The End of the World - 12/21/2012

boiler-todd

The only problem I see with a 12/21/12 coin is I KNOW there will be a 12/12/12 multi event coin and the two dates/projects would be awfully close together. Perhaps if the 12/12/12 coin is end of the world or Mayan calendar themed it could fit both bills??

CF30

Maybe something along the lines of: "12/12/12: only nine more caching days until the End of The World!"

The only problem I see with a 12/21/12 coin is I KNOW there will be a 12/12/12 multi event coin and the two dates/projects would be awfully close together. Perhaps if the 12/12/12 coin is end of the world or Mayan calendar themed it could fit both bills??

CF30

Maybe something along the lines of: "12/12/12: only nine more caching days until the End of The World!"

Hahaha! Good one! :anibad:

CF30

Well, also ...the 12-12-12 will be the last multi-event, because 13-13-13 is not possible, so... how about a double coin for the 12-12-12 and 12-21-12, i.e. a coin with the two dates. In that way, will be possible to do the same order for the two events, if you like to do the two events.

There have been MANY dates that are supposed to mark the the end of the world. I don't really see the significance of this one more than any of the others (except that it is probably a good excuse for an event, esp. since it is on a Friday - a little too close to Christmas for my taste, though). I am more interested in the 12/12/12 (esp since we have hosted one of those events since 8/8/8), and would be very disappointed to see 12/12/12 merged with 12/21/12 on one coin. None of the other event coins (8/8/8, 9/9/9, 10/10/10, 11/11/11) shared a design with another event on a different day. I see the 12/12/12 event as a culmination of a series of events that the end of the world date/event has nothing to do with, except that they share the same digits. I might be in the minority, but that is my opinion.

Well, also ...the 12-12-12 will be the last multi-event, because 13-13-13 is not possible, so... how about a double coin for the 12-12-12 and 12-21-12, i.e. a coin with the two dates. In that way, will be possible to do the same order for the two events, if you like to do the two events.

Ooh, ooh, ooh! How 'bout the 12/12/12 design on one side of the coin and the 12/21/12 design on the other!!! :D

CF30

I would agree that 12-12-12 and 12-21-12 should not be mixed on the same coin. They are separate events*. If they were mix then and on 12-22-12 the 12-12-12 coin will just look silly. Beside does the world really have too many geocoin.

* = maybe the same geocaching Event, but in life they are separate events.

12/21/12 is not something that will happen in Europe and many other parts of the world, as for us it will be 21/12/12

So for a really notable palindromic date 21/11/12 will be worth noting, for those of us who write the date correctly :laughing:

this inablility of europeans to write dates properly explains why their end of the world comes first :laughing: .

ILYK

I think both should be done and let folks decide which event and coin they wish to participate in... If I recall correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but the 11-11-11 multi event (coin) project had 53 different versions which IMHO is total overkill...

splitting them would create smaller groups for each project and may be better received by anyone wishing to participate...

If given an choice, I'd choose to do a 12-21-12 "end of the world" coin over the 12-12-12 project... a friday night event is always better attended than a wednesday night event...

I think both should be done and let folks decide which event and coin they wish to participate in... If I recall correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but the 11-11-11 multi event (coin) project had 53 different versions which IMHO is total overkill...

splitting them would create smaller groups for each project and may be better received by anyone wishing to participate...

If given an choice, I'd choose to do a 12-21-12 "end of the world" coin over the 12-12-12 project... a friday night event is always better attended than a wednesday night event...

wait a minute...you folks aren't fooling me again!

would it be a 12-12-12 coin, or a 12-12-12 coin, in europe?

ILYK

CF30

That was the plan. :D 12-12-12 Apocalypse!

CF30

That was the plan. :D 12-12-12 Apocalypse!

[LIKE] <-- *Click*

CF30