Found flag on field notes

WestSideDaddy

I think it would be really useful to have an indicator on the field notes page if you have already logged the cache. Sometime I will log a cache on the GPSr but also will log it from my smartphone. When I upload my field notes it will show up again and if I don't remember which ones I logged in the field then I will double log the cache.

Seems like it would be a nice addition to add a column to the field notes page and showing a smiley on the caches that are already logged.

Thanks for the consideration.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a draft log option under the field notes on the GPS so that they are ready just to log back at base.

Ummm, have you actually used field notes? Because unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say, it sounds like you are describing field notes exactly. :unsure:

Wouldn't it be easier to have a draft log option under the field notes on the GPS so that they are ready just to log back at base.

Ummm, have you actually used field notes? Because unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say, it sounds like you are describing field notes exactly. :unsure:

I discovered Field Notes over the Christmas holiday. But when I log finds I don't get an option to add text in the form of a log - or have I missed something? I don't have the GPS with me but from memory after finding a cache I have the option to Log Find followed by Found, DNF etc. Not aware of a notes or log area during that process. I then upload the txt file when I get back to base. If I have missed it do tel :)
But when I log finds I don't get an option to add text in the form of a log - or have I missed something?

Ahh, now I see what you meant. I was about to ask what GPS you have, then I noticed your sig line. 62s. Same as I have.

After you choose "Found" or "Did Not Find" you get another set of buttons - "Find Next Closest", "Done", and "Add Comment". It's that last one that you're looking for. Granted it's tedious to enter text on the 62s, but it is adequate for a word or two to jog your memory later.

But when I log finds I don't get an option to add text in the form of a log - or have I missed something?

Ahh, now I see what you meant. I was about to ask what GPS you have, then I noticed your sig line. 62s. Same as I have.

After you choose "Found" or "Did Not Find" you get another set of buttons - "Find Next Closest", "Done", and "Add Comment". It's that last one that you're looking for. Granted it's tedious to enter text on the 62s, but it is adequate for a word or two to jog your memory later.

Ahhh there it is :) I was looking for it at the same stage as Log Find rather than after it. But yes, it is a bit of a pain entering anything meaningful. Might still use it to make a brief note to remember something though.

Thanks for the Tip.