Logging finds with GC app on Android

gerryk

Ok, I am missing something. I used my phone to find some caches and I followed the following directions

3. Click 'Log Type' and select the option that best fits your log type

4. Click 'Message' and enter your log note that will appear on the geocache page

5. [in the 'Auto-Post as Log' drop-down, select 'On' if you wish to submit a log. Select 'Off' if you would prefer to submit a field note that you can post as a log on the website at a later time.]

6. Click on 'Save and Dismiss' to save your log or field note in the application for later use. This will not submit the log or field note to Geocaching.com. The feature is most often used when you have no network connectivity. To access these logs later, go to the 'Settings' option under 'MENU' from the original search screen.

7. If you would like to submit your log or field note to the website, click 'Submit to Geocaching.com.'

When I got to part 5 I can not find the auto post as long option. When I click submit, it is submitted as a field note that I have to log in online to finalize.

Is that how this software works or can I actually log a find via this phone and app?

I believe the "Auto-Post as Log" dropdown was there in a previous version and removed at some point.

For the current version, you need to uncheck the "Post as Field Note" checkbox if you want the "Submit to Geocaching.com" button to immediately log the cache.

Edited by deercreekth