and then as I travel dip them at each location. Sometimes releasing them if I have moved them as close to their goal as possible. Since many of them are just "I want to travel" they stay for vacation. Currently on a 10,000 mile vacation over six months. Should be some well traveled bugs when I return.

And just a thought. If you spend your life worrying about whether something you do will anger some people you are going to miss a lot of fun. Bug owners want them to travel and that is the only concern here.