?Would the real Jon Stanley Please Stand Up?

gardengorilla

Hi all, I was checking out the eplace this morning when I found this guy selling Moun10bike geocoin pins. I'm pretty sure it isn't Jon because he is in Kansas City, MO. Also, the guy states in the auction that he has other geocoins "found left behind by hikers in the forests of Alaska and Washington state"

So, anyone know what's up?

It's just a regular Moun10bike lapel pin. The seller is using the word "geocoin" in the listing to get more hits from people, perhaps like you, who found it by searching "geocoin", or new items listed in the "geocoin" category. Jon made them every year for a few years in a row, and left them in many caches. He also traded them, gave them away, etc.

TMA

Search for geocoin -pathtag . It will eleminate all auctions with the word pathtag in the title.

hmmm, I knew there was some way to get rid of those pesky pathtags...:P

BTW there is also someone on the eplace sellings a few Tranquility coins for $180+...is that what they go for now? If it is maybe I can get rid of some Christmas debt!

I never post here, but seeing "would the real Jon Stanley please stand up" on the side of the main forums page caught my interest. :lol: Yeah, it sounds like the guy just picked a pin up as a trade item in a cache, and is now selling it all these years later. He also says it's new in a small plastic bag. However, note that the pin is posed on top of a Moun10Bike coin, and he says in the listing the coin underneath is not for sale. So he pretty much took a Moun10Bike coin from a cache, and kept it for himself. :(

I never post here, but seeing "would the real Jon Stanley please stand up" on the side of the main forums page caught my interest. :lol: Yeah, it sounds like the guy just picked a pin up as a trade item in a cache, and is now selling it all these years later. He also says it's new in a small plastic bag. However, note that the pin is posed on top of a Moun10Bike coin, and he says in the listing the coin underneath is not for sale. So he pretty much took a Moun10Bike coin from a cache, and kept it for himself. :(

It says right on all of the Moun10Bike coins pages that you can keep them. I think all of them have been kept.

Not to pour gasoline on the fire, I am a little suspicious since he has sold multiple numbers of these pins for big bucks. He has already sold 5 of these since the end of November. They have sold for $25 all the way up to $65. He must have found a lot of them back when he was caching in the Northwest. Who knew there would be "Real Gold" in that Swag?

Those that have been around long enough should know who's userid that is on eBay.

Since the item listed is non-trackable, I've removed the link to the auction.

Been around for almost 5 years, I don't know who it is...

It was both the item(s) for sale and the way the listing was worded that got my attention. It seemed to me that the seller was just picking these pins, tbs and geocoins out of caches to sell. I didn't want to start anything, though I did want to know if something can/should be done about it.

I think I know who it is. The person has been banned from here and geocaching.com if it's who I suspect.

It is :)

It's not the same guy who was selling a Moun10Bike v3 a couple of weeks ago, was it?

Nope, that was an old time collector from Oregon, who still lives there. He's stopped collecting, but he had a few nice coins back in the day.

TMA

Furthermore, if this guy is selling items he took from caches, don't give him any more help advertising by bringing it up here.

Jon does not sell these. They are gifts, and this guy is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

A herd of horses, obviously . . . . . <_<

Or a flock of ravens... :D

Furthermore, if this guy is selling items he took from caches, don't give him any more help advertising by bringing it up here.

Jon does not sell these. They are gifts, and this guy is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

A herd of horses, obviously . . . . . <_<

Or a flock of ravens... :D

...who got in(on)to a bottle of wine... Edited by Ladybug Kids