Anyone with a Magellan Explorist 510 (Ontario) I need help

CanadianSwissCouple

We recently went out and upgraded to a Explorist 510, Dont get me wrong we love how acurate the GPS is over the Blackberry App we used to use, but we need some help in how to use it.

If you live in the Barrie, Ontario area, or are willing to help us online please contact us.

We are wondering how to punch in Cords so we can start checking off some mystery cache's. We are still fairly new at geocaching but we think were ready for this next step. Your help will no go un rewarded. Maybe some help over beer and wings???

PLEASE HELP!!!

The owner's manual seems pretty thorough.

http://support.magellangps.com/support/assets/manuals/112-0012-001_A.pdf

Are you wondering how to input the final coordinates for a mystery cache? Check out the sections about editing waypoints.

For the record, I got a new Magellan for XMAS, and they give you about a 10 page owner's manual with only the very basics in the box, and online is the only place you can get that. As a matter of fact, I haven't looked at the one for my model yet.

Are you wondering how to input the final coordinates for a mystery cache? Check out the sections about editing waypoints.

For the record, I got a new Magellan for XMAS, and they give you about a 10 page owner's manual with only the very basics in the box, and online is the only place you can get that. As a matter of fact, I haven't looked at the one for my model yet.

Yeah, the instruction Manual that comes with it is VERY basic. I think I might have got the waypoint thing now.

Yeah, the instruction Manual that comes with it is VERY basic. I think I might have got the waypoint thing now.

Well, it's my first new handheld GPS since 2005. Are Garmin, Delorme, and even Lowrance just giving you a 10 page "quick start" owners manual, and you have to get the full manual online? Anyone?

Well, yours is a more top of the line model than mine, but I looked at the Magellan cache page for yours, and it has a waypoints menu just like mine. Generally over the years, regardless of GPS manufacturer or model, for a puzzle or multi cache, I would usually over-write the downloaded coordinates for the puzzle or the next stage of a multi cache. Or you could even just snap waypoints in the house, and edit them to your puzzle cache solution coordinates.